It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a member of the English Defense League

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There shirts aren't just Black they are also blue and white, pays to do some research first before calling people names.

Personally my opinion is si vis pacem, para bellum: If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

The EDL gets my full support, don't head down the road of appeasement like Chamberlain did with Hitler. Sometimes you need to take a stand. Be proud of who you are.

PS I lived in London for a long time also hold Irish and NZ passports.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

That's indeed a very good point, schools should teach 'of' religious beliefs rather than to enforce closed belief systems onto impressionable minds. I say impressionable, I know a lot of my friends who just like me were indoctrinated in the Christian religion at a young age though school only to grow up to be people with objectionable, open minds.

The learning we do at home plays a big role too. I was very lucky to grow up without fear of questioning religious beliefs, indeed I was given a proverbial open book to fill with my own ideas and conceptions of what makes for a good person.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Great thread OP and I am fully with you, things aren’t as bad in Scotland yet but they are getting that way. I personally am not afraid to say I despise the Islamic faith and the majority of its followers. I have met a lot of Muslims and worked closely with them and have never been surprised by their blinkered views and terrible attitudes. It seems to me they were bad enough when they were playing the race card but now it seems to be lets force our barbaric religion down everyone’s throats and slam anyone else’s religion. I agree that you would not be welcomed in any Islamic country if you had anything negative to say about the religion and you would probably find yourself beaten and jailed or worse. People can call me a racist however this is my feeling and the feeling of the majority of the armed forces and 70% of the population of Britain. I cannot wait for things to kick off as have been sick to my back teeth of the destruction of this fine Christian country
I think the tipping point in this country was the protests against the bodies of the soldiers being returned from Afghanistan. If I was there it would have taken more than a couple of police officers to restrain me and I would have done some serious damage to the idiot protestors. At the end of the day if you do not want to integrate with the culture of a country then find another one that fits the bill, it’s time for our own revolution to win back the streets from this cancer that is spreading

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If, as the EDL claim, is only against extreme Islam then i am onboard. Though i cannot help but think that maybe after gaining support, they may turn sour?
I'm all for England. I'm all for British born whether Asian, Irish, Black or Indian in decent. If these people will cure this soil of hate and stop extreme preachers from any faith from spewing up there garbage onto others, you have my vote.

Long live our half German queen!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

So when are you British activists gonna oppose your banks, your constant police state, your surveillance, your ridiculous laws,etc?

"Muslims are taking us over" is one thing.

"Before it's too late" is a joke.

It's too late, your populace caves to every police state intrusion your 'leaders' sign onto.
Seems like you would spend your time more wisely going after them instead of 'muslims'.

Your economy is shrinking(like our), you guys get yourselves into wars right along with us, your cities are watched like some Orwellian wet dream.....

and you're worried about it being 'too late'?

Weird

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Britain has a history of immigration, much more than many other countries. However, until recently we have allowed it for reasons that were beneficial to us. Now we have no control over our borders and many people are fed up of these immigrants working for lower wages than we can live on and getting all the social security benefits and housing that the EU forces us to give them. Many come on their own and send all their cash back in remmittances.

I don't think its unreasonable for a country's citizens to expect immigrants to uphold the values of the country they so desperately want to live in. How is it that US ATSers are allowed to cry out about Mexican immigration and the English can't say jack. How come the Scots, Welsh and Irish are allowed to be proud of their nationality but we are not. If I went to live in India or Mongolia or Bolivia or wherever, I would make it my top priority to learn their language and adapt to their culture.

We have been seen as a soft target ever since the break up of The Empire. But we cannot blame the immigrants and singling out muslims will just engender the type of hate none of us wants. We must blame the leaders, the politicians, the CEOs the Oligarchs. The more immigration a country sees the more militant the population becomes, the more demands are made for the government to protect us from them and the more civil liberties are lost. This agenda is being repeated in the US. If you're a member of ATS and you can't rise above the gutter to see what's really going on, then I despair. I despair in all of you.

edit: oops because i don't know the difference between a language and a country
[edit on 7-9-2009 by sharps]

[edit on 7-9-2009 by sharps]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yes, so many who think that is just wonderful are walking into the cage with a tiger carrying a bowl of milk and saying "Nice kitty kitty kitty".

There is just no comprehension of the terror that will consume your society unless you wake up to the fact those people are intent on your destruction.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

Hopefully the EDL starts with Extreme muslims and then onto Banks & government. One step at a time right?
I wont even compare the English to the americans - We are both in similer situations.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
EDL=another fake right-wing group set up to cause trouble before the election. All that will happen is they'll make the Muslims look good (there's bound to be lots of English skinhead footie hooligan-types giving some Asian kids a kicking) and the white English look like morons. This will then give the police a chance to start giving the whites a beating and before you know it any protest at all will be stopped with tear gas and outright violence.

I find it amusing these guys profess to be protecting Britain yet not a word against the bankers and financial parasites who've brought the nation to its knees. No questions on how come our army is 'protecting' Afghanistan yet hundreds of tons of heroin is making its way from there to the UK. And nowt mentioned about all the thousands of English ex-pats who are out grabbing the big tax-free salaries in Muslim countries like Saudi and the UAE while helping to build up their miltary. Hypocrites, the lot of them...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'm an English person, and yet the current behaviour of my countrymen is a little bit hypocritical. The English tend to like going abroad and either behaving very badly or taking over the culture of the place they go to. Ask any Spanish person about the problems they have with the English. There's even a show on telly soon about how we behave on holiday in Thailand.

