It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Come on ATS, what happened?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

First of all, I would like to post a small disclaimer regarding this thread. The following is MY personal opinion based upon recent posts and threads here on ATS. I understand if you do not agree with me, as we are all entitled to our own personal beliefs.

Your BELIEFS are the results of six months of membership.

Mine are the result of A year of membership.
Seven yrs of lurking.

I disagree with you ...so I'm childish ?
Yet you started a thread in BTS asking for help with an avatar.
I answered you .

You have 58 thread starts in 6 months and your questioning quality at ATS ?
How many threads are there at ATS ?

[edit on 9-9-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmayhew01
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

Glad you feel this way, now go join the rest of the children... and please continue to post meaningless points.

You mean like this one being if you knew so well about ATS/BTS/MATS and ATS news ....you would of posted this ?
Can anybody help with this...?
.....So instead of the TRASH... It went to the MEMBERS ART FORUM

The point of my thread, if you took anytime at all to do your research and read it before you jumped to conclusions... you would understand I am asking members to put more thought and effort into their posts.

And if search for the words ...Be the change you would like to see.....
You would know this thread is redundant.
That my statement was valid.

Again these are my feelings, and thank you for strengthening my point!
Refer to this link for further clarification, I have already typed my point several times! For all the LAZY members who won't take the time to read through the thread visit these links: www.abovetopsecret.com... and www.abovetopsecret.com...

All those Lazy Members you speak of......
Go check out their profiles ?
Read some of their post ?

[edit on 10-9-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Haha must have hit your hot button... I have read their post, I have done my research... Again, if you disagree.. feel free to go somewhere else. yes this is my opinion that I am trying to convey to other members here as to increase the quality of content on the forums. I do appreciate you putting some actual thought into your post this time as well.

Now regarding my membership... I can understand your perspective based on this account. I have however been a long time lurker (as you call it), much more than your so called seven years. Didn't really start posting until recently as you can tell from my profile. whatever you want to base your argument off of that is fine... If you continue to have problems, pm me... as this thread is not battlegrounds for our personal dispositions... But again a way to convey a simple and seemingly understandable message to SOME users...

[edit on 10-9-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

First of all, I would like to post a small disclaimer regarding this thread. The following is MY personal opinion based upon recent posts and threads here on ATS. I understand if you do not agree with me, as we are all entitled to our own personal beliefs.

However, I am awe struck in the absence of intelligence on these forums lately. Is it me, or is everybody throwing logic and reasoning out the window? I don't want to state any specific examples of this.... But seriously ATS, what is up with everybody jumping to conclusions??? Remember the time when people would intelligently approach topics and questions in a RATIONAL and scientifically based manner. Instead of jumping to rash conclusions based on their own personal emotions at the time.

I am a long time fan of these forums and I read/use them on a regular basis. But reading some of the comments and threads recently has seriously gotten me to question the collective intelligence, or should I say common sense, of the members here. I understand this is a conspiracy theory based website, but how much more powerful would these forums be if members applied logic, reasoning, and evidence supporting their posts?

I'm sick of people jumping to conclusions that our government has a giant scheme to kill all of us, or a small flash of light is obviously and alien craft, etc, etc, and so on...

Put some time, thought and effort into your posts!!!

[edit on 6-9-2009 by tmayhew01]

i guess 1 thing you can do is to strengthen and develop your patience as "someone who thinks things through"

perhaps try to accept the possibility that you were involved here in a special part of time that was unique but has now passed, and you may not see it again.

you should question the collective intelligence here imo

my question to you is "why didn't you see this coming?"

[edit on 10-9-2009 by overide]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Haha must have hit your hot button... I have read their post, I have done my research... Again, if you disagree.. feel free to go somewhere else. yes this is my opinion that I am trying to convey to other members here as to increase the quality of content on the forums. I do appreciate you putting some actual thought into your post this time as well.

First of all, I have grow weary of people such as yourself trying to convey as if there has been some huge degradation in quality at ATS. If you have done your research then you would realize that the threads,your producing are substandard of the one's that preceded you. There is no research.
All you do is find some cute little story and make a thread,post a snippet from it. Then wander off with out supporting your thread.

Here is an example of "your" type of thread.
Aerospace Giant Building a Gravity Tractor to Deflect Killer Asteroids

Can you say ADD ? someone ask you a question ? Did you tell them that you HAVE NO CLUE !!!!

Now...here is an example of the so called crappy threads you keep noticing.
The Kecksburg UFO Crash: December 9th, 1965
Well that sucks now don't it !!!!!!! Mind if I print off and keep it ?

Here's your response in the thread. wow sublime.

Originally posted by tmayhew01 Great post jkrog, S+F!!! This is one of the most interesting and well documented threads I have read in a while here on ATS. Kudos to you! Definitely got my attention, and I will add any relevant information that I am able to find on the web that is relevant to this thread. One of the things that comes to mind is the Bob Lazar story. Now I don't know your standpoint on this, but I do know several people on ATS have mixed opinions about Lazar's story. It would be interesting to see if there is any correlation between the supposed craft that were housed at S-4 that he described and the Kecksburg object.

First of all you speak of how your going relentlessly scan the web with your super time travel skills to add to this thread and all you really do is make a far reaching correlation to a totally different subject ?
Wheres the information you where searching for ?
What should you do ? Beg the OP to adopt you of course !!!

