It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to be home for a while

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

My doctor has me on kapidex, aciphex, and bentyl right now. I'm due for more tests the begining of next week. Will keep your diet in mind though. Right now, I'm drinking LOTS of cran-apple juice (love that stuff) and a bland diet.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Just caught this Mike, Sending my best thoughts and prayers that all goes well.

Stay strong and be positive, (and keep momma busy
)

Looking forward to some good news in the near future

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

You seem to have a lot of faith in Medicine. I'm not so faithful. Perhaps "faithless" is a better descriptor. When do you get more results?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
A couple years ago, while out of state on vacation, my husband came down with what we thought was food poisoning. Horrible pain, etc. Just when I was ready to force him into the truck at marshmallow roaster point and find an emergency room, the symptoms started to go away.

After checking online, he started to suspect gall bladder. He gave up all dairy and his beloved hamburgers, but since than he has only had one mild attack, then nothing for over a year. He has no regrets about the diet change, as he weighed surgery side affects with diet. Apparently his mother had her gall bladder removed, so he suspects he might have inherited the way his body handles fats.

Hope it all turns out well for you, Mike.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Thanks for the good thoughts. Had a CCK Hida test done today.
Results tomorrow.

They are focused on something as innocuous as a gall bladder.

Hope this ends well.

Getting tired of a "bland" diet.

[edit on 15-9-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Thanks, hope your husband is doing better as well.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Meeting with the doc in the morning. Should know what to do by noon tomorrow.

My faith is in my wife, my family and friends.

Hope for medicine. My doc is pretty sharp.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Opt for no meds if possible. Doctors are people and people are fallible. If the problem seems to be in the gall bladder, please do give my suggestion a try before you allow surgery. Please? Just give Nature a little bit of that trust you have for Medicine - just for a week.

Naturally, it's your call. It's your life and your circumstances.

When my daughter was 6 years old, she was diagnosed with pyelonephritis - basically a kidney infection. She had them rather regularly, about five times per year for the next two years. The doctors said that she also had cystitis - basically a bladder infection caused by E. coli. She lived on low doses of antibiotics and antispasmodics so that she wouldn't wet her pants at school every day.

One day the doctor, at a regular check-up, said that he feels that her bladder needs to have the E. coli colonies cut away because the infection was continuous and would start to destroy the tissue before long. I went away from that meeting with such mixed emotions. I would never allow them to hurt her permanently. I had trusted them as far as was possible.

I was meant to call to schedule surgery for her. I never did. Instead, I put her on concentrated cranberry powder and gave her blueberry juice, unsweetened, for two weeks while she got off the antibiotics and then bumped up the cranberry/blueberry doses until the poor kid could hardly breathe. lol Six months later she was completely E. coli free and hasn't had a relapse. I went to the doctor with her then to confirm things and they wanted to know what I did. I abandoned their methods completely and told them so. I told them how detrimental those methods were to a child and to anyone really. I then told them about the berry treatment. The doctor scolded me like I was a naughty child, telling me how I endangered her life. Maybe. But she's now almost 19 and healthy as a horse.

There were other things that I had to do battle with the medical community with over her, should you desire further confirmation of the validity of alternatives to surgical solutions.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Well, all the tests are back and the results are in.

I have a ventral hernia. Not new, no big deal. But the hernia tried to repair itself. As a result, scar tissue has wrapped around the gall bladder, pancreas, and common bile duct.

Not nice. But not cancer either. Looks like some major surgery comingmy way. I meet with the surgeon in two weeks and can go back to work (limited) next week if drugs start to help abit.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yikes! The pain! Well, you will be feeling better again when all is taken care of. That's the best thought to have to get you through it all. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Is it possible to have it done laparoscopically? Or did you mean by "not new" that you've had this surgery before? Still, I feel for you. At least this isn't a fatal problem, painful though it may be. Congrats on your continued survival. =)

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Many thanks. I do appreciate that.

Mike

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Thanks. I'm kinda happy to be living a wee bit longer.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to get a "zipper".

-joy-

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
You are going to be sore for a few days after the surgery. Keep a pillow to hug when you have to cough. It does help.

I am thankful it isn't something that can't be fixed.

You're going to be just fine.

God is good.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Thanks dizzie, I appreciate your kind thoughts.

Hope you are doing well,

Mike

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
First, the good news. It's not a hernia or scar tissue.

Now the bad, it's a tumor, a growth or pancreatic cancer. So said the surgeon today.

MRI/CT Scan tomorrow.

-joy-

I'm getting drunk.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
I'm getting drunk.

I would, too. Man, that news sucks. Explore all options to help you get better. Take care and hang in there, both of you.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Thanks. had the CT scan today.

Will know on friday.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Read your good news on your other thread. Whew, at least it's a treatable condition. Explore all options, do what is best for you. Feel your best.

My question now to you is...when can you get your butt to Alaska? I think that's awesome that you get a chance to live a dream. That alone can be good for one's health.

I had a chance years ago to move to Haines, but, as it turned out, my decision not to move there was the best choice for me. It turns out I am currently living my heart's dream, so I'm glad I didn't wait until it was too late. When death knocks on my door, I want to say, "Ok, I'm ready!", not, "Can you wait just a minute?" lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join