It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel approves construction of more settlements

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

europe? yes they will NEVER forgive germany.

Harlequin, my friend: Europe is not just part of the problem, but its CAUSE: Europe decided to set Israel where it lays now after wwII. Imagine what would happen having Israel between Italy, switzerland and austria.
Now in germany you can't even draw a swastika by joke (a co worker of mine has been fired for drawing one in a cappuccino, nuff said).
Germany is the most counter-nazi country in europe now: they have paid enough for the faults of Hitler, don't let mistake what is doing wrong israel today with what really happened, which is an offence to makind

The problem is that since they suffered an holocaust, they seem to be legitimate to make suffer another holocaust to palestinians, which started some count down, this is why it is a matter of time: everyone will pay for his faults, Israel included, but the tragedy that they've suffered is another story, and a very sad one.

[edit on 7/9/2009 by internos]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

In reality there was an Israel between Austria and Italy and it's still there and it's called Swizterland!

The tribes have been around and established a lot of nations. Denmark and it's vikings would terrorize the pagans to turning to Holy Roman Catholic Rule and the Vikings themselves would carry off most of their loot and pillage down to the Middle East to sell it and party.

The house of Dan is Rothschild, and Switzerland and it's 13 canton system of government is the Banksters strong hold.

Why do you think Napoleon ended up being cruelly poisoned to death on the Aisle of Elba...it was for attacking Switzerland, big no, no.

Why do you think the Nazis waited patiently on Denmark's beaches for all the Jews to be evacuated? They like icey beaches and the fishing was too good?

Rome and the Jews work hand in hand to give mankind all these wonderful things!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

And how about Belgium and diamond market? Anversa is also called the "Jerusalem of north". Behind the station, there's a neighborhood where some HUGE percentage of diamonds in the world are being sold and buyed
There's even the museum of the diamond: who's running it? Of course it's not me.
www.diamantmuseum.be...
The base of your statement is correct, i also appreciate the philosophy in it, it does make sense: if i'd have to depict switzerland i'd call it some country where you put your money and they are safe, no matter where they come from.
But unless it's illegal, i think that they must be allowed to do whatever they want. The problem is that what they are doing to palestinian is illegal and criminal, and the shame is that no one is moving a finger to rescue that people. And whenever you point it out you are called some nazist.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

It's a strategy that is ultimately so self defeating, perpetrated by a people whose collective intelligence and logic dictates that they must know the ultimate end their collective actions will create.

I simply believe that it's all done to mimic and duplicate biblical prophecy for the sole purpose of creating the conditions where the architechts of the plan believe the people of the world will accept a one world government and universal rule.

On the surface it looks like disparate peoples working at cross purposes, when you actually follow history's paper trail it's just one massive conspiracy to fool the people into thinking that seemingly random events have a random outcome, except for the fact that the events are not random, the actual architechts and main players are not disparate and that its a controlled chaos aimed at reaching a specific goal that the chaos naturally leads too.

I believe the Zionists play their hand in a purposeful attempt to deliberately get people to eventually shun and attack Israel for the whole purpose of setting the conditions to mimic biblical prophecy.

I think Rome and the Zionist/Jewish leadership have been working hand in hand throughout the ages with the nobles and corporate titans to effect that outcome and to make it appear to be prophecy coming true so people go along with it.

There are just way to many coincidences in my humble oppinion.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
Not a smart way to engage people in negotiations if you ask me.

Negotiations?
Please describe some of them?

What has Israel offered lately?

a two state solution if palestinians agree to no arms whatsoever
no arms? How will they defend themselves when new settlers come and beat them up? Which happens often with little or no investigations after.

Or what he brought to the table to Obama. A TEMPORARY and PARTIAL freeze to settlement building?

All that Israel has ever offered were eggs.

Something they know nobody will accept. So to even call it negotiations is absurd, they are more like slaps on the faces.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The whole process on Israel's part has long been a sham of excuses and finger pointing and crying that we tried this once upon a time and that once upon a time, even though what they claim they tried once upon a time is nothing at all remotely close to what they tried and what happened.

