It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a member of the English Defense League

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by freeradical

The learning we do at home plays a big role too. I was very lucky to grow up without fear of questioning religious beliefs, indeed I was given a proverbial open book to fill with my own ideas and conceptions of what makes for a good person.

Indeed I myself was raised this way.

Last night one of my kids who's just started comprehensive school this term was saying how lonely he feels on his own in the school library because he doesn't take RE classes.

This sickens me to the root of my being, that my children have to feel this way because of other peoples delusions of invisible friends in the sky.

Both my children are now segregated from classmates all because of religious beliefs, or rather our lack of beliefs.

The UK is a hotbed of smoldering religious acrimony, being stoked by the ignorant and the manipulative.

The xtians are up in arms running scared because Allah is being allowed to plant his feet firmly in the UK while yahwhejesus is now paying the price for centuries of homophobia and misogyny.

It is long past time when british people should openly declare what they really think, that xtianity, Islam etc is BS and make a concerted effort toward a true secular society.

The result being no further need of forced religious tolerance, because religion would be kept in the home or in the mosques/churches .

The UK can be a great place for escape from the tyranny and inhumanity that goes with religions especially for women.

We simply cannot allow deluded people to increase their grip on our children minds in order to promote their cause. Maybe incidents such as mentioned by the OP will shake us from complacency so we have to think about what is happening, rather than whinge about it or join a gang to be misrepresented by those who know how to manipulate.

There is a simple message that could be given to our children in order to educate them -

"If there is a creator of all that there is and it wants to speak to you. It would surely have the ability to do so without the need of an intermediary, you would have no need to seek it as you could not possibly be out of its' sight. Go live your life without fear, enjoy yourself be happy and grab every opportunity of happiness without guilt or shame be free and don't look back"

To my mind we only need one law in the uk governing our relationships and interactions with others -

" It is an offense to take offense"

[edit on 8-9-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Name me another minority in this country that acts as arrogantly and aggressively as the Muslims

Christianity

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by maya27

Yeah, i remember Kris well. I lived on the street he was taken from. I know people that were witness to his abduction. He lived just round the corner from me. I used to see his mum about a lot. My friends aunt was a key witness in the trial.

I lived in that area for over 5 years and moved there when i was a teenager. You know what? I felt safer walking about in Pollockshields at 11:30pm (used to work till 11pm) than i do walking down the Kelvin Way at 8pm, even now.

So i was a white teenage girl living in the south side of Glasgow, thanks very much.

So just because these bad people did this, you instantly tar all Asians with the same brush? Man, the neds are wrecking this country way more than any Asians are, but i don't see the EDL standing protesting against the chavs do you?

I am very surprised to see that you live in Glasgow and can come out with such a overly simplistic and naive statement.

Yeah, could say the same back. You can't take one example of bad people from an Asian community and believe all Asians are the issue. Bad people are the issue here, and they come from all parts of the community.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
So what in fact do the EDL want to achieve? Because all i can see them doing is creating racial tensions in areas of the country they feel they can stoke it up a bit. how do they intend to tackle militant Islam, by stoking up tensions in Birmingham. Yeah well done EDL

I really cant believe some people actually think they are going to be forced to convert to Islam and follow Sharia law
Taliban sleeper cells in the UK. This is madness people

And to the people calling me out as a Leftie do- gooder, from what I can see from the EDL they look like closet racists.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Change the record mate, if anything Christians are the punching bag of religions and I do not know a militant one that has used backpacks to kill innocent commuters or bystanders. I am a christian and do not spend all day banging on about god or wanting menus and the courts changed at my every whim. To say that christians are worse than muslims is idiotic and just backs up your crusade against a religion that has obviously damaged you personally as slamming it, is what makes up the majority of your posts.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Don’t think that at all, however really fear for a future with a population of 30-40% Muslim. If this is the way it is now do you really think sharia law will not be practised it parts of the country or are you that naive. I think that a better way would be to petition the house of commons and set up a website that could show the concerns of the vast population of the UK that Political correctness has gone too far and that a minority is being allowed to call far too many shots and make far too many changes within our country. Although I couldn’t see any one in Westminster having the balls to discuss this, they are all scared of their shadow never mind brining up a pertinent issue

