It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a member of the English Defense League

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
LOL warriors! heard it all now

You may have heard it all, but you still refuse to listen.

As it happens Nef, I did miss those events. All I'm trying to say is that stereotyping is the root of racism and prejudice, which is why the EDL don't lump all Muslims in with the extremists.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I would think that moderate Muslims would support Brits trying to rid the country of Muslim extremists. Isn't that why these Muslims left their own countries and migrated to Europe?

Moderate Muslims should be joining these groups who push to oust radical Islamists.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Oh you did blame all the problems of the world on working class white with your little temper tantrum on Neds, of which you supplied a picture of some white guys drinking. It is blatant racism.

That's true. But my life and the life of those around me has been affected greatly by neds and continues to be affected on a daily basis. I don't know anyone as of yet, thankfully, that's been hurt, scarred or killed by Muslim extremists. I do know people that have been hurt, scarred or killed by neds. I read my local paper and it's another stabbing, another robbing, another innocent man getting his head stamped on, a girl getting slashed by a man for no reason. The problem is we are spending more time fearing what one group of society might do, and completely missing what another part is doing.

WHAT, you think you can pretend that you didn't post this stuff.

Your bias is completely obvious.

Sorry, but the crime statistics show you to be completely wrong.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Ah yes, hooligans From the old school understanding that it is not racism if it is a slander against whites.

Any media outlet that played up racism like this against non-whites would be disgraced by the public outrage, yet you supposed multi-culturalists take up this racist slam an put it on your shoulders and march with it.

Yeah, it is a big deal.

Getting stabbed is very bad, but getting blown up is worse. Intentionally blowing up a school full of children is beyond bad, it is evil.

You people want to keep apologizing for Muslim extremism have some amazing levels of denial. You have people in your own country talking about how Muslims will enslave the British people, and yet you go on pretending this isn't a problem.

Who do you think Churchill would have supported?

Here is the home page of UK Casual, they don't seem like British hoodlums to me, they seem like people with common sense smart enough to recognize a problem when they see one.

casualsunited.webs.com...

We are an alliance of NORMAL BRITISH PEOPLE of various different colours/races who have come together in order to create a massive, but peaceful protest group to force our Government to get their act in gear.

Casuals United now has over 50 active branches, each doing their own thing, but ready to unite when needed.

Violent extremists are on our streets, preaching hatred of the west, trying to incite young people to blow themselves up and commit acts of terror against us, and our Government and police are either turning a blind eye, and/or actively helping them in their aims.

They wish to impose Sharia law upon us by stealth, and are already operating 85 of these courts in Britain behind closed doors.

We are not against Muslim people per se, we are against those Jihadists in their community who wish to promote or raise money for terror, abuse our troops and attempt to impose medieval and barbaric laws upon our country.

Several of our members have already been arrested in a disgusting display by the British police, led by the corrupt and unnaccountable Crown Prosecution Service, who

are happy to persecute those who protest, rather than deal with the extremists and their Human Rights brigade of lawyers.

We will exercise our right to peaceful protest however we see fit, and are growing all the time. Soon we will be big enough to influence our MP's and they will be unable to ignore us.

UNITED WE STAND

Yeah, there are other problems that need to be dealt with, like liberals who think racism against white males is acceptable. They are every bit as bad as the idiots who support people like GW and Darth Cheney.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
After all that's said and done on this thread, we still don't know why the Government have allowed these segregated cities to develope... why they have allowed terrorists to harbour here.... and why they have allowed Mullahs to preach their hate for the West here????

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Ah, yes, so some white males attack other white males, so that makes all white males hooligans?

Or only white males who are proud of who they are?

It is called racial stereotyping, and by doing this you are being a racist.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by poet1b

Nice try at bad psychology.

What it makes them is idiots who prefer violence.

And when you have idiots who prefer violence, mixed in with racial/religious tensions, you have a problem.