At some point Israel needs to accept that it is 2009, Monday, September 7th, and not 1948, or 1967, or 1972 any more.

It truly is a crime against humanity that is being pepetrated here.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Some pseudo-negotiations are some slap in the face, they are clearly saying that they will take whatever they want, and everyone else must shut up. Basically they are saying "listen, we will stop bombing you (maybe) and (some day) stop stealing your territory (when we will have enough[which will NEVER happen because they have never enough]) IF you stop defending yourselves.

Operation Cast Lead has been one of those things that make the so called "terrorism" GROW and GROW and then GROW even more. Not to mention WHAT they used there: look at some of the wounds. They used weapons able to cut a person in two sides, where one side (the upper one) is entire and the other one (the lower) litterally VANISHES. How evil must you be to even create this type of weapon and to use it towards some 12 Years old children? This is beyond me. Seriously, it's beyond me. I did put efforts but i cant find any possible explanation. This story won't find some peaceful end: yes Hamas is mostly made of criminals, but how can we call Israeli government then?
I SWEAR, i have NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING towards jews, what Hitler did has been something that no words can ever depict, he hurted the whole mankind, i often cry just listening to some account of someone who has been caught and closed into some lager.
But this does NOT legitimate what is happening now:
we can call next counter-actions "Terrorist attacks" or "Donald Duck", whatever will happen it will be deserved, whatever and at whatever level, including very heavy counter measures.
How i wish to see two countries living in peace there, but i'm afraid this will keep being a dream. NOt just Israel, but humans in general are too evil to even understand the meaning of the word "peace".

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Not sure this is wisest of decisions. If there would be some paper signed in the near future, those houses would have to come down and people relocated, just as it was in Gaza. From my personal experience from a decade ago there were a lot of semi-empty settlements. And i am not speaking about outposts where in best case one/two families live in dozen temporary houses. Guarded one in army myself and there was 3 soldiers guarding 10 cardboard houses , one with family of four ,one with us and others empty.
Maybe it changed and there is indeed sudden boom in population now,maybe Jews from Gaza are now living there. In any case, even if there is need in new housing, it should be concentrated in those settlement blocks that would remain in Israel after final agreement. It is stupid to build houses for people who would be thrown out later. Especially since it is bad for international relations too.
To make things more clear however:
show me one Palestinian leader who accepts even 1948 UN borders for Jewish state? All is illegal as far as they are conserned, and there was no Palestinian nation in 1948.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It amazes me that some of the people on here are advocating some kind of action against Israel.

Seriously where are your priorities? Where is the objectivity?

You truly think the US is going to waste tax payers money and take on Israel over some housing on the West Bank?

If the US really feels the need to stand up for the plight of oppressed peoples of the world, the Tibetans and Kurds will have high priority. The Palestinians have never been treated by the Israelis as bad as the Kurds and Tibetans are oppressed.

As for the nuclear issue, the US is worried about proliferators. Thats why we don't see the US jumping down India's or Pakistan's throats over nuclear weapons. Israel isn't a proliferator.

This is nothing but people ranting over the "evil Zionist jooz".

And for the people thinking Israel going away will make the world better, I'm sorry but the globalist elite were around long before 1948 or the Zionist movement. Its just one of the many chess pieces on the board.

Don't worry though you just keep misdirected, I mean focused on Israel and the evil Jooz, while the global elite continue their program of universal debt bondage.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Earlier this year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said she and Obama had told the Israelis that the United States opposed all expansion of Israeli settlements.

"He [Obama] wants to see a stop to settlements -- not some settlements, not outposts, not natural growth exceptions. We think it is in the best interests of the effort that we are engaged in that settlement expansion cease," Clinton said at the State Department in May.

I sure would like to see an end to them too!

Yet as always Israels reluctance to agree will no doubt still be rewarded with U.S. Taxpayer money to pay for it all.

