It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a member of the English Defense League

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

And vice versa my friend.
But EDL and similar organisations have been denied the right to counter protest against UAF / Muslim extremist marches.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

That is because their intention is to induce panic and fear but overall incite violence which can then be held up as their justification for acting.

If they wish to have a peaceful protest in an appropriate place then that is fine, it is not fine to head to areas where their "targets" may be the predominant group.

They say that they are worried about Sharia law becoming established, presumably in criminal statute although they are never clear. If they believe in British values such as obeying the law, they have to comply whether that law is right or wrong. Frankly, it wouldn't be necessary if it wasn't for people who wish to incite violence as they do. Stated aim or not.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

And they do comply with the law.
The EDL marches had been sanctioned and a pre-determined route agreed with The Police and other relevant authorities.
The UAF and their allies had applied for permission to counter protest but had been refused as it would have been provocative and threatening public safety.
The UAF ignored this and went ahead with their illegal counter protest.
The Police chose to allow the UAF to continue breaking the law and decided to change the route of the legal EDL protest, thus conspiring to break the law themselves!
Then the UAF and their Class War / SWP allies broke through the Police cordon and attacked the EDL.
They are all undeniable facts!
Just who showed a willful disregard by the British law?

Edit to add.

If the UAF had followed the law the EDL march would have proceeded with no incidents and probably very little reporting in MSM.
The UAF have only succeeded in alienating more non Muslims and providing more publicity for EDL.

[edit on 13/9/09 by Freeborn]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
First of all the EDL is also supported by Irish, Scottish, and Welsh groups.

What everyone is ignoring is that this is a problem all over Europe, and all over the planet. This is how Sarkozy got elected in France.

The answer is to vote out these politicians who continue to support people who make speeches about how Islam will take over Britain.

The ole, there is no such thing as a true Brit, we are all immigrants, nonsense is just another cheap excuse to to try and claim that people don't have a right to defend their cultural heritage.

Who are the original Brits, well for thousands or years at least three Y chromosome clans have lived on the islands.

www.tsakanikas.net...

Descendants of Ursula, Tara, and Helena clans.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
DISCLAIMER: All responses by me to phoenix103 are for the benefit of third parties only as he chooses not to engage me.

Originally posted by phoenix103
Countering them is not denying them. Nobody has said they cannot or should not be allowed to express their dangerous and uninformed rhetoric but they do not have a right to do so unchallenged.

Okay, fine. Do we get to challenge dangerous Islamic views to the same extent? Are you personally going to guarantee us the freedom to do that without being threatened with some kind of fatwah?

Originally posted by phoenix103
That is because their intention is to induce panic and fear but overall incite violence which can then be held up as their justification for acting.

Oh it is, is it? Do you have any evidence that this is their intention, or is it an assumption? You have a nasty habit of calling everyone who disagrees with you ignorant, and then consistently misrepresenting and defaming your opponents. The EDL do not intend to induce panic and fear, or to incite violence. In fact, they go to great lengths to NOT do this. There are several debates on the EDL forum about how we can ensure racists don't get involves, about how we can prevent violence from occuring, and how we can get the true message across. Obviously you've bought media propaganda hook, line and sinker.

The ONE thing that I guarantee will stop violence occuring is this: No simultaenous counter-protests! If the EDL have organised a peaceful demo with the police, the UAF and all moderate Muslims need to stay away and let their opponents have their say. They can then come back the next weekend and hold their own pro-multicultural demonstration. But if the EDL are their first (meaning, they booked their 'slot'), then any violence really does become the fault of counter-protesters who know FULL WELL that by turning up they are going to be causing trouble. And if this was done, and the only counter-protesters who turned up were Muslim extremists, then the police SHOULD know full well who to arrest and keep at bay whilst the EDL hold their peaceful demonstration.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

yeah the EDL chose to protest on a Friday in Ramadan outside a Mosque,

Muslims should just stay away from their place of worship in their Holy month so the EDL can sing a few football songs about Allah being a Christian. I cant see this would incite any violence.

It's exactly these kind of protests that are designed to whip up tensions.

The pro Palastine rally for today which has run for 7 years has been relocted to Green Park so the EDL can protesst in Trafalgar square.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Muslims should just stay away from their place of worship in their Holy month so the EDL can sing a few football songs about Allah being a Christian. I cant see this would incite any violence.

Sticks and stones...! If the young Muslims were genuinely non-violent than they'd rise above it wouldn't they. Or is it ok to react to words with violence (that is, if what you say is even true, which I doubt, or is at most extremely marginal)?

The pro Palastine rally for today which has run for 7 years has been relocted to Green Park so the EDL can protesst in Trafalgar square.

Good! See how those Muslims with outside-allegiances like it when their demos are derailed, just as has happened at every single EDL demo so far.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Couldnt have said it better my friend,ignore them and this thread-there not worth your time

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Cythraul
Sticks and stones...! If the young Muslims were genuinely non-violent than they'd rise above it wouldn't they. Or is it ok to react to words with violence (that is, if what you say is even true, which I doubt, or is at most extremely marginal)?

Interesting point.

So - in the interests of balance lets theorize - if a couple of hundred muslims set up a perfectly legal demo outside a church on Christmas Eve, you'd have no argument against it?

After all, it would be legal, and the christians should rise above it, right?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
So - in the interests of balance lets theorize - if a couple of hundred muslims set up a perfectly legal demo outside a church on Christmas Eve, you'd have no argument against it?