Indeed, thats what the EDL is supposedly set up to oppose, is it not?

If you can't see the double standard there....

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Nice attempt at rationalizing your clearly expressed racism, but they aren't expressing a preference for violence, you are choosing to read into their intentions what you want to believe.

I see the double standard, and it is people like you who are trying to enforce a double standard, by insisting on stereotyping whites who stand up for their heritage as all being a bunch of hooligans.

Brits do have a right to be proud of who they are and their heritage.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
You people want to keep apologizing for Muslim extremism have some amazing levels of denial. You have people in your own country talking about how Muslims will enslave the British people, and yet you go on pretending this isn't a problem.

Oh I'm sorry - I must have missed the part when I apologised for extremists. Could you show me where I've ever said that please Poet?

Use the search function, look at the whole of ATS.

When you can't find it, maybe you could come back and apologise for your assumption.

No one is "pretending there isn't a problem". There most certainly is. However the problem is with the minority not with the majority.

Yeah, there are other problems that need to be dealt with, like liberals who think racism against white males is acceptable. They are every bit as bad as the idiots who support people like GW and Darth Cheney.

Finally we agree on something. Racism is crap. Its crap from both sides though.

Now, please, link to me where a British school has been blown up by extremists. I must have missed that one.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I see the double standard, and it is people like you who are trying to enforce a double standard, by insisting on stereotyping whites who stand up for their heritage as all being a bunch of hooligans.

Oh dear. In case you missed the memo we're talking about a group of football hooligans associated with the EDL.

I didn't stereotype anyone. These people are proud of what they do, and thoroughly enjoy it. They stereotype themselves.

Maybe you have no concept of what football hooliganism is. Maybe you should read the links I provided - it might give you an idea.

Here - try this, because this is what I'm talking about

Brits do have a right to be proud of who they are and their heritage.

We do.

I am.

Kicking the crap out of someone because of their skin colour isn't being proud of who I am, or my heritage. Its being a thug.

These hooligans attached to the EDL, they're only in it for the violence.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

hmm, since when did you become "you people"? Kind of like a person referring to themselves as "we".

When people start claiming that terrorism is not a problem, then they are apologizing for terrorism.

I saw the memo that called the group UK casual a bunch of hooligans, and it is racist.

Yeah, sure there are people who call themselves hooligans, and are proud of it, they like to get rowdy and have fun, nothing wrong with that, when the term gets used in a derogatory manner, then it is wrong, then is racism.

Ever hear of the rap group NWA? Do you know what those letters stand for. Are they proud to call themselves that, yeah, they are and good for them.

However, if any publication were to use the same term in NWA in the manner the rag you posted a link to used the word Hooligan, all the other media outlets would pile on them in outrage, yet they can call people who want to bind together to oppose Muslim extremism in their own country hooligans, and you support this?

You really can't see the double standard in this?

I posted a link to the UK Casuals web site, and a quote from their home page. Exactly what is wrong with what they are stating?

I get it, all football fans are hoodlums who like to beat up innocent people. Is that what you are trying to say?

Edit to add, here is a link to their site once again.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by poet1b]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

However, if any publication were to use the same term in NWA in the manner the rag you posted a link to used the word Hooligan, all the other media outlets would pile on them in outrage

You mean The Times?

You think The Times is a "rag"?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Yeah, it is a rag when it uses racists terms to describe people.

That is the big problem, big media outlets like this think that it is alright to uses racist terms when referring to whites, while forbidden when it comes to other groups.

These types of double standards need to be stopped,

It is racism, and any supposed respectable news outlet should be held to a standard that is fair to all, and shouldn't be allowed to treat one group different from another, because it is stirring up a lot of resentment.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Poet1b, i think you are misunderstanding some of the points here, it's not your fault, you've got a different frame of cultural reference.

Why are the group called 'Casuals United'?
Do you know what a 'casual' is?

It doesn't just mean someone who's not very thorough, i can tell you that.