The crimes are endless.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
WHOA! Holy cow...I can't believe some of the stuff I am reading here.

Racism and xenophobia drive much of what the Jewish state of Israel practices.
The old claim of being "the Chosen People/Ones" of God, and that GOD gave them Palestine ( show me the title! ) fuels their arrogance to defy any and all treaties, should it benefit them to do so. This has long been their "modus operandi" since the beginning. Say one thing, promise this or that, and do what ever the hell they want in the end anyway. Plus, blame the Palestinians even when it is the Israelis who are clearly and blatantly defying peace accords.

The old adage" living well, is the best revenge" fuels most of the problems today.

That adage can also be worded as; " Hurray for me, to hell with you!" Or more currently;" He who has the most, WINS!" All huge attitude problems, if you ask me.

We all have seen just what this type of "personal revenge" leads to lately.
Political corruption, banking scandals, excessive corporate salaries/benefits and an egregiously greedy population.

Unbridled territorial growth does not necessarily equate to prosperity, especially if it subjugates and suppresses some one else, another culture, and denies them their civil liberties/humanity.

I am not anti-Jewish, but, I must amend it with; they have become a massive liability to the USA, because of our undying and excessive political/financial support of them. We keep rewarding and coddling the bully on the block. Seems that U.S. of America is afraid it will roll over belly up, if we should decide enough is enough, and tell the Israeli's you are on your own. We're sick and tired of your selfishness, and lying to the world.

May I also add; that if they attack IRAN, and start a nuclear war, they cannot depend on us, to come running to their defense. You start a war, you are on your own! End of story!

If Russia and China decide to join forces, and take out Israel, then so be it...you brought it on yourself.

Finally; in an age of diminishing resources and over population, I cannot find one iota of support within myself for the; " living well is the best revenge " rhetoric. The day and age of living for the "accumulation of stuff, because you can" is over!

Nobody are the "CHOSEN ONES", or favored by GOD! JEWS included!

I think it's high time to impose some stiff and severe unilateral and international sanctions against Israel. They are long overdue a good spanking!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

As for the nuclear issue, the US is worried about proliferators. Thats why we don't see the US jumping down India's or Pakistan's throats over nuclear weapons. Israel isn't a proliferator.

Well, of course i am not one of those who wish to Israel to vanish, i wish to them long life.
But at the same time i'd love to see Israel behaving in some CIVIL way, am i asking too much?
Are you serious when you state that Israel is nor a proliferator?
The truth is that Isreael has always been allowed to HIDE what exactly they have, it's not like Iran or north Korea that have to host inspectors sent by International Atomic Energy Agency, Israel is NOT some proliferator, it is THE proliferator once you exclude USA and Russia from the list, you know? Or do you think that Iran is enriching uranium because it has nothing better to do?
Look:

DIA Estimate For Israeli Nuclear Weapons

Why we have to call it "estimate"? Because no one really knows, plain and simple.

In early 1968, the CIA issued a report concluding that Israel had successfully started production of nuclear weapons. This estimate, however, was based on an informal conversation between Carl Duckett, head of the CIA's Office of Science and Technology, and Edward Teller, father of the hydrogen bomb. Teller said that, based on conversations with friends in the Israeli scientific and defense establishment, he had concluded that Israel was capable of building the bomb, and that the CIA should not wait for an Israeli test to make a final assessment because that test would never be carried out.

then

By the late 1990s the U.S. Intelligence Community estimated that Israel possessed between 75-130 weapons, based on production estimates. The stockpile would certainly include warheads for mobile Jericho-1 and Jericho-2 missiles, as well as bombs for Israeli aircraft, and may include other tactical nuclear weapons of various types. Some published estimates even claimed that Israel might have as many as 400 nuclear weapons by the late 1990s. We believe these numbers are exaggerated, and that Israel's nuclear weapons inventory may include less than 100 nuclear weapons. Stockpiled plutonium could be used to build additional weapons if so decided.

www.fas.org...

not that bad for being some no proliferator, huh?

