It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has changed me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
About 10 years ago I started to research the UFO phenomenon. Then it led me to 911 research which I studied religously for about 5 years. Finally I stumbled across the ATS website about a year ago and all its related links and info on the UFO/911 intrest I had. Since I was 16 I have been mad at the goverment...knew back then that Oil was king and the goverment was in their pocket.
Fast forward to now and I find myself caring about politics. And have learned so much here, allthough some would disagree because I like Mrs. Alaska.
Anywho the point I want to make is that I am no writer, a hands on person. I can build a house from ground up , put dinosaurs together as a hobby.So just because I am not a skilled writer does not make me stupid. Though I do some dumb things from time to time. This site and its members have gave me a greater understanding about the history and the whole political areana.
So don't get too mad at us for posting illogical thoughts or venting...this is the best place that I have found to work out how I feel about various issues. I want to help change , I want to fight , I seek direction, I even like it when I am corrected. This site is growing and so are the views.
I like being a part of this site. It makes me feel I am doing something responsible for my country by participating.
I just want to be a part of the "Fix it group" so bad that I could scream.

ok...ready for the critique

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

ATS has changed me as well. I love the community and will be eternally thankful that I was somehow able to stumble upon this gold mine of information. I guess the fun part is just deciphering what is fact vs fiction

The biggest thing that ATS has helped me with is to realize the perspective from others posting on here regarding their own opinions. It has helped my mind to think in a more logical way, and approach more topics with an open mind. Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot of learning to do... But that is where ATS has influenced my perspectives...

Good post

[edit on 7-9-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
ATS has changed me as well. My (ex)girl said for the worst. She is very naive. She left me recently because she refuses to see whats going on and accept it. She even said she ignores it on purpose. She feels compelled to live her American Dream and continue on her beaten path.

I have chosen to wake up. To stop unnecessary spending, and start bringing myself back to the basics.

I also believe the opposite of her, obviously. I feel I have opened my eyes to a boat-load of information that would've previously been unknown, had I not stumbled across this site.

My demeanor has changed though. I am a more serious person with life decisions, spending habits and my lifestyle. No one around me understands, nor do I expect them to.

I appreciate this site more than anything else I read off the 'net. I enjoy alot of the threads, especially the survival ones. I definitely feel more open-minded when it comes to ATS-related themes.

I believe there are many things that are unknown, things we will never know, only speculate about, and as humans, make rash decisions accordingly.

Great thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

I couldn't have said it better...really..

I also feel that alot of us are going to be parting ways with girl/boy friends/loved ones . I am getting upset with some of my friends that don't seem to care whats going on as long as they have there beer and TV.

I feel like Noah sometimes , its sad the denial that abounds .

[Mod Edit - changed quote to Reply To tab]

[edit on 7/9/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I also think ATS has also changed me. Ever since I been lurking on ATS I have been noticing many things and it becomes clear. The facts and whatever people throw at us here in the threads connect in some ways. Its is so much clearer. My understanding of such things allows me to notics the small things which changes alot of perspectives on life. I love this site.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Yeah but what really IS on this site? I haven't seen definitive evidence of anything actually on here. In fact its hard to find evidence of anything ANYWHERE. Let me explain.

When I first came onto this site I was 14 I think and under a different username. I believed in Stewart Swerdlow and all the conspiracy theories that went along with him. I was stupid, young, and vulnerable. Another guy eventually told me about Swerdlows beliefs but i'm still wondering to this day if he was a molester or honest. Which scares me but luckily I was at least a smart kid.

Anyway, I have realised recently that my entire former belief system is shattered and I am even starting to doubt 9/11 is a conspiracy on the basis that if a plane didn't hit the pentagon, where are those people?

I use to believe in everything and now I believe in nothing. I barely even believe in God, but I do because of unexplainable science.

Now i'm 4 years older and a lot different. A LOT different and I still have a lot of things in my life to experience that I haven't because of my school situation.

