It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Canada, women now outnumber men in the workforce

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
cnews.canoe.ca...

My, won't this create some new domestic dynamics.

I wonder whether the original feminazis in the 1970's envisioned this one?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Seems like the only problem is that they aren't getting paid enough

Poor gals.

Kind a wish the days of stay at home moms were still around, but with all the dads losing their jobs, the kids can have a father figure around! Unless he get's depressed and just starts drinking all the time
let's hope for the former!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This kind of makes me LOL....

First things in my mind were the bra-tossing commercials and such. But then I thought about it- don't men outnumber women in a lot of societies? Well this must mean that men are going to need some sort of affirmative action policy in order to have equal representation in the workplace, right?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Women are greater in the part time work areas.

Men are greater in the full time.

More men have been laid off, because they work full time.

More women are taking more parttime jobs, and perhaps stringing them together.

Feminism put the option of working on the table. While Here people are trying to make this that women are TAKING something from men. This is not the case.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Feminism put the option of working on the table.

They made them beg to be taxed even more. Reverse psychology was used on them.

They held marches, burned their bras and yelled - now they get to pay just as much in taxes as men.

Yeah! Equality!

And now all the kids are stupider than ever - but in a sense, they are becoming more equal (as they race towards the bottom).

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
lol its really funny, im 16, a male, in canada, and i quit my job the day i saw that in my local newspaper. quite funny.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Feminism put the option of working on the table.

They made them beg to be taxed even more. Reverse psychology was used on them.

They held marches, burned their bras and yelled - now they get to pay just as much in taxes as men.

Yeah! Equality!

And now all the kids are stupider than ever - but in a sense, they are becoming more equal (as they race towards the bottom).

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

Yeah. It is much worse than being in the situation of having to depend on men who aren't responsible, and being held responsible one's self for the feeding and upkeep while not being allowed to earn any money. Oh, and all money that is made is not yours, and one is considered to be a useless sack of sex and child rearing. Where you aren't entitled to leave the house, because you never even have a dollar in your pocket unless some body with a penis gave it to you - reluctantly.

That's MUCH better. Can't imagine why anyone wanted out of that deal.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yeah. It is much worse than being in the situation of having to depend on men who aren't responsible, and being held responsible one's self for the feeding and upkeep while not being allowed to earn any money. Oh, and all money that is made is not yours, and one is considered to be a useless sack of sex and child rearing. Where you aren't entitled to leave the house, because you never even have a dollar in your pocket unless some body with a penis gave it to you - reluctantly.

That's MUCH better. Can't imagine why anyone wanted out of that deal.

I know what you mean here Aeons. Now these women working part time can pay unemployment for the men not working and be responsible thusly. Medical care too..in increasing amounts.

Victimization is a great thing is it not.

When they finally pass health care here in the states it is going to put huge block of women in the work force for government programs and thus skewing the figures on who and who is not working as our econmoy fails. Women in government programs will make up a huge block of labor as the private sector struggles. They will also be large blocks voters for more government largess.
I am sure the women Victims cannot wait to support the male Victims in their unemployment. Also everyone knows all males drink and beat their wives and children constantly...while being irresponsible. Women are always responsible instead of optional. We all know this yes??
It will be good to see the women in these economically affluent nations pick up the slack and provide for the other sex..instead of more largess/options from the government.
This way the men can in equality ...explore their options as well. Isn't life great??
I dont have any use for Queen Bees..male or female. I also expect alot more from the women I see than sex and child rearing. Problem is finding a woman who knows more than sex and child rearing.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 8-9-2009 by orangetom1999]

new topics

top topics

join