And God only really knows what the heck they really have,
Now tell me why even International Atomic Energy Agency has to behave like some espionage agency in order to find more about their weapons, and at the same time they are able to count every single gram of uranium being worked by Iran: to my eyes, every country should be treated the same way, there should not be different categories. Right? Or am i missing something?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

There might not have been a 'Palestinian Nation in 1948, but there was no Israeli nation in 1947 either!

For those who love to say there were no Palestinians that they were all Arab nationals from other established nations in the region...

There sure weren't any Israelis either as we know for a fact that almost all of them came from Europe and the Soviet Union and Africa.

Warped circular logic arguments that sound good to people with an agenda that depends upon warped circular logic arguments are not sound arguments to those who can afford through lack of agenda to see the hypcrocies and falsehoods in them.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
More Sad News. Ode to a stubborn people.

The first step to stability in the Middle-East lies is withdrawing support for Israel. Israeli Politicians and Army are regarded as oppresive and cruel in nature by the surrounding regions(the world around?) and will never see a reasonable arms trade as long as the world's leading superpower(for now) is behind them %110!!

If mid-east stability is none of your concern...

Post WWI "Anti-West" sentiments in the general region originate from the West's build up, arming, and funding of the elite and minority officer class of each unpopular regime in the freashly cut regional cake. As soon as a popular uprising occured(or even before) Western powers maneuvered to thwart and replace with another unpopular regime supportive of western economic(oil) policies, always at the expense of the indigenous peoples. This framework occured in modern day Jordan, Lebanon, Plalestine, Iraq, Iran, Syria, Afgahnistan, Saudi Arabia, etc.

Post WWII Ant-Westimism is due to the much more obvious financial support of Israeli politicians of whom have constantly jeopordized the West's relationship with the Mid-East People through Apartheid domestic policy and aggressive foreign policy.

This is not about apeasement nor is it about right and wrong. I do not purport to know the answer to peace on that side of the planet, but I do know the conventional methods in practice serve only to foment violence, perhaps a new approach would be wise?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
A lovley quote I'll leave for you. Enjoy.

"It is the Arabs who are occupiers," [National Infrastructure Minister Uzi]Landau added. "A settlement freeze is a violation of human rights. What can we tell the families? Don't have any more kids, don't build another house, you can't have a playground here. This construction must not stop under any circumstances."

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 16grit

Pretty much what we all tell our kids when we break the news to them that we can't afford to live in Beverly Hills, give them a Ferrari for their 16th Birthday and a million dollar allowance.

There is no shortage of housing in Israel proper.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Your missing the part where Israel isn't spreading nuclear technology and weapons.

Unlike Iran, North Korea, and Syria.

If Israel began to spread such tech and weapons, I am sure the US would have a fit. Until then, Israel is not in the same category as Iran, Syria, and North Korea.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

There might not have been a 'Palestinian Nation in 1948, but there was no Israeli nation in 1947 either!

For those who love to say there were no Palestinians that they were all Arab nationals from other established nations in the region...

There sure weren't any Israelis either as we know for a fact that almost all of them came from Europe and the Soviet Union and Africa.

Warped circular logic arguments that sound good to people with an agenda that depends upon warped circular logic arguments are not sound arguments to those who can afford through lack of agenda to see the hypcrocies and falsehoods in them.

There were Jews in the former Ottoman administrative regions of Palestine and all inhabitants Arab or Jew were known as Palestinians in the former Ottoman administrative regions of Palestine.

Heck there were enough Jews in the Palestinian vilâyets during Napoleon's seige of Acre, that had Acre fallen, Napoleon would have proclaimed the region a Jewish state.

You also forgot all of the Jews from the Middle East who immigrated. You know from Yemen where Jews have been living for over 2000 years.

So whose agenda is really warped here?

