It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is this weird object

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
i created an account just so i could post this

while stumbling around the internet 2 days ago, i came across this odd image. i have enlarged the unusual object and slightly sharpened it.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Most likely space junk floating around in Earth's orbit or entering the atmosphere*. hard to conclusively prove anything with this photo because of poor quality. But that would be my guess.

If anybody has any analysis software it may come in handy. Probably would just be overkill, there are thousands of objects orbiting earth. Most of it man-made but other objects as well such meteorites entering the atmosphere on a constant basis.

* If you look closely, looks like there is a tail of [possible] debris that is burning up as space junk is re-entering the Earth's atmosphere. Notice the angle and direction the debris appear to be traveling.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
One heck of a view is what that is,,,wow, how nice it must be too see our world from up there.
Back to topic , could be Mir....or did that crash? hmmm

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

Yeah, MIR came crashing back to Earth March 2001

source

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pandaweb

I think it looks like a satellite, but it does appear a little too close to the atmosphere for that. Of course, it could be on the other side of the earth and is just visible through the atmosphere, but in that case, I would think that just a satellite would be too small to be seen from that far away.

It's hard to say... there's so much useless junk just floating around up there.

Nice catch though! Who knows, it could be something really interesting! Maybe someone will come along with some butt kickin photo analyzing software and figure it out.
There are probably space stations up there we don't even know about.

I should also mention that it's a very nice pic... So pretty and space just seems so clear, without an atmosphere to muck it all up.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1cace8ef564.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ead8aab27b2.jpg[/atsimg]

Make your own conclusions, however this is most likely the culprit.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Reflection on a dual-layered glass in my very humble opinion: when was the photo taken may i ask ?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tmayhew01
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1cace8ef564.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ead8aab27b2.jpg[/atsimg]

Make your own conclusions, however this is most likely the culprit.

By jove, I think you found it! it's probably one of those 10,000 trackable objects bigger than a golf ball!

And those are only the trackable objects. There are WAY MORE that are too small to be tracked.

Then again it could be an optical effect as Internos suggested. It has a rather odd and possibly even pixellated shape.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pandaweb

It looks like a game-piece from Tetris. Russians involved? Kidding..but, seriously, anything's possible.

It looks like space-junk to me.

plucky

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
as much as it pains me.. I have to agree.. it doesnt look like anything inhuman... it looks like a really large piece of space sh**

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Reflection on a dual-layered glass in my very humble opinion: when was the photo taken may i ask ?

I'll go with Internos, so this is a reflection, especially because there are 2 "objects" there. I don't think it necessary to be a dual-layered glass, but 2 reflections from the 2 sides of the one sheet of glass, with some paralax involved. Anyway, i go with reflection.

[edit on 7/9/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

Nice image , Kinda makes you proud to be Human dont it

top topics

join