It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC/CBS/ABC/CNN/NBC step up attacks on Obama's critics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Ever since Van Jones resigned, the media has been in full Obama defense mode. On ABC they are spinning their own ignorance of the story by claiming "most Americans never heard of Van Jones", (since they didn't report on it). They then go on to attack Republicans as some how to blame for this.

newsbusters.org...

George Stephanopoulos, seemingly trying to rationalize ABC's spiking of the subject, came aboard Good Morning America to dismiss the matter as “a summer squall.” Stephanopoulos was impressed by how the White House handled it: “The fact they got it out of the way before the end of the Labor Day weekend, before his spokespeople like Robert Gibbs, who's appearing on This Week come on this morning, I think will contain any kind of damage.”

NBC also followed this narrative. Its not Van Jones problem for being a self described extremeist. Its those damn Republicans fault!

MIKE VIQUEIRA: Good morning, Lester. The President does return from Camp David today ending his vacation, but it does end on a sour note. Van Jones, that's the President's “green gobs” czar, has resigned overnight after it became known that before joining the administration he signed a petition put forward by those who believe that the government had a hand in 9/11. He also made comments comparing George W. Bush to a drug addict....

That White House advisor, Van Jones, says he is the victim of a “vicious smear campaign” from the right, but he says he's resigning because he doesn't want to draw attention from the fights to come this fall over health care and energy and climate change legislation.

CBS and the others also towed the line.

newsbusters.org...

Reporter Stephanie Sy stressed how Jones' remarks on various topics “were all made before he joined the Obama administration, but made him an easy target for conservatives.” She acknowledged Jones “in fact did describe himself as an aspiring communist revolutionary in his youth,” but, she highlighted, “he said he is the victim of a 'vicious smear campaign of lies and distortion.'” Sy featured Howard Dean lamenting Jones will no longer be able “to help this country,” before she concluded: “Democrats worry that Van Jones is only the first of Mr. Obama's so-called policy czars...that will be targeted by Republicans.

This isn't accurate either. He made some of these comments AFTER he was appointed, or just before. They claim Jones made the comments about being a communist "as a youth", but he made them as early as this past April. Which is funny, because Beck predicted the MSM would make that claim. Then they again follow along with democrats victimization. When its the MSM that should be "targeting" the czars!

On MSNBC, Keith Olbermann put out a call for "any dirt you can find on Beck". It appears being critical of the president and the people he appoints has become a bad thing, punishable by full frontal attack by Obama's propaganda MSM.

www.dailykos.com...

Send Me Everything You Can Find About Glenn Beck
by Keith Olbermann
Digg this! Share this on Twitter - Send Me Everything You Can Find About Glenn BeckTweet this submit to reddit Share This
Sun Sep 06, 2009 at 10:14:03 AM PDT

I don't know why I've got this phrasing in my head, but: Find everything you can about Glenn Beck, Stu Burguiere, and Roger Ailes.

No, even now, I refuse to go all caps.

Notice how gleeful the comments are. Proving once again that the self appointed champions of truth and freedom of speech, are only interested in upholding those principles when its a means to their ends. Otherwise, its just another thing to shut up. They apparently love racist and enemies of liberty, as long as they're not white and Republican.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
MSNBC/MSM gear up to attack Obama's critics.

Haven't those Obama shills been doing that for the past 18 months anyways?
MSNBC is the Obama channel. It's no longer a news outlet.
It's just propaganda for the Obama reich .... Goebbels style.
They've been trying to nail anyone who disagrees for 18 months.
Gee ... they are so tolerant ... aren't they?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Absolutely they have. I guess I just mean they are stepping it up since Van Jones resigned. Its incidents like this where they show themselves for who they really are, devoted followers of Barack Obama and his polices. No matter what they are.

Can anyone here remember a single time the MSM so desperately defended Bush like this? Hell no! They were the ones lodging the criticisms!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

The MSM is in a panic. "Their" guy is messing up. Instead of reporting the news they are going to go on a smear campaign that will make Dresden look like a sunday picnic.

Want a hate-fest?

Just wait.

Nice thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Watch how these media people freak out over the resignation. They did the best to sit on the story for weeks and now suddenly they're outraged? Its amazing how they dismiss it as "smears from the right" or "from conservatives". Where were these people the last 8 years?

What is this propensity of people in the media and on the left, to so rabidly defend racists, bigots and self described communist revolutionaries? What special rule shields them from the same scrutiny any other hate monger would receive? Is it just about skin color?

I ask anyone to imagine this many questionable, racist, extremist people working for Bush. Replace the phrase "white people" with "black people".

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

That sounds about right. The MSM would rather kill the messenger than to take a close look at what they're supporting. Can't say I'm at all surprised, especially with NBC and MSNBC. They're both 100% in the tank for this administration.