It is entirely fair to call Casuals United hooligans, because by very definition, casuals ARE hooligans. That is EXACTLY what they are.

Casuals United are basically a bunch of Stoke City, Bristol City and Luton Town hooligans. Obviously there will be others, but casuals associated with these clubs make up the majority of Casuals United.

Hooligan is not a word that refers solely to whites, either. That is a misconception on your part.

My team, Birmingham City FC, have a famous casual firm called the Zulu Army.

Why are they called this? Well have a look;

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yeah, it is a rag when it uses racists terms to describe people.

That is the big problem, big media outlets like this think that it is alright to uses racist terms when referring to whites, while forbidden when it comes to other groups.

I don't know where you get the idea from that it refers only to white people.

As has been mentioned above, Football Hooliganism is a world wide issue. Did you not read the Wiki link I posted?

At this point, I have to conclude you are being deliberately obtuse.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
From the casual united site they say this

(Its clear from pics of our supporters on lefty websites that scum photographers are attending our marches, with the express intention of taking photos they hope will incriminate or badly portray our members, and hopefully catch right wingers who have tagged along on some to make us look racist. For this reason, anyone taking photos or filming our members, unless we have invited them, SHOULD BE TREATED AS A HOSTILE.)

Sweet,for gods sake any of these muppets walk down your street dont for fk sake take a photo(unless you and your mates out number them)

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CRB86

hmm, ok, so why did they have to use the word hooligans if casual already means hooligan?

It doesn't matter, the paper meant it in a derogatory manner to dismiss the group as a bunch of criminals who should not be paid attention to, and they shouldn't be able to do that any more than they shouldn't be able to refer to others in a derogatory manner.

The double standard needs to be eliminated.

Are you going to tell me they all beat up random strangers regularly, and terrorize the streets?

Or perhaps this is something a small percentage engage in?

Yeah, I knew that they were not all white, but it doesn't change the fact that they get treated like a white racist group.

Form the web site.

Even though they can see we have a lot of black members, brainwashed muppets from various left wing groups continue to pester us, and incite Muslim youth to attack us.

Its clear from pics of our supporters on lefty websites that scum photographers are attending our marches, with the express intention of taking photos they hope will incriminate or badly portray our members, and hopefully catch right wingers who have tagged along on some to make us look racist. For this reason, anyone taking photos or filming our members, unless we have invited them, SHOULD BE TREATED AS A HOSTILE.

It appears they are a bit mad about the way that they are portrayed in the media.

Personally, I think they have every right to be mad about the situation.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

No, you are the one being obtuse.

Yeah, I read the articles, and it sounds like most of the time it is one group going after another. both groups voluntarily engaging each other in violence. Doesn't sound like anyone is trying to kill anyone, no drive by shootings or anything like that.

Guess what, this is what some men do. Yeah, we all know about this in the states, even if we don't know that a casual is another word for a hooligan. They are like biker clubs here in the states. While some groups are criminals, most are respectable family men with jobs who pay their taxes. They go to parties that occasionally get rowdy, and sometimes fights break out, but most of the time it is between two voluntary participants who have a right to fight if they want to. The neighborhoods where they live are also safe, and people feel secure walking the streets. Unlike some other neighborhoods where you are likely to be jumped if you walk the streets alone, or harassed by the police in the well to do neighborhoods, where nobody ever seems to be out walking.

Yes, bystanders occasionally get hurt because someone gets out of hand, and it is not acceptable withing these communities. For the main part they are moral people. All groups have their fair share of jerks, or wankers, if I got the slang right.

You know exactly what I am talking about when I say the double standard the press uses needs to stop. These people have a right to their own lifestyles as well.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Sounds like these casuals don't put up with wankers.

They probably tend to get a bit physical when some wanker starts acting like a wanker.

So wankers don't like to see them coming down the street.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Dont use our lingo mate,it makes you look like a right billy hunt

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join