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Such a great thread, and a quick look through the comments i can see this is getting quite heated which i dont think was the aim. i totally agree with this and would love to be able to do more about it, last year i was given a caution by the police for refusing to take down my st.georges flag outdise my bedroom window. it makes me sick! i didnt see any of the other flags being told to take them down. Britain needs to be made british again! when people are allowed into this country it should be on the understanding that they accept our rules, our way of life, our country! if not, go back home!

MrWebby666

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level

To say that christians are worse than muslims is idiotic and just backs up your crusade against a religion that has obviously damaged you personally as slamming it, is what makes up the majority of your posts.

I'm an atheist but i'm gonna back you up here. I'd rather live in a Christian England than an Islamic England.

Guess that says a lot eh?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
My brother came back from his first day back at school yesterday after the holidays and the first thing he told me was that they have to learn Islam in R.E, this is a Church of England school, he also mentioned some of the muslims not wanting to learn Christianity and it was fine, but i remember being at high school and yes one of my friends was racist (im not proud of it either, one of his relatives died in the underground, and it messed him up a bit) he said to the teacher he doesn't want to learn Islam, and wow the teachers response was amazing, she stood straight up and ordered him out of the room.
And i also remember at primrary school the muslims always took the piss when saying the lords prayer, (we had to do every morning) If you told the teacher you were accussed of "telling tales".
More like they don't want to upset the muslims.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Since 2001, there have been a series of extremely dangerous plots in the UK - and the Operation Overt convictions are a major milestone in these huge trials. The plot is believed by intelligence sources to have been directed by Al-Qaeda.

Why did all these men turn to violence?

The reason can be found in their own words, writings and martyrdom videos; a simple and seething anger over British and American foreign policy, and an overwhelming belief that Muslims were its helpless victims.

Now, following two very difficult trials, these men all face life sentences.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Born and breed it the UK, someone must of teached them hate.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I watched a programme last night on C4 about 9/11.

During this I got talking to a couple of friends and I stated how it had such a major impact on me.
It got me thinking about how evil were these men to willing kill so many innocent men, women and children of all races and creeds just to further their dogmatic faith.
I then realised that it wasn't the actual people who perform such acts that are evil; it is the men behind them who have corrupted and twisted these people so much that they are prepared to kill and maim innocent people to further thier dream of the Islamification of the whole world. (A basic tenet of Islam).

Now it is these Imam's who control the majority of British mosques and are corrupting and manipulating Muslims here in the UK.

They tolerate no criticism of Islam, they use our Freedoms to further their agenda of denying us our Freedom's and they are intent upon imposing Sharia upon us all.
They have no desire to integrate into british society as a whole and intend to turn Britain into a replica of the backwarsdstans they come from.
Until Muslims themselves take action to address this threat then conflict will be inevitable.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Change the record mate, if anything Christians are the punching bag of religions

I'll change the record when you turn the other cheek

and I do not know a militant one that has used backpacks to kill innocent commuters or bystanders.

A killer just happens to be a muslim killing in the name of his god, you may not choose to act in such a manner (and rightly so) but the most powerful killing machine on earth indiscriminately uses depleted uranium to kill the innocents of the Islamic world hing behind god.

So whats the difference between someone killing in the name of Allah and killing in the name of the yahwehjesus god exactly ?

Are you trying to imply that xtians don't do it ? Was it not xtianity that slaughtered tortured thousands of innocent Muslims to begin with ?

Why do you choose to develop amnesia when it comes to the fact that xtianity was founded on the murder ,rape and torture of innocent "bystanders" under the instruction of your yahwehjesus god.