If we really want to get technical about things we should just give the whole Middle East back to Turkey and revert the borders to pre World War I. The Turks would have a legitimate argument. Heck they ruled it 400 years before WWI.

[edit on 7/9/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

The entire World is corrupt, but what's going on in the Middle East, and promoted by the Zion State is just plain EVIL. There is no other way possible of seeing the situation

S&F

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Your missing the part where Israel isn't spreading nuclear technology and weapons.

Unlike Iran, North Korea, and Syria.

If Israel began to spread such tech and weapons, I am sure the US would have a fit. Until then, Israel is not in the same category as Iran, Syria, and North Korea.

And this is true, i admit it: whenever one spells the truth i admit it. But we also shoud think that not all countries have the same privileges of Israel, so many times it happens that they must find some alternative way, just in order to survive. Israel has not this problem, nor embargo issues, nor enemy satellites spying it: North Korea and Iran are still at some primitive stage of developement (talking about nukes): who would be interested in getting such of tech?
Poor countries, of course not USA: the real threat would be that they find some way to build a nuke big like some suitcase: THAT would be extremely concerning, and it's a no-no even in my opinion:
ALL Countries should be put under control, what i disagree with is to use two different criteria, depending on the country. This is just feeding terrorism and hate, and the solution would be simple: use the same criteria with everyone. Heck i know that Iran is not preparing some fireworks, but in the meantime, during the years, Israel has been allowed to do everything, violate interational laws and human rights. No one said a word. I also know that Hamas did the same, but go figure what is the cause and what is the consequence in such a mess

Do you think that i'm happy whenever some bus explodes killing israeli people? That is a LOSS for me and you, and for all those who deserve to be called human beings, no matter their religion nor political orientation. Once i saw the aftermath of a kamikaze attack in a discothèque, in Tel Aviv: it was 2000 or 2001, not sure, but it has to be 2001: you have no idea how horrible it has been, to see so many boys and girls devistated by the attack; blood everywhere, a complete chaos, ambulances unable to reach the area because of the traffic, People laying there, someone dying, someone already dead, police arresting randomly people. All below 20 years old. I confess you that i've felt HATE for all them, not just for the kamikaze. Now, we all know that something has to be done there, and the first thing to do is to STOP Israel: they are overdoing, they must stop.
Or are we supposed to stop them when this map will become all orange?
history.sandiego.edu...
WHO is supposed to stop them, since they even ignore UN resolutions and US put his veto everytime someone has something to say?

