It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Froot Loops, For Your Health

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
That's right. For only $100,000, Froot Loops, and any other greedy company, can buy the Smart Choice seal of approval, indicating that the product on which it's stamped is a healthy food choice.

“The checkmark means the food item is a ‘better for you’ product, as opposed to having an x on it saying ‘Don’t eat this,’ ” Dr. Kennedy said. “Consumers are smart enough to deduce that if it doesn’t have the checkmark, by implication it’s not a ‘better for you’ product. They want to have a choice. They don’t want to be told ‘You must do this.’ ”

Dr. Kennedy, who is not paid for her work on the program, defended the products endorsed by the program, including sweet cereals. She said Froot Loops was better than other things parents could choose for their children.

“You’re rushing around, you’re trying to think about healthy eating for your kids and you have a choice between a doughnut and a cereal,” Dr. Kennedy said, evoking a hypothetical parent in the supermarket. “So Froot Loops is a better choice.”

Froot Loops qualifies for the label because it meets standards set by the Smart Choices Program for fiber and Vitamins A and C, and because it does not exceed limits on fat, sodium and sugar. It contains the maximum amount of sugar allowed under the program for cereals, 12 grams per serving, which in the case of Froot Loops is 41 percent of the product, measured by weight. That is more sugar than in many popular brands of cookies.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Any other scams that you've seen?

-Dev

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Damn, at this very moment I am eating a bowl of froot loops, how is that for syncronisisty? Doesnt suprise me that these food companies can buy a nutritous label!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
It's a trick so we can all have diabetes and have a short lifespan.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This is f'ing ridiculous. It boggles my god damn mind.

and the rationality behind this is " well your kids could be eating worse"

thats like saying coc aine isnt that bad for you because you could be smoking crack.

The average consumer doesnt have a bright pink clue covered in graffiti about what is healthy for them or their kids. most people probably dont even know what amino acids are, or the difference between sat. or poly fats. Its sad, as people get stupider they get fatter as well.

With their eyes closed and their mouth's open standing in line at the end of the machinery that is corporate america.

Their cholesteral level is only surpassed by their ignorance, and I cant even feel sorry for them anymore, ..... like watching cow's graze in a pasture calmly awaiting their fate.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

I poor the milk in the bag and tip it upside down, a little messy but whateve.

ha not really, but yeah we can expect this with any product thats mainstream.

new topics

top topics

join