Do you renounce these atrocities as actions of delusional barbarians? Are you implying you would not do the same again if your god told you to ?

Do you think that your god is so much better than their god because you don't currently choose to act upon its orders about killing unbelievers, homosexuals or naughty boys ?

I am a christian and do not spend all day banging on about god or wanting menus and the courts changed at my every whim.

Really ? Then you defend the right of a homosexual couples to marry ?

You would agree that a secular school is no place to conduct the worship of the yahwehjesusgod ?

To say that christians are worse than muslims is idiotic and just backs up your crusade against a religion that has obviously damaged you personally as slamming it, is what makes up the majority of your posts.

I did not imply that xtians are worse than muslims no more than I would imply that the Riddler is worse than the Green Goblin, one delusion is as potentionally dangerous as another, as far as I'm concerned.

Yes I would agree that religion can be damaging, especially to the young,

Yes the bulk of my posts are mainly condemning of religions but with no bias of one particular religion. I'm quite happy to debate a Muslim or a Sikh as much as an xtian, it just so happens that it's mostly xtians that are banging on, on ATS.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I watched it to, 102 mintues that changed America, it actually made an impact on me aswell.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
for all those who want to follow the EDL, you can join in with their demonstrations at Mosques on September 11th. I'm sure this wont inflame a situation.

get down there, don't forget your T shirt with what division your from.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

It got me thinking about how evil were these men to willing kill so many innocent men, women and children of all races and creeds just to further their dogmatic faith.

So you really believe 911 was about religion ?

Take a closer look at 7/7 observe the symmetry

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I think this thread might be in danger of losing its focus. The title of the thread is not "is religion bad", or "is Islam worse than other religions". It concerns the nature of the EDL and whether or not it has a mandate to protest as it does, or whether or not it is an inherently racist organisation.

I repeat the point I made earlier in the thread. One of the earliest EDL organisers was Chris Renton. He is a self-acknowledged BNP activist. The current EDL leadership may shrug off such connections, but by associating themselves with an organisation founded by racists it is hard to argue that they are unassociated with racism.

And the wider point here is, there are many, many people using democratic non-violent means to make the same points about the prevalence of all kinds of extremism in the UK. Their ability to work progressively and sensibly to try to ease the problem is continually undermined by organisations that confuse "having their say" with shouting louder and more aggressively than everyone else. If anyone in the EDL can demonstrate one tiny way in which their actions and protests have any impact on improving the extremism problem in the UK, let them do so. Because all I can see is countless ways in which they make it worse.

LW

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneWeasel

I think EDL aim is to show that its not going to be taken anymore, stop doing what your doing we dont want it here.

it might not improve relations but it is making people aware.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by thecrow001]

[edit on 8-9-2009 by thecrow001]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

The same person who tells me to stop reading the daily mail, comes out with the times.

Lets look at this shall we?

"Anti-Islam demonstrators"
WRONG we are NOT anti islam.
We are protesting against MILITANT ISLAM.

The first sentence is meant to get people geared up against the EDL.
TYPICAL!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by On the level

I'm an atheist but i'm gonna back you up here. I'd rather live in a Christian England than an Islamic England.

Guess that says a lot eh?

Hm, that is a bit concerning when we observe the atrocities they committed when they had positions of influence.

Please remember it wasn't that long ago that a whole bunch of xtians were quite happy to go along with the concept of ownership of another human being.

Perhaps we should focus on relegating religion to the home so we can all feel a little safer.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWebby666

Britain needs to be made british again!

How exactly do we define this ? What is it to be British do we act in a certain way, do we eat or speak in a certain way ?

If you have to take down your St Georges flag do I have to take down my welsh dragon ?

It's either all flags or no flags surely ?

Technically I live in an occupied country so britishness (englishness) whatever it has been forced upon me (my forebears) am I to take insult to your St Georges flag ?

Tell you what mate this is becoming an insane nightmare for everyone, I just can't seem to glimpse how it will all work out.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join