Now we're likely to see the EDL unleash a bit of this British underbelly in future protests. I wouldn't mind if they were true English patriots and fighting for their fellow citizens, but it looks rather like they're a bunch of people who read the nonsense in the UK tabloids like the Mail, assume its all true and spend their every waking hour terrified of Muslim hordes.

And while they're like that the overclass laugh all the way to the bank - "Oh we need to bump taxes up to pay for more police", "We need to protect you lot from Muslims, here's an ID card", "Yeah, we need some more moolah to pay for our new war"....

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

It is never too late and I don`t appreciate your tone my friend, as if America is perfect, both countries are on their knees. Regarding the CCTV, I am for it as it has helped to jail a lot of violent offenders and also solve a lot of crime, I do not break the law whereas a lot of people around me do, why should I care about CCTV.

Regarding your point of policies going through, unfortunatley I have given up voting as do not think anything can be done about the majority of breeding sloths in the UK and agree that the PC brigade has won, however baby steps can lead to a national change of heart. Lets look at the western world at the moment, the governments seem to only want to placate the breeding unemployed hoards and useless immigrants that only make bad situations worse. If I was in power I would bring the UK out of the EU and concentrate on re-building the culture and sense of national pride.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by Haydn_17

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

Would you say this one is an adequate representation/depiction of what you are opposed to?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0be3c5b98a8.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

Looks like some of our tea baggers here in the states. I don't like such people from any where or behind any issue that acts so uncivilized and immature. You tea baggers and tenthers, meet your brothers.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I didn't read the thread, but wanted to say this: i totally understand where you are coming from. -they- can keep out of our countries if they feel insulted. It is just ridiculous that we keep bending over backwards when they demand own special privileges. It makes me really mad and is the only reason for racist thoughts in ppl i know. Its nothing to do with race, the exact same eelings would emerge if it was a religion or a birdwatching club that behaved like this. If they could live like the rest of us, they would be welcomed.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by above]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
...jeepers, hayden_17, first it was an anti-black people thread, now this... like i said before, maybe its just karma (wink, wink)...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
all acts of terror in recent times in britain have been commited by british muslims,fact. to spot an extremist from any other muslim is an impossible task.
ordinary people of britain paid 40 mill to convict the recent three of plotting to blow up airlines going to and from america fact.why why why are we still kidding ourselves that the problem lies abroad,fact is it doesnt.we all think of ourselves as more civilised than to take any sort of action other than talk about it sensibly,but in fact the only answer is to tell all british practising muslims to return to islam their father land,as religions of christianity and islam dont mix. hats of to EDL for the stand as something needs to be done,and as for the comment of them being football drinking thugs,if they are well good on them,as thats how ordinary people in britain are.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
there is an old saying when in rome do as the romans. it does not say when in rome do as the huns. when you goto a new country you should try to acclimate to your new culture and maybe share some of your own. not push aside original
culture and injecting yours as the dominant one. shame on the powers that be in england for giving in

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
As i read your post, the true power of the ploy/mechanism "divide and conquer" became palpable to me. The psychopaths pulling the strings from the "apex" of the pyramid are evil beyond measure, but they certainly aren't stupid. Let's call "them" *the cabal* - not an unusual choice in such a context as this. "They" are determined to keep peoples everywhere occupied with internal strife, of this sort, and other varieties of divisive horror, as they move merrily along with their hyper criminal objectives of owning everyone and everything, while murdering whoever they please, for fun and profit. They make a fortune from fomenting wars, and their plan for "population reduction" will somehow turn them a profit, too, i'm sure. So, if your group wishes to act wisely, perhaps it should find some common ground with your "enemy", and, together, root out and *destroy* your common foe -- you know who they are, i don't need to name them, do i? When i was younger, and more idealistic, i though that there might be a peaceful means to end the vampirism and slavery on the planet -- and that those already wealthy and "powerful" beyond all measure would finally have "enough", and start acting like humans. But, i was wrong. Other measures need to be taken against the relatively small minority, and their minions/stooges/puppets. And, the sooner the better.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by drakke1]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Watch out, according to the 9/11 truthers, there are no such thing as terrorists.

but very good and honest thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
i'm really trying to look at both sides here, but I dont think this EDL thing is a good thing at all. i can only see it as devisive. I had a look at some of their youtube clips and it all looks a little scary. i think the best people to root out muslim extremists is the police working with the muslim community.

It is obviously fear driven over sharia law taking over, which is absolute non sense.

there is also a big football influence involved in some of the videos and some of the chanting. "we want our country back, we want our country back".

i making my point now that the EDL are bad news. We shall see.

Devisive? Hmmmm....

From what i can see, it is religion which divides the masses and nowadays it just happens to be Muslim... it's the culture they were bought up with back in their home country's... there are certain rules within Islam which are just crazy! Especially the dress sense... and the coverig up issues!! Why? It's just flesh for gods sake... we are born naked into this World and so to wear shorts or short skirt is nothing to be afraid of or ashamed of....

I also believe that while there are different cultures & languages here in Britain it's hard to deal with sometimes... you know? You are having a nice peaceful walk to the newsagents say and then once in the newsagents you see 2 guys in there chatting in their language (one the shopkeeper and the other a friend or customer) and they chat like that while you are standing there and it's right in your earhole... well, it gets very annoying lets put it that way...

Anyway back on topic and i agree that hate preachers should be slung out and all those who call for beheadings!! Simple...

And yes, the Government do have a lot to answer for for making the Englishman feel like the immigrant in some areas of Britain!!

[edit on 7-9-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappie54

It is interesting that you choose to ignore the fact that EVERY act of violence where there were the "teabaggers" in attendance... was committed by left wing thugs.

So the violence and rage seems to always erupt from the left.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join