It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any assistance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Gemma and I are off to vegas in april 2010 and going to make a trip out to Area 51.

Can anyone give us any tips?

Thanks in advance

Greg

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
dont get shot trespassing

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

Cheers for the prompt resonse lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg

Seriously though..............

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregandgemma

Make sure to bring night goggles if you plan on going at night.

Also:

1. Emergency road gear (flares, spare tire etc)

2. Blankets and other materials as it gets cold at night there.

3. Plenty of food and water (make sure the cooler has an ice pack).

4. Use a four wheel or all wheel drive if possible.

5. Wear good hiking boots and clothes.

Good luck, and heed the warnings that are posted. Remember, they will be watching you also!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gregandgemma
Gemma and I are off to vegas in april 2010 and going to make a trip out to Area 51.

Can anyone give us any tips?

Thanks in advance

Greg

Have fun and take lots of pictures

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregandgