It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a member of the English Defense League

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by rogue21

Exactly... would be a slap in the face for all the media bandwagoners when they find out a 'supposed right wing group' is using a generally peaceful religious abode as a place to debate.

Fair play to them i say...

I wouldn't worry, it won't happen. A group create on fascist grounds will always be evident.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by Haydn_17

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

Would you say this one is an adequate representation/depiction of what you are opposed to?

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

This instantly reminded me of how the MainStream Media manipulate the putty minds into supporting the war(s) in the middle east. For example -

news.bbc.co.uk...

Some people really need to wake up.

"All the world's a stage" - William Shakespeare

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Oh the MSM. Its always their fault isn't it?

Yet you people are all buying into the TABLOID SCARE STORIES!

If you don't see the irony in that then i suggest you look up the definition.

And what exactly are you lot doing by presenting images such as this one?

What a bunch of uninformed hypocrites.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenix103

In no way do I buy into their scare stories. I am very aware they make up some story about bombing planes with household chemicals and then show some pictures of random middle easterns.

"look at these three, they want to kill and maim in the name of allah. Oooh, and one of them was going to take his baby with him. These people are evil and you should hate them....."

Please. It is an insult to my intelligence.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by RemusUK] - for atrocious spelling

[edit on 13-9-2009 by RemusUK]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Oh, and I was quoting a guy from the first page. Try and keep up with the thread.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RemusUK

Yep im with you on that one matey

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103
Please do not tell us how to run our affairs when you do not understand our country, its history, people or culture.

He understands more about Britishness than you ever will... original Britishness, not your modern, state-dictated, 'liberal' interpretation.

Yet you people are all buying into the TABLOID SCARE STORIES!
[...]
What a bunch of uninformed hypocrites.

Yet again, the disgust with militant Islam is based on first-hand experiences, some of which I listed on page 11. To say that this is all based on tabloid scare stories just goes to prove how uninformed YOU are.

But anyway, as I understand, you have a policy of not debating with me so I won't hold my breath for a response.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Its all people need to do is go and spend a day walking around some parts of Leeds,Bradford,Birmingham,London,Cardiff,Glasgow etc etc etc....
Then come back to ATS and tell us we are wrong about Islamification etc and why not tell the EDL they are wrong while youre there!

Go hug a tree or something

EDL
Keep up the good work

[edit on 13/9/09 by parrallel]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrallel
Its all people need to do is go and spend a day walking around some parts of Leeds,Bradford,Birmingham,London,Cardiff,Glasgow etc etc etc....
Then come back to ATS and tell us we are wrong about Islamification etc and why not tell the EDL they are wrong while youre there!

Go hug a tree or something

EDL

TRUE!

We all need to unite and stand up for our country, peacefully! If we don't, the UK is going to change big time.

Tsom87

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

Yes i agree but then we get called racists and extremists!
We damned if do and damned if we dont

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

reply to post by TSOM87

Yes i agree but then we get called racists and extremists!
We damned if do and damned if we dont

If it quacks like a duck, its usually a duck.

None of you have (to my knowledge) told us what this British identity you're trying to protect is.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Seriously!
You must be very young or very Ignorant and cannot see that the British way of life is slowly being destroyed!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

None of you have (to my knowledge) told us what this British identity you're trying to protect is.

You've got some nerve mate. I've detailed, in comprehensive terms, what British identity is in at least one other thread that you've been involved in. If you've chosen not to read that, then you're the ignorant and uninformed. Chances are you overlooked it though, simply because I wrote it.

Here:

Originally posted by Cythraul
Culture is language, law, values, spirituality, art, tradition.

British culture is the original languages of Britain, Christianity and the pre-Christian faiths, country pubs, respect for women, respect for animals, a general allowance of individual freedom and common decency in the great British tradition. British culture is the huge variety of rural institutions, such as Morris Dancing and the peculiar village-specific festivals. It is Christmas and halloween and Easter. It is the connection of blood and land. It is Sunday lunches and 'a man's home is his castle'. It is certain types of architecture, certain types of art and music. It is folklore. It is history and a knowledge of it. It is tea and cake, manners and cleanliness. I could go on and on... but most of all, British culture is the secure knowledge that the British people's wishes remain of utmost significance.

That much of this (particularly in cosmpolitan urban areas) has been usurped by a materialistic, modern interpretation of culture is due in large part to the deliberate dismantling of British tradition. Research 'Frankfurt school subversion' or check out the thread in my signature about Cultural Marxism.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Seriously!
You must be very young or very Ignorant and cannot see that the British way of life is slowly being destroyed!

The "British way of life" is about allowing freedom of thought and speech and welcoming people from different backgrounds.

Unless you wish to prove differently with specifics rather than banal rhetoric?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

The very freedom of speech you wish to deny the EDL, English and British Nationalists and anyone who disagrees with you?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I live in Huddersfield and have worked in Bradford for the past 8 years.

The only time I see problems is when people provoke it, or they are drunk and do something stupid, or when they go looking for it

Plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Or dare to go into one the 'No go areas'?

Nef, I don't believe for one minute that you believe it is all so one sided and that ALL trouble is the result of non-Muslims provoking it and that Muslims are so law abiding and virtuous.

Nef, you are much better than that!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

Or dare to go into one the 'No go areas'?

Nef, I don't believe for one minute that you believe it is all so one sided and that ALL trouble is the result of non-Muslims provoking it and that Muslims are so law abiding and virtuous.

Nef, you are much better than that!

Free - I've never come across a "no go area" as such - except for once on an estate in Warrington when my work crew was told to move by a shotgun weilding white guy, because we disturbed his drug dealing. And yes, I heeded his warning.

Mind you, I grew up and have worked around Liverpool and Manchester and Stoke, and spend considerable time in places like Toxteth, Hulme and Cobridge. Maybe I'm just not as easily threatened/bothered as some people?

And no - I don't belive that all trouble is caused by non-muslims. I believe there are idiots on both sides.

My point is that the trouble flares when people look for it and provoke it. Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

The very freedom of speech you wish to deny the EDL, English and British Nationalists and anyone who disagrees with you?

Countering them is not denying them. Nobody has said they cannot or should not be allowed to express their dangerous and uninformed rhetoric but they do not have a right to do so unchallenged.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Not much phases me either having 'been around the block' a couple of times, but a shotgun wielding drug dealer would certainly have me on me uppers as well, lol.

I have personally seen a 'No go area' in Oldham a couple of years ago, don't know where abouts, I was driving around trying to find a guy who was supposed to be selling me a Lambretta, all came to nothing.

I have heard of several, mainly in the NW and Yorkshire and there have been a few reports filtered through to MSM.

That people provoke the trouble is undoubted, and by both sides, the point is that MSM tries to portray everything as Right Wing provoked or justifies the actions of Muslims etc by branding any protest displaying British and English national pride as racist and it most definately is not.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join