My point is that if you are really looking for hardcore E.V.I.D.E.N.C.E then you will find little to none.

Luckily the thing I am most interested in, MK-ULTRA has a lot of interesting facts that are actually 100% real but everyday people are too stupid to put it together.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by humandefense02
Anyway, I have realised recently that my entire former belief system is shattered and I am even starting to doubt 9/11 is a conspiracy on the basis that if a plane didn't hit the pentagon, where are those people?

I use to believe in everything and now I believe in nothing. I barely even believe in God, but I do because of unexplainable science.

Welcome to the rabbit hole.

None of what you hear and only half what you see.

Research, Realize and Then make your own mind up.

Educate yourself, with regards those events and/or situations taking place in your everyday life, Come to Your own conclusions. Base Your end-result opinions, stance, etc. upon the same.

... 'lest you fall prey to those Many .orgs and/or .govs (media, first and foremost) who would like to steer your mind along a more guided path - Theirs.

$.02

just sayin'...

Think for Yourself.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
ATS hasn't really changed me. Instead it has solidified alot of my suspicions of how the mainstream media has a totall controll over the populace. ATS is a breath of fresh air , where intelligent " awkened people " share their views on everything from politics to UFOs. My only fear is that the government realizes this also , and is looking to shut these kind of forums down in the near future. S + F.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by humandefense02
Yeah but what really IS on this site? I haven't seen definitive evidence of anything actually on here. In fact its hard to find evidence of anything ANYWHERE. Let me explain.

Look harder then, because there are hundreds of thoughtful posts/threads with evidence everywhere on these forums!!! First step... Try the search function...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
None of what you hear and only half what you see.

Words to live by.

Originally posted by tmayhemw01
Look harder then, because there are hundreds of thoughtful posts/threads with evidence everywhere on these forums!!!

Good point.
Thousands of threads.

I'm not looking for the answer,
I'm looking for more creative thinking.

Found that here.
---->

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
ATS has no doubt turned my world upside down. It's strange too because I come on here knowing there are many that can shoot down my own experiences but at the same time there are those who can come along and help me realize that I can stand on my own two feet knowing what I went through was valid. I think I have a love/hate relationship at times, but this is the only place where I feel like I can feel at home...

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I agree, every once in awhile someone will throw out a bogus, unresearched piece of information but someone will inevitably find the weak points. I am also going through a divorce because of this reality shift, though mine is based mainly on my children's, acquantenances/friends, and my personal experiences.

Life is a really, really wild ride

Rich

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I also first became interested in UFOs (something which I now never look into or click on a threat related to.. weird huh?).

It was 1998 and I was 9 years old. I remember creating a badly designed UFO website and uploading a bunch of stolen videos on there that I got from p2p programs.
Not sure how long ATS has been around for, but I came across it back either in late 90s or very very early 00s when looking for Area 51 information.

Now it's 2009 and I prefer to read about escapist themes like pseudo science and the like.

I don't think it changed me. Hard to tell, because I'd have to be in contact with a Me living in a parallel universe that didn't sign up to ATS to know if I would have turned out this way regardless.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

havok i know your pain lost my ex as well. as for me i dont like taking the osterich approach to life. guess our ex's will be haveing a cold shower of reality in the near distant future

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I'm really glad I came across this site too, someone said their belief system shattered... well Im glad mine did, I feel stronger now. If I didnt wake up a few yeras ago, probably never would have. Its hard knowing all the stuff you learn here without talking about it with people, because soon enough you'd be labelled as the town nutso... but when you find some open minded people it's cool.

When I first read this site my co worker and I laughed really hard at all the bogus stuff here, but a lot of it is starting to crystallize as being incredibly likely to be true. I also read between the lines a lot more, like when some friends and I saw a preview on TV for 'The Colony' I brought up the fact that maybe they're trying to prepare us for a coming disaster and they looked at me like I was crazy. At least you dont get that here

new topics

top topics

join