That why I think this thread is crap and nothing more than posturing,ego inflation and an attempt to pull the old "rally around me garbage" that your spewing in here by someone that has NO CLUE about ATS.
Because up to this point in your extensive research you were lucky to fill a page with way to go posts and S&F for you posts.

I would like the first mod to see my post I just made to have this thread moved to an area where there is no stars. Why ? Its crap.

Now regarding my membership... I can understand your perspective based on this account. I have however been a long time lurker (as you call it), much more than your so called seven years. Didn't really start posting until recently as you can tell from my profile. whatever you want to base your argument off of that is fine... If you continue to have problems, pm me... as this thread is not battlegrounds for our personal dispositions... But again a way to convey a simple and seemingly understandable message to SOME users...

YES and one of the users is "you" stop posting this ATS sucks now crap and make a decent thread.

BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE !!!

As for the people that HAVE been in here a while ...stop flinging over inflated ego's in here and Make A Thread.
but it's so much easier to come here and pretend TUP

How many basement dwellers,that have never signed A lease in there life, does it take to whine about the quality of threads ? YOU?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

you sound upset about this mate.

are you sensitive to ats criticism in general or just ats criticism you think is unfounded.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by overide]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
so in your seven years of lurking
you have become so bitter at all the crap you read here you feel it necessary to finally register after half a decade of being too scared to come out of your own basement just to tell people they are the problem and they need to stop whining. and i dont care if you signed a lease. lots of morons signed leases but i guess you wouldn't know that seeing as you have spent the last 7 years in the basement.

i would think after 7 years of lurking you would have meatier threads than you do..apprentice.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by overide
so in your seven years of lurking
you have become so bitter at all the crap you read here you feel it necessary to finally register after half a decade of being too scared to come out of your own basement just to tell people they are the problem and they need to stop whining. and i dont care if you signed a lease. lots of morons signed leases but i guess you wouldn't know that seeing as you have spent the last 7 years in the basement.

i would think after 7 years of lurking you would have meatier threads than you do..apprentice.

No I'm not bitter,but what I'm hoping someone such as yourself comes to the realization that some day the exceptional threads you provide will be because you found it is better to learn how to build a good thread and maintain it, instead of participating in a thread that isn't really inspiring anyone.

As for the apprentice thing don't even look to see how many stars,flags,and points that you or I have. Find the topics that you like and try to excel in them.

AS for my threads,they suck.
But I don't make allot of them.
Here's a link to the freshman forum,go hang out in there instead
Freshman forum

...Terms and Conditions...

...IMPORTANT: ATS Rules, Guidelines, Etiquette, and more...

...Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Enjoy your time at ATS

The Utopian penguin

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

the exceptional threads you provide will be because you found it is better to learn how to build a good thread and maintain it, instead of participating in a thread that isn't really inspiring anyone.

rubbish.

this thread inspired both you and i to reply. positive or negative.

my primary interest isnt providing ats with exceptional threads or even to inspire its audience, im a horrid writer and it will never happen.

my primary interest is to get to the bottom of things and not to get caught up in my own bs or someone elses while im doing it.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tmayhew01

I am sure many would blame Mercury retrograde...

(Not me, don't worry.)

The real problem, I think, is that very few people (considering the huge membership) seem to actually READ the others' posts before replying - let alone give them some THOUGHT (which might change their minds).

That is a serious problem, and it needs to be addressed.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by overide

the exceptional threads you provide will be because you found it is better to learn how to build a good thread and maintain it, instead of participating in a thread that isn't really inspiring anyone.

rubbish.
this thread inspired both you and i to reply. positive or negative.
my primary interest isnt providing ats with exceptional threads or even to inspire its audience, im a horrid writer and it will never happen.
my primary interest is to get to the bottom of things and not to get caught up in my own bs or someone elses while im doing it.

This thread will lead to nothing more than light entertainment for me and to help the few that enjoy in such places as ATS/BTS?MATS?ATS news and to non structured debate.

To bring enjoyment to the ones that know me.
The Unofficial Leader of the non-existent NEW PENGUIN ORDER YAY.

Then.....

The question is... the bottom of what things ?

and when you eventually make you first thread...
Put one or three of these ?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
reply to post by tmayhew01

Well, I cannot speak for anyone else other than myself, at least about my activities here.

You have my permission to speak for me in this thread

I have felt for the last four years that the level of intelligent posting has sunk and the IQ levels of the entire website has gone down drastically, but like you mentioned I'm not mentioning anything specifically here, nor in private in a U2U.

I know !

It seemed almost as if someone ha chased off a lot of intelligent people for a while.

I wouldn't say chased off,more frustrated them into leaving.
But they may return

I even stopped coming to ATS for six months (about a year or more ago) because of the sheer doldrums I was seeing.

Sorry to hear that.

U.N.S.C. and 2012 : Political Ideologies, Nations United, and Views on Terrorism : Conflict Earth

I'm reading it
thank you ... another masterpiece
But it takes forever for me to read it because every time I follow a link,I spend another hour reading that. oh well ....

But, as you can see I came back in force ready to kick butt and take no prisoners.

YAY

Long live freedom in the stand against tyranny and the search for knowledge.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/35a9105bad2f.jpg[/atsimg]

Carry on

[edit on 7-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

I was wondering what was wrong with my recent thread... I posted facts...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Tup, I'm rolling on the floor over here laughing.

Yes, unfortunately, I left ATS because the IQ level sunk.

Chased away, left in frustration, left for over venues, it's all the same.

I always try to post quality threads.

Oh yeah, careful about letting me speak for you, Tup, I might just get you banned.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join