It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandemic-Prep Email to My Daughter in Calgary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I live in Winnipeg in Manitoba, my 19 year-old daughter lives in Calgary in Alberta - and I'm worried. Thought I'd share this email I wrote and sent this morning.

Beautiful woman,

Don't worry about getting here for me - I'm quite okay. ...

Love you. Miss you. Have total faith in you - I know you will figure things out, and keep learning, growing, connecting and being the incredible woman you already are.

...But given your current situation, here are a few bits of info and wisdom you might want to ponder:

1. The personal IS political. [Much of what we experience as individuals can be explained in larger political terms. ...In some ways, true, we create our own realities - but in other ways, we have to take what's shoved down our throats and suck it up.] Think about it.

2. Political events impact -and often define- individual experience. [From wars, unemployment and poverty to pandemics and food shortages that starve the poor and squeeze the middle class. Look beneath the surface and you'll always find political/economic event(s) that created the problems you are forced to deal with every day. ...Look deeper and you'll find out who made a profit from your pain.] ...How we react to and feel about it all is a personal choice, but what is, is.

3. Alberta's economy is in the toilet - the province is Billion$ of $$$ in debt - and the government is cutting health funding to balance the budget. Truly scary given that we're in the middle of a pandemic that could turn deadly within weeks. Means TPTB (The-Powers-That-Be in Alberta) have decided to let poor people die rather than pay the high costs of pandemic health care. And when the sick and starving poor people kick, the government will save even more money on unemployment and welfare programs.

Ie, see:
Alberta deficit at $6.9B
www.cbc.ca...

Alberta's deficit could hit $8B
www.calgaryherald.com...

"Alberta's unemployment rate has more than doubled since 2008 to 7.4 per cent. Hirsch expects it will continue to climb,..."www.cbc.ca...

"...the health board has reined in funding for several health services, including MRI tests."
www.calgaryherald.com...

"Alberta Health Services, under Duckett's leadership, is looking to cut $650 million from its $12-billion budget to reduce a $1.3-billion deficit."
www.calgaryherald.com...

If you decide to stay in Calgary (and I can't honestly say anywhere else will be much better), here are a few tips if the fall pandemic wave is bad:

1. Be prepared to hide out if you're sick, or everyone's infected and you need to avoid exposure:
* Stock up on cheap nutritious food that will keep (dried, like raisins, and canned). [Note: there also will be food shortages when shippers get too sick to work.]
* Have bottles for water in case the water gets cut off - fill the bathtub and everything available immediately if lots of people get sick and/or stop going to work.

2. Start taking immune supports now and assume you won't get medical care if you get sick: stock up now on herbal remedies.
* Start taking Vitamin C and Fish oil now and until it's all over (fish oil capsules if you insist, but straight oil is much cheaper).
* Co-enzyme Q10 (CO Q-10). Get some, but wait until people are getting sick before you start taking it.

3. Do not do anything that compromises your immune system or vascular function (drinking, drugs, more than 2 cups coffee per day, fast food, smoking
)

I love you so much. Be well. Phone lots. Email often.

xoxoxoxoxxxxxxxxoooxoxooxo,
mummum

"Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living."
-Sofi

changed title

[edit on 7-9-2009 by soficrow]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
NOTE: I posted this in the "Survival" forum because I believe the survival of knowledge is at least as important as physical survival - and just maybe, the survival of knowledge is even more important than the survival of any given individual.

...This viewpoint raises a lot of questions, and changes the nature of many...

For example, the question "Why am I here?" asked during a pandemic is more about politics and economics, and less about abstract philosophy...

Food for thought?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: I fully agree that making the memes survive is extremely important and as I'm pretty sure I'm kaput come TEOTWAWKI I have decided to focus solely on the survival of memes that I feel deserve an opportunity to survive and then strive and thrive! I'm thinking simple pictograms engraved onto steel plates and then painted with enamel colour paints and then seal the whole plate in tempered glass and then ring bind the plates into a book! What info/memes would you preserve for the future?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Are there so many reasons to worry???
Why everybody in such a fear???
Where is you "light" people???
The more fear and negativity we feel within ourselves the more FEAR and NEGATIVITY we project to outside world.
Don't forget 100 monkey effect. The energy field around our bodies affects everyone even on the other side of the globe.

I say, be prepared BUT don't go into the FEAR!!!
Project LOVE instead.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I clicked on the thread from the title alone and was so happy to see it be from you Soficrow, really I knew to pay extra attention and I was not let down, you remind me of my own precious Mom who passed in 06, just yesterday to a loving daughter left behind in this maddness of the world we live in today.

I assume you have shared with her all of your wisdom and research right? I know you do not want to frighten her as fear serves no real purpose other than to break down the spirit, but just asking because I know she like all of your fellow members here are proud of you. I say that because in the end we never know who is going to survive into tomorrow and I want her to see your living legacy and the respect you so richly deserve.

I miss my beloved daughter Cyanne who passed 6 weeks after my Mom in 06, yes life has dealt me a crippling blow at the time when my Mom like you kept me on the inside track of being informed and I in turn passed that knowledge and wisdom to my Daughter.

The phone calls are no longer but I still have and from time to time read each and every email they both sent me.

The ptb may be strong in their antiquity, but like a thousand years of darkness it can be dispelled by a single flame of awareness.

Thankyou for your caring heart.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
OmegaLogos - delightful! Thank you.

xxxcosta - Being positive involves first, recognizing reality and then, taking responsible action. It is the act of denying reality that is a negative thing.

As I told my daughter:

...How we react to and feel about it all is a personal choice, but what is, is.

Antar - I am so sorry about your losses. My heart goes out to you. But I am grateful you did have the experiences of those loves, and that you have such memories to sustain you.

...Yes, I have shared a lot of my work with my daughter. Carefully - because it really is hard to gauge what will create fear, and what will empower. But she was an amazing child, and has grown into a wonderful young woman. I am proud of her and yes, she is proud of me too.

Thank you for your support and kindness, and thank you especially for your caring heart.

- sofi

new topics

top topics

join