It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreamscape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
So I did a search and I am not sure if I overlooked other threads similar to this but I could not find one that really seemed to match it so I am going to go ahead and start this.

Has anyone here experienced the effects of a dream after they wake up? I am sure there must be many who have but to give an example I would like to briefly share a dream I had.

I dreamed I was still in the military and had cross-trained into some sort of special ops. carrier field in the Air Force. From what I took in from my surroundings and the information from my dream I gathered that I was stationed at a base in either Arizona or New Mexico for reason's unknown. I was under some sort of distress and very angry/depressed and was about to go execute high ranking members in the office area near my quarters. After grabbing my weapon (don't remember what it was) a flash of light caught my eye in the distance, it was a nuclear bomb detonation. I spoke some words like, "I'm ready for this." or something, immediately followed by the loudest... well, BOOM I have ever heard. I was killed and Immediately awoke from my sleep. When I did I realized that my ears needed to be popped from unexplained pressure. Creepy isn't it?

Later that day and at work I asked around if there had been any detonations or explosions around the base (McGuire AFB, NJ) and to my shock there was none. Shocking because it was perhaps the loudest explosion I had ever heard with the only explosive boom rivaling it when I was in Baghdad and they were destroying ordnance. It really struck me for I have never, not even that day, thought of scenes or talked about atomic bombs going off and it seems as if it would have been the farthest thing from my mind.

Does it mean anything, or is it just one of those strange things your body will react to?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Also I would like to leave this thread open to other dream experiences other then OOBES since that has its own thread already. Dream experiences like reoccurring dreams or others similar to the nature of this topic.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

Does it mean anything, or is it just one of those strange things your body will react to?

I believe it does mean something indeed.

www.mythsdreamssymbols.com...

That site may help you out somewhat.

I would recommend reading up on dreams and possible interpretations. Keep a dream diary, every time you dream, immediately write it down when you wake up. You may be surprised with what you find.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I have had this happen. I had a dream I was in a fight with some gang members and one of them shot a gun right next to my head, thats when I woke up. I could still hear the ringing in my ear and feel the heat from the gun on the side of my face...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Wow, that is way more intense than what I have ever experienced. I am pretty sure that with such events the human dream could in fact be deadly, that is, if its ever been recorded.

Has anyone ever had a dream where they were able to speak a foreign language fluently and also understand it?

I have had such dreams where I could understand what I was saying in the language and I was able to have complete understanding during said dream, but upon waking up had no clue what the hell I was talking about (I was speaking German). I believe I have done this in other dreams but cannot remember.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Very cool! Thank you. I can't wait to read up on it.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Found this website: www.dreammoods.com...

Some simple easy descriptions of what your dreams might mean, hard to get any exact meaning but it helps.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

Yeah it was quite creepy. I have had other weird dreams to. Like one where i stole a police car and drove it through a cub foods with my step dad in the back seat. Another strange one where i was with my dad driving in a mustang convertible on a freeway, he was driving and all of the sudden he disappeared and it was just me in the passenger seat, woke just as i crossed over into on coming traffic.
Its weird though i seem to have a lot of dreams where i am driving or riding in a vehicle

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

new topics

top topics

join