It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO on holiday

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by depthoffield

would say you distorted the one you posted..

the original..

i see one landing or accending from the ground directly below the three pink objects..

[edit on 10-9-2009 by paradiselost333]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
i don't know how the hell you got that information,
none of my family go to dawlish in october

it was not my nokia n95 but it was a n95 i uploaded the photo from and to my pc.
it was took with a e63 due to the fact my grandad sent it me from his phone to mine.

Where the hell did you get october lmao.
we only go in augast :S

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Yeah right, you need to look up what EXIF data is before you try your next rubbish hoax/story.

en.wikipedia.org...

Moving the photo around between devices doesn't change data about the how, when and where the original image was taken.

And please explain to us why the trees were losing there leaves in mid August.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Now there are 4 pink puffs.
The three looks like a three bulb ceiling light fixture.
Then one lower down.

Well if you think ships can be there and only show up as clouds
then a UFO ship might have been caught in the photo.

Of course you may not have seen the clouds.
The ships seem to play tricks with light rays.

If you can find the right story about William Reich and the
cloud over his house you will see these strange things are real.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mtaftm

Hello,

Okay. I have no vested interest in this thread at all.

I am a skeptic and I often look at images and videos posted here.

Let me clear up for anyone looking at this thread the details of this image and what is and what is not possible in terms of the image and any camera or mobile phone that may or may not have been used.

There is a very useful application called Exif that many people use to look at the original details of an image... The image itself contains certain basic information and this can be extracted with a program such as Exif. (see below for details).

Furthermore I have 7 years experience in the Mobile Industry (specifically Mobile Applications) and consequently I find it incredibly easy to understand issues of differences between individual devices.

Let me start by saying that the image is definitely taken using a Nokia N95 Camera. Unless a professional has been employed to make changes to the file itself there is no doubt at all.

Here you go:

Basic Image Information
Camera: Nokia N95 8GB
Lens: 5.6 mm
Exposure: Auto exposure, 1/250 sec, f/2.8, ISO 100
Flash: Auto, Did not fire
Date: October 12, 2008 3:13:46PM (timezone not specified)
(10 months, 29 days, 2 hours, 35 minutes, 29 seconds ago, assuming an image timezone of US Pacific)
File: 768 × 1,024 JPEG
609,115 bytes (0.58 megabytes) Image compression: 74%
16% crop of the 2,592 × 1,944 (5.0 megapixel) original
Color Encoding:
WARNING: Color space tagged as sRGB, without an embedded color profile. Windows and Mac web browsers will treat the colors randomly.
Images for the web are most widly viewable when in the sRGB color space and with an embedded color profile. See my Introduction to Digital-Image Color Spaces for more information.
Url: http:/ / i781.photobucket.com/ albums/ yy95/ mtaftm/ ufo.jpg

A couple of things that may not be obvious from the above:

A Nokia N95 is a beautiful (and expensive!) device and one of very few mobile phones with a 5 megapixel camera.
The maximum resolution of a 5 megapixel camera is: 2,600 x 1,900

A Nokia E63 is a nice device,more of a multi-purpose device and has a 2 megapixel camera (quite nice and not uncommon today).
The maximum resolution of a 2 megapixel camera is: 1600 x 1200)

This image has a resolution of 2,592 × 1,944 as clearly indicated above.
Everything in the image describes this as being taken with a Nokia E63

Just looking at the image resolution alone clearly indicates that it is impossible that this image was ever taken with an E63

Sources:

All about EXIF

DigiCamHelp - megapixels

Nokia E63 Specifications

Nokia N95 Specifications

----------

Emailing, saving and re-saving, editing the image will not change the EXIF data.

Normally I do not go to such lengths when looking at an image but when a poster insists something like the type of camera used, it is prudent to check the details.

----------

As for the bright "objects" forming a triangular pattern on the image, these could be literally anything. And others here are discussing this.

It would be very interesting if the person taking the actual picture witnessed these objects.

[EDIT for further clarification]
As for the date, the EXIF program tells us that this was taken on October 12, 2008. One would expect this date to be completely accurate because mobile phones typically set themselves to the correct date/time. However it is possible that a user had an incorrect date set when taking the image.

---------

It is most definitely the end of Summer... I watch and wait for interesting posts on this forum... Still waiting... I si

[edit on 10-9-2009 by askbaby]

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
reply to post by Charismagic

how can 3 patch's of light look like a solid object ?

Or more to the point how can 3 patch's of light look like something thats never been seen?

[edit on 7-9-2009 by VitalOverdose]

You are a programmer, arent you? Assuming(!) you have adequate mathematical skills, why dont you map the vertical points of reference from the pic in this post (distances, relative and true, angles) and compare it with all the known pics snapped of the so called aurora???

You will be surprised at what you find mate.

The chances of a 'reflection' snapped in an offshot to match what I just posted above, are so astronomically huge, that it boggles the mind. (errr...for this you will have to use probability)

Instead of trying to fit an observation/picture/ into the closed box of our experience, learning would consist of trying to widen the perspective of our own experience and not trying to 'fit' everything that we see or hear into the box.

Please, for the sake of your own enlightenment, read up on visual stealth, electromagnetic optical shields and the technological advances in the military domain. By reading your post, I can see you are in for a paradigm shift in your uinderstanding.

I said it looks LIKE the Aurora, basis angles, relative and true distance (as much as can be judged) and comparing it with known pics of unknown unidentified UFOs.

Maybe you would care to do some research before posting facetiously?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
wow you guys are burning him hard haah take it easy

well since then are no other pictures from the camera ( as the OP says, was not his camera) there is no way to prove or disprove the "dirty window/lens"theory

as for the reflection it is possible, but, that is taking an assumtion that there is a Light source from which a reflection of this kind could be formed, and another asumtion that there has to be a window in front.
Maybe since the OP lives near the area, he could visit the spot and post his own findings.

Well try to keep an open mind, closed mind cant receive new information.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ahhh man i am getting burned up here lmao.

Firstly the nokia n95 was my grandad's before mine so possibly he could of taken the photo and sent it to his new phone, then sent it back to the nokia N95 when we seen the image when he uploaded if via the E63.
but i though the image was taken by the e63 but now from the deep diggers it was from the phone he had before which is now mine.

Secondly my grandad or my family never ever has been to dawlish in october!!!.
My grandad is down there now.
He went there again last year in september done.

thirdly no, its not from inside.... no no no!
trust me the only way you will get that image is from the outside in the smoking area in the pub.
lol why would you take an image inside of the pub when you can go outside and get a better shot, trust me it's the outside the pub windows dnt face that direction

to be honest i think it's a odd distortion, but maybe a ufo or the simple what people use ... chinese laterns

i don't know guys all i was aking is your opinion

it could be anything like i said

[edit on 14-9-2009 by mtaftm]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by johnmhinds

what you on with :S
you don't know when we go holiday, and i know for a fact never in october,
i just explained it was possibly from the n95 which is now mine, which was once my grandads.

why would i hoax this lmao, i was asking for opinions.
oh my days jonathon

top topics

<< 1   >>

join