It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacteria in my Eye?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Every once in a while I will see these little things swimming in front of my view that look like bacteria. They are never out in the distance, they are always on the surface of my eye. I actually enjoy watching them when I see them. They seem to be organic. Can you see bacteria on your eyes? Has anyone else had this experience?

It's kind of like this

but more detailed like this

Tell me what all you know, and if you can help me with this.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
See-throu shapes that seem to float around? They are called floaters and are dead cells. Perfectly normal.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by above

That is exactly right. I have those too. Most people get them eventually. It is just dead cells floating around in the fluid in your eyes. Perfectly normal and perfectly harmless.

EDIT: correcting spelling errors.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
One should also note that there are more bacteria within you and on you than there are cels in the human body. The presence of bacteria is quite normal although "floaters" are generally harmless dead cells. If you are concerned, consult with your Dr, but unless they are increasing, you have nothing to worry about.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ive had those most of my life..I can see them really good if i look at a lot of white snow on the ground...or up at the sky..I know..they seem to dance..lol

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
There sneaky though. always moving when u try to look at them!
you shoukd be fine. but take good care of your eyes, i ended up with a tiny ulcer on mine, now i follow directions on the contacts box!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sounds like an episode of " Monsters inside me ", Nonetheless, useful information and will definitely be on the LOOK out for this.

ok, my poor attempt at humor.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Yep, sounds like floaters. I've had them for about 8 years. They say they are totally harmless but I didn't have them until my BP went sky high while I was preg. with my daughter. They are tricky little things though. Sometimes I think I'm seeing a bug flying around and try to swat at it then realize that its just the floaters. Sometimes it looks like something running across the floor. I'll see it then they will just disappear. I would get it checked out if you seem to be getting larger ones or alot of them. You can never be to safe with your eyes!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If this is something that has recently started happening I would recommend getting a good eye checkup. Personally I've had floaters for about 20 years or so, and my eyesight is still very good for my age and family history.

About 6 years ago my wife started noticing floaters, and then she started to very minimally get a blank/black area in her peripheral vision ever so slightly in one eye. This was over a period of maybe 3 weeks.
She had a thorough exam and they found she had an almost completely detached retina. She had surgery to repair the one eye and also had some maintenance surgery on the other eye as it was heading down the same road.
She had to be knocked out but was in and out the same day (about 14 hours in the hospital, 2 of that was actual surgery). Luckily we had an excellent eye surgeon that had more certificates and awards on his wall than anyone I've ever seen. Everything turned out fine. Total cost was about $4000.00, they let us do a down payment of $750 to get her into surgery (no insurance here).

That's the only reason I mention a checkup.
Apparently detached retina has more occurrence in people with a family history of it, diabetes and being overweight versus the average Joe.

But again, I myself have had floaters since my late teens, and I today do not require glasses and I can read and drive without any glasses or anything.
Only wanted to share my story as when the retina fully detaches, it is bad news.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It's just one every once in a while it's not a regular thing. I find them slightly entertaining. Thank you everyone who found out about them, I know what they are now.

top topics

join