Resolution 106: "... 'condemns' Israel for Gaza raid"
Resolution 111: "...'condemns' Israel for raid on Syria that killed fifty-six people"
Resolution 127: "...'recommends' Israel suspend its 'no-man's zone' in Jerusalem"
Resolution 162: "...'urges' Israel to comply with UN decisions"
Resolution 171: "...determines flagrant violations' by Israel in its attack on Syria"
Resolution 228: "...'censures' Israel for its attack on Samu in the West Bank, then under Jordanian control"
Resolution 237: "...'urges' Israel to allow return of new 1967 Palestinian refugees"
Resolution 248: "... 'condemns' Israel for its massive attack on Karameh in Jordan"
Resolution 250: "... 'calls' on Israel to refrain from holding military parade in Jerusalem"
Resolution 251: "... 'deeply deplores' Israeli military parade in Jerusalem in defiance of Resolution 250"
Resolution 252: "...'declares invalid' Israel's acts to unify Jerusalem as Jewish capital"
Resolution 256: "... 'condemns' Israeli raids on Jordan as 'flagrant violation""
Resolution 259: "...'deplores' Israel's refusal to accept UN mission to probe occupation"
Resolution 262: "...'condemns' Israel for attack on Beirut airport"
Resolution 265: "... 'condemns' Israel for air attacks for Salt in Jordan"
Resolution 267: "...'censures' Israel for administrative acts to change the status of Jerusalem"
Resolution 270: "...'condemns' Israel for air attacks on villages in southern Lebanon"
Resolution 271: "...'condemns' Israel's failure to obey UN resolutions on Jerusalem"
Resolution 279: "...'demands' withdrawal of Israeli forces from Lebanon"
Resolution 280: "....'condemns' Israeli's attacks against Lebanon"
Resolution 285: "...'demands' immediate Israeli withdrawal form Lebanon"
Resolution 298: "...'deplores' Israel's changing of the status of Jerusalem"
Resolution 313: "...'demands' that Israel stop attacks against Lebanon"
Resolution 316: "...'condemns' Israel for repeated attacks on Lebanon"
Resolution 317: "...'deplores' Israel's refusal to release Arabs abducted in Lebanon"
Resolution 332: "...'condemns' Israel's repeated attacks against Lebanon"
Resolution 337: "...'condemns' Israel for violating Lebanon's sovereignty"
Resolution 347: "...'condemns' Israeli attacks on Lebanon"
Resolution 425: "...'calls' on Israel to withdraw its forces from Lebanon"
Resolution 427: "...'calls' on Israel to complete its withdrawal from Lebanon'
Resolution 444: "...'deplores' Israel's lack of cooperation with UN peacekeeping forces"
Resolution 446: "...'determines' that Israeli settlements are a 'serious obstruction' to peace and calls on Israel to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention"
Resolution 450: "...'calls' on Israel to stop attacking Lebanon"
Resolution 452: "...'calls' on Israel to cease building settlements in occupied territories"
Resolution 465: "...'deplores' Israel's settlements and asks all member states not to assist Israel's settlements program"
Resolution 467: "...'strongly deplores' Israel's military intervention in Lebanon"
Resolution 468: "...'calls' on Israel to rescind illegal expulsions of two Palestinian mayors and a judge and to facilitate their return"
Resolution 469: "...'strongly deplores' Israel's failure to observe the council's order not to deport Palestinians"
Resolution 471: "... 'expresses deep concern' at Israel's failure to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention"
Resolution 476: "... 'reiterates' that Israel's claims to Jerusalem are 'null and void'"
Resolution 478: "...'censures (Israel) in the strongest terms' for its claim to Jerusalem in its 'Basic Law'"
Resolution 484: "...'declares it imperative' that Israel re-admit two deported Palestinian mayors"
Resolution 487: "...'strongly condemns' Israel for its attack on Iraq's nuclear facility"
Resolution 497: "...'decides' that Israel's annexation of Syria's Golan Heights is 'null and void' and demands that Israel rescind its decision forthwith"
Resolution 498: "...'calls' on Israel to withdraw from Lebanon"
Resolution 501: "...'calls' on Israel to stop attacks against Lebanon and withdraw its troops"
Resolution 509: "...'demands' that Israel withdraw its forces forthwith and unconditionally from Lebanon"
Resolution 515: "...'demands' that Israel lift its siege of Beirut and allow food supplies to be brought in"
Resolution 517: "...'censures' Israel for failing to obey UN resolutions and demands that Israel withdraw its forces from Lebanon"
Resolution 518: "...'demands' that Israel cooperate fully with UN forces in Lebanon"
Resolution 520: "...'condemns' Israel's attack into West Beirut"
Resolution 573: "...'condemns' Israel 'vigorously' for bombing Tunisia in attack on PLO headquarters
Resolution 587: "...'takes note' of previous calls on Israel to withdraw its forces from Lebanon and urges all parties to withdraw"
Resolution 592: "...'strongly deplores' the killing of Palestinian students at Bir Zeit University by Israeli troops"
Resolution 605: "...'strongly deplores' Israel's policies and practices denying the human rights of Palestinians
Resolution 607: "...'calls' on Israel not to deport Palestinians and strongly requests it to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention
Resolution 608: "...'deeply regrets' that Israel has defied the United Nations and deported Palestinian civilians"
Resolution 636: "...'deeply regrets' Israeli deportation of Palestinian civilians
Resolution 641: "...'deplores' Israel's continuing deportation of Palestinians
Resolution 672: "...'condemns' Israel for violence against Palestinians at the Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount
Resolution 673: "...'deplores' Israel's refusal to cooperate with the United Nations
Resolution 681: "...'deplores' Israel's resumption of the deportation of Palestinians
Resolution 694: "...'deplores' Israel's deportation of Palestinians and calls on it to ensure their safe and immediate return
Resolution 726: "...'strongly condemns' Israel's deportation of Palestinians
Resolution 799: "...'strongly condemns' Israel's deportation of 413 Palestinians and calls for their immediate return.

