It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why hasen't they're been a spark yet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm very surprised that one spark that will set the big flame of major civil unrest hasn't happened.

~ The general populations overall disgust and mistrust of the government and big business.

~ The astronomical amount of weapons being purchased all around.

~ The town hall meetings being shouting matches and brawls.

~ More and more are waking up to the truth of 9/11 and I'm sure this years anniversary will be a significant push of the truthers.

~ More and more are losing jobs, or graduating with thousands in debt to find no work.

~ The big picture of the economy is still very very bad.

~ Swine flu mania.

~ The religious extremist with their infatuation of the end times, Obama being the antichrist.

~ Glen Beck and his growing mania and popularity.

I could honestly see a small fire fight happen between maybe a militia or at a town hall meeting, something. Then the gov't does not mess around and orders in troops, curfews, ect. Then that's when the real bloodshed could take place.

What's your take on it?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It's because there is no one leader for the growing unrest.

Web bots say this leader is coming but he wont be here until summer next year.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: Thats because I'm biding my time!

Personal Disclosure: No need to
me just yet! 2012 is ages away!

P.S. Seems to me the webbots got some myopia issues!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'm with the OP on this one. If the dry tinder is there it only takes a spark to set it off and then it just burns on its own.

What would a leader's role be? Would he set the spark? In other words would he or she orchestrate the final big thing that sets everyone else off?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Its a miracle were still spinning to be honest.

It makes me wonder what there is that all nations/factions/leaders have in common, a common enemy?

There must be a reason i'm still breathing, what is everyone so scared of?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The spark could come from another country aother than America, lets say things kicked off in England this would certainly make that spark in America more likely.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It's a matter of too many issues.

There seems to be no ability to focus on a single issue, how does one protest and revolt against all that, what do you stand for, what?

The population suffers from issue burnout.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStar86

It is in my humble opinion, and I have been proven right 2 out of every 547 crisis, that the spark won't ignite because as much as Washington thinks they are in power, they are not.

We are still in control. And as long as we the people, runs things, they will go about very much like they are doing now.

When the government does intervene, people lose jobs, businesses go under, but I would like to think that we will correct the government meddling and that all will go on as it has in the past.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
I'm with the OP on this one. If the dry tinder is there it only takes a spark to set it off and then it just burns on its own.

What would a leader's role be? Would he set the spark? In other words would he or she orchestrate the final big thing that sets everyone else off?

A true and smart leader would prevent the spark at all costs. He/She would openly ID the problems and the causes, no bs here, no political jargon. The role would be someone the people could really trust. Not some groomed schmuck from the high and mighty club.

Next I could see a grass roots movement to get honest public servants elected into office, in all areas of gov't. I would bet on the Libertarian platform for that. If you thought Ron Paul and Obama's campaigns/movements were big, this would make them look like they were running for mayor.

All the positive progression would be a hurricane force of reform and would set this country up for a great century, not just a decade or two of bubbled prosperity.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

I could see that happening. The sooner the better but timing would be everything.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Its a miracle were still spinning to be honest.

It makes me wonder what there is that all nations/factions/leaders have in common, a common enemy?

There must be a reason i'm still breathing, what is everyone so scared of?

I think many are waking from their consumerist binges from the last 2 decades of bubbled prosperity. While the people were sleeping at the wheel they've finally realized what's going on and it's to no benefit to them. They're scared of the systems power, they're influence. I think that's why weapon sales have been off the charts.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecrow001
The spark could come from another country aother than America, lets say things kicked off in England this would certainly make that spark in America more likely.

It could only come like that if that countries gov't would lock down their people. We saw a small glimpse with the Iranians. Then the people would say, look at them, look at what happened to them, that is definitely not happening to us. That's when I believe the people would organize for a real in the streets revolution. Off with their heads style.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Does anyone else feel like they are just holding their breath waiting for this to happen. I can feel it in my bones. This time last year I would have said no way is this possible, but now it just feels like a waiting game.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It's going to be G20 in Pittsburgh, or a town hall meeting. I can assure you, it isn't going to be the people who start it. One of the police will crack and do something stupid, and with all that emotion, it will make eveyone really angry. It will be like that girl in Iran who got shot by the police.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Nope it won't happen for a while yet because the sheep have not suffered enough. I mean seriously how many Obama worshipers are on these forums campaigning for free healthcare that WE have to pay for.... These stupid idiots have not realized that the government is one of the main reasons for all of our problems. Government has worked with big business for years to screw the American people and these Obamafools have not figured it out yet...

I think more people need to loose their jobs and hyperinflation needs to kick in before it happens. Its a shame because these Obamabots have access to the same information but yet they still haven't connected the dots.... Blame Bush I guess.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStar86

you right.

I hope if/when things kick off that it makes my/your country a better place to be.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I feel it in the UK, i feel there would be a chain reaction if anything happend in the UK or USA.

I would say next year or this winter is going to be the key stage.

i might be wrong the next G20 could be it.

just my opinions

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Causes of the French Revolution

Political and Social Inequalities

France still practised feudalism in the 18th century. The nobles and clergy enjoyed special privileges. They did not have to pay taxes. The common people did not have power and freedom in politics. They worked hard and had to pay heavy taxes. The nobles and clergy made up the First and Second Estates in the Estates General. The common people (i.e. the middle class (bourgeoisie), peasants and artisans) made up the Third Estate. The nobles and clergy could outvote the common people easily though the Estates General was always not called by the king, who ruled as an absolute monarch. The common people became discontented with the privileged classes.

Bankruptcy of the Government

Louis XIV had spent too much. His successors did not cut down expenses. Louis XVI also failed to improve the financial situation. He dismissed ministers who tried to introduce financial reforms. By 1789, the government was bankrupt.

Influence of the Enlightenment and the American Revolution

The ideas and writings of Enlightenment thinkers like Montesquieu, Voltaire, and Rousseau became widespread. The French people were inspired to go against their king.

The suucess of the Americans to overthrow British rule encouraged the French to fight for their freedom.

Outbreak of revolution 1789

When Louis XVI finally called the Estates General to solve financial difficulties, the Third Estate did not agree with the unfair system of the Estates General. They formed the National Assembly to make a constitution. People were afraid that the king would suppress the National Assembly. They were also discontented that the king dismissed Necker, the popular Finance Minister. The hungry Parisians, who suffered from bad harvest, burst out their anger by attacking the Bastille prison (for political prisoners). The Fall of Bastille started the French Revolution. It spread out to other parts of France.

Source

Just thougth I would throw this out there for consideration. The events of 220 years ago seem to be recurring to some degree.

My guess:

1) Economic downfall (happening now)
2) Unfair voting system (Next november)
3) Mass starvation (starting in 2010 as the unemployeement funds run out and more people end up homeless)

[edit on 9-7-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

Seriously? Well let's all just sit on our hands and wait for web bot to tell us what to do.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

I try to keep up with what is going on in the UK (my former home) only because I want to move back sometime in the future.

I think we're much more interconnected than we realize.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join