This Van Jones resignation should be a good test of just how gullible their customers are. Those networks and several major newspapers didn't mention a single word about this guy and the controversy surrounding him until his resignation occurred. If the people who subscribe to those have more than two brain cells to rub together, they've got to be asking themselves who this guy is, what just happened, why they hadn't heard a single word about it from their oh-so-credible news source, and they have to wonder that maybe their source isn't so credible afterall.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by vor78]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
On ABC they are spinning their own ignorance of the story by claiming "most Americans never heard of Van Jones"

WHAT?!

It doesnt matter if "most Americans never heard of Van Jones!" What matters is the fact that this man would have been working for our government even if we didnt know about him

I hate MSM.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

How was this guy vetted? Van Jones did not hide under a rock for 40 years then appear, as a consultant to Obama.

These morons are spinning but it won't work. If we can vet the person here on ATS better than the White House, then our country has some serious issues.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Its not just with Van Jones either. The MSM as been spinning their asses off concerning the economy.

www.google.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6992bb2ce4c1.jpg[/atsimg]

Give me a break! The MSM was practically fomenting revolution when Bush had 5% unemployment! Now 9.7% is "not all bad"?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by Wimbly

How was this guy vetted? Van Jones did not hide under a rock for 40 years then appear, as a consultant to Obama.

He was and they got what they wanted..
A Black, Red for green..
Has anyone found anything he has done for the environment since he was put in his illegal position?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Judging by the title on this, you seem a bit paranoid.

Really? Every news channel except for Fox is in on it?

Whatever...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Post after post Hunka, you, like Mr. Jones, have removed yourself from this debate with your own rhetoric.

Dismissed.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Fox just spins things the opposite direction. Though to be fair to them, I think they have been supplanted as the most useless, out of touch, spin driven "news" agency in the world by MSNBC. MSNBC is just terrible.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins

Fox just spins things the opposite direction. Though to be fair to them, I think they have been supplanted as the most useless, out of touch, spin driven "news" agency in the world by MSNBC. MSNBC is just terrible.

I will admit that MSNBC is aspiring to be the anti-Fox as much as possible.

They are on par with eachother, except for the fact that Fox simply Ignores reality and panders to the non-educated.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Actually the msm caters to the uneducated since they are the ones that report only the facts as they prefer them. If a republican appointee said what Jones said they would talk about how racist they were. Not to mention we aren't hearing much about senator Rangell's tax evasion.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Oh, God...

Don't tell me that there are people on here who believe that Fox News tells the truth?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
Oh, God...

Don't tell me that there are people on here who believe that Fox News tells the truth?

People just don't understand it's all a charade...all news channels are controlled by the same NETWORK of people that control the world...

FOX is not right-wing MSNBC/CBS/ABC/CNN/NBC are not Left-wing -- THEY ARE ALL N.W.O!!!!!!

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Judging by the title on this, you seem a bit paranoid.

Really? Every news channel except for Fox is in on it?

Whatever...

Its not like this is some conspiracy theory. Every study out there show the MSM has a left wing bias. Its no secret that the white house and certain people from the MSM have daily morning meetings on talking points. They all tow the talking points, sell Obama policies and attack his critics. How could you not see that?

Please, point out the networks that did that under Bush.

They are on par with eachother, except for the fact that Fox simply Ignores reality and panders to the non-educated.

Sure, they get stuff wrong just like all the other networks and spin things in their own way. however, as it stands now they're the only legitimate check on government we have. Every other network and print publication (for the most part) are in the tank for Obama and democrats.

We're 4 years in to a democrat controlled congress and almost a year in to Obama's administration and the MSM still focuses all their ire on Republicans. Its ridiculous.

People who watch Fox aren't and dumber than those who watch MSNBC, PBS, CNN, ABC, CBS or any other network news. You just think tat, because Keith Olbermann or some other left wing shill generalizes fox as a network for dumb white people. How ironic....

This isn't about Fox though. Its about the dozen left wing fox's that are carrying water like theres no tomorrow. I suppose you think its ok since Fox did it? Fox is one network, the left has the majority of influence.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

...what he hell??..are you serious??

Are you seriously defending FOX NEWS????

--God i hate the right wing nutcrackers...--

..PS-- WAKE UP!!!!!! FOX, ABC, CNN, NBC..THEY ALL WORK FOR THE SAME PEOPLE !!!!! THEY WANT YOU TO HATE EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

Who else is being the least bit critical of the government? Look, I'm a journalist and I admit that Fox can be bias i their reporting. The fact is, the rest of the media is just as biased in favor of the party that controls government.

What, do you want the one opposition voice to be silenced? Some of you guys have a manufactured, inconsistent hatred for Fox. Especially since there is the much larger problem of left wing media.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join