The following are the resolutions vetoed by the United States during the period of September, 1972, to May, 1990 to protect Israel from council criticism:

1-....condemned Israel's attack against Southern against southern Lebanon and Syria..."
2-....affirmed the rights of the Palestinian people to self-determination, statehood and equal protections..."
3-...condemned Israel's air strikes and attacks in southern Lebanon and its murder of innocent civilians..."
4-....called for self-determination of Palestinian people..."
5-....deplored Israel's altering of the status of Jerusalem, which is recognized as an international city by most world nations and the United Nations..."
6-....affirmed the inalienable rights of the Palestinian people..."
7-....endorsed self-determination for the Palestinian people..."
8-....demanded Israel's withdrawal from the Golan Heights..."
9-....condemned Israel's mistreatment of Palestinians in the occupied West Bank and Gaza Strip and its refusal to abide by the Geneva convention protocols of civilized nations..."
10-....condemned an Israeli soldier who shot eleven Moslem worshippers at the Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount near Al-Aqsa Mosque in the Old City of Jerusalem..."
11-....urged sanctions against Israel if it did not withdraw from its invasion of Lebanon..."
12-....urged sanctions against Israel if it did not withdraw from its invasion of Beirut..."
13....urged cutoff of economic aid to Israel if it refused to withdraw from its occupation of Lebanon..."
14-....condemned continued Israeli settlements in occupied territories in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, denouncing them as an obstacle to peace..."
15-....deplores Israel's brutal massacre of Arabs in Lebanon and urges its withdrawal..."
16-....condemned Israeli brutality in southern Lebanon and denounced the Israeli 'Iron Fist' policy of repression...."
17-....denounced Israel's violation of human rights in the occupied territories..."
18-....deplored Israel's violence in southern Lebanon..."
19-....deplored Israel's activities in occupied Arab East Jerusalem that threatened the sanctity of Muslim holy sites..."
20-....condemned Israel's hijacking of a Libyan passenger airplane..."
21-....deplored Israel's attacks against Lebanon and its measures and practices against the civilian population of Lebanon..."
22-....called on Israel to abandon its policies against the Palestinian intifada that violated the rights of occupied Palestinians, to abide by the Fourth Geneva Conventions, and to formalize a leading role for the United Nations in future peace negotiations..."
23-....urged Israel to accept back deported Palestinians, condemned Israel's shooting of civilians, called on Israel to uphold the Fourth Geneva Convention, and called for a peace settlement under UN auspices..."
24-....condemned Israel's... incursion into Lebanon..."
25-....deplored Israel's... commando raids on Lebanon..."
26-....deplored Israel's repression of the Palestinian intifada and called on Israel to respect the human rights of the Palestinians..."
27-....deplored Israel's violation of the human rights of the Palestinians..."
28-....demanded that Israel return property confiscated from Palestinians during a tax protest and allow a fact-finding mission to observe Israel's crackdown on the Palestinian intifada..."
29-...called for a fact-finding mission on abuses against Palestinians in Israeli-occupied lands..."

www.palestine-pmc.com...

how comes that with Serbia it took ONE resolution and the day after there were bombers all over in their skies? (deserved of course)
Here, after zillions of resolutions we have the same ol' situation: a country occuping another one, with strenght and in breach of all international laws, not to mention human rights. You decide whether this is right or wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join