It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iconography: The Power & Danger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hey, I was surfing on youtube and found this cool video:

This video contains:

Barack Obama ran an unprecedented Presidential campaign - utilizing the power of design to help secure the seat of the President of the United States of America. However, his iconic emblem, the ever present "O", holds more power than even Obama knows. Bill Whittle points out the dangers of branding an ideology with an icon and how, perhaps, the powerful symbol will be used against the very man it built up.
Icon

The entire video is NOT about Obama, it is about Iconography. Iconography is:

1 : pictorial material relating to or illustrating a subject
2 : the traditional or conventional images or symbols associated with a subject and especially a religious or legendary subject
3 : the imagery or symbolism of a work of art, an artist, or a body of art
Merriem Web

This vdieo talks about the Power and Danger of such tactics and exposes what we may not be able to see. It allows us to open our eyes to besic tricks used by various parties.

Hopefully, this video opens more eyes

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Interesting post, Myth. That man's analysis of the subliminal power of logos, really strikes a chord. It's a pity, that only a few will see what is described in this video. He has uncovered an outrage, by commenting on the layout of the President's official website.

The official seal of the President of the United States has vanished, and only Barack Obama's official logo is seen. I also liked how he picked apart the Obama logo proceeding American icons like the eagle and the crest of the United States. I gathered from this analysis, a subtle disruption or transitioning of American tradition through the use of icons, laden with messianic overtures. I think the commentator went a little soft on his conclusions of the Obama machine and tyrants of the last century. Of course they killed some 100 million people which no word can describe, but the tyrants of the past used subtlety to put a stranglehold on their respective countries while relying on the people's naivety to perform their mission. Very good post!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Thank you Jake! I thought it was something that was fascinating and usually when I find something fascinating others don't..lol.. I am glad you liked it and I am glad it revealed some important things to you. Hopefully, others find this useful as you have my friend

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Thanks for the informative post. It reminds me of a book entitled Coercion I once read.We have to always be on the look out for the simple things. From a simple sign to the type of music being played. A million things can trigger a response we never imagined we could have.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Thank you for the kind words, I am glad you enjoyed it. It really makes you wonder why we have yet to see this before and ALL of it is in plaining sight...

top topics

join