Absolutely not! Although, to help your argument out a little here, it's not a fair comparison because I'm not Christian. Now, perhaps Stonehenge, Taeppe's Lowe, Sutton Hoo or something would be closer to home. Still, as long as it were peaceful and non-destructive I'd have no reason to stifle free speech.

***Though, there is the argument that Stonehenge, Taeppe's Lowe, Sutton Hoo are native and familiar to the ancestral line of this country whereas mosques are not. Still, I stand by the freedom of speech.***

The truth should never fear scrutiny - and that's my basis for the freedom of protest, even when it is things I believe in that are being protested. Probably my major gripe with Islam is that it does not permit criticism. This just leads me to conclude that they have something to hide, or their word is not truth.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

SWP is sectarian and hugely anti-Semitic, it's infiltration and coup d'état of UAF forced original supporters to leave. Why? Some saw the UAF becoming partisan and effectively nonchalant and apologetic towards extremists on the far left and religious sects.

UAF is no tutelage for freedom.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I find your example laughable as there have been numerous reported attacks by Muslims on Priests and Ministers so I highly doubt a peaceful protest would become a reality.
I am well aware of the changes to the T&C`s and will not go into my full feelings on this matter I will however add that the Islamic culture does not mix well with other religions and its followers seem intent on forcing their ways upon domestic cultures. At the same time the government is letting political correctness blind them and allowing the destruction of our culture happen and as a result groups like the EDL and the BNP are springing up and could lead to widespread disorder on our streets.
I do not condone the majority of the actions of the BNP or the possible actions of the EDL however I feel that the rise in fascism is being fuelled by a very weak government that seems hell bent on bending over backwards to make sure any race or creed apart from Working British people are taken care of and given all the support and benefits they can wish for.

Call me right wing however this is the opinion of the majority of the well educated and highly place member of the armed forces, insurance industry and banking industry that I work closely with. The country is in a spiral and there is no point just singling out Muslims, they are a major part of the problem but the likes of the Romanians that flood our country to beg just makes my blood boil. We need a strong government that will limit immigration and stop useless people from entering the country altogether while reinforcing the values that made the UK great.

The way things are going myself and a lot of people are asking themselves why should we stay here and pay thousands of pounds in taxes to shore up a system that favours the worthless takers rather than the providers. Rant over and currently looking for a job in Japan

P.s My previous posts have been very heated and I hope that I do not come across as a knuckle dragging racist however coming from Glasgow, a city that has endured an massive influx of immigrants who are at best wastes of oxygen It is the one topic where I do not agree that handling it with kit gloves and sitting on the fence will get us anywhere.

[edit on 17/9/09 by On the level]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrallel

Seriously!
You must be very young or very Ignorant and cannot see that the British way of life is slowly being destroyed!

[edit on 13/9/09 by parrallel]

Out of genuine interest, could you please give me three sentences on what the 'british way of life' is and how it's being destroyed?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CRB86
Out of genuine interest, could you please give me three sentences on what the 'british way of life' is and how it's being destroyed?

Well for a start mate, you could back one measley page and read this post where I gave examples of British culture. As for how it's being destroyed - if you can't see it then I'm not sure you ever will. To get you started: exceptions to animal welfare laws for minorities, whole swathes of cities made decidedly 'foreign' (ethnically, architecturally, linguistically, religiously, traditionally), no funding for St George's Day whilst the celebrations of other groups are given whatever they want, greenbelt land being built on, Christian cemetaries being dug up to make room for mosques, school-children forced to worship in the Islamic way to 'better their understanding'... and on and on.

[edit on 18/9/2009 by Cythraul]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This is in Dearborn Michigan, USA and I believe sums up what's happening - it's not about peoples right to religion, it's about peoples right to live in peace with their own beliefs, which is NOT their agenda.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
A bit of self promotion of my latest podcast which is relevent to this topic of this thread.

English Nationalist - A Racist? Think Again!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

The simple word "culture" is losing its individual identity altogether. A word that was once meant to depict a single civilisations views is now a word that encompasses those of many civilisations.

If you are not "cultured" then you are an "ignorant, racist bigot."

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

Indeed George. The culture of your own ancestors is apparently not enough anymore. In fact, it's usually seen as inadequate and inferior to the culture of other people's ancestors.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

If you go to their site you can now purchase one of their very own Black shirts. Whatever next... Jackboots.

www.englishdefenceleague.org...

this makes me feel very uncomfortable. maybe i'm just being too PC and dont really understand the issues fully, but the setting up and joining of such things as an EDL doesn't sit well at all.

With all due respect, looking at your location (and assuming that it's not ironic) I wonder whether you don't really understand some of the issues fully, or perhaps you do, but you're not confronted with them on a daily or even regular basis.

I live in an area that's seen 'race riots' and often fairly large scale incidents that have gone unreported by even local press (my area has a reputation for 'media manipulation') and there are 'no go' areas for white/non-Muslim people, even if politicians say such things don't exist.

All that said, I'm not sure what the OP's issue is with "leftie do-gooders".

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
All that said, I'm not sure what the OP's issue is with "leftie do-gooders".

Probably that many of the active ones among them have a penchant for uncontrollable lying and deception. Or that they are the real instigators of violence whilst the media pins all blame on the EDL. Or that they have aligned themselves with Islamo-Fascists whilst opposing a group of non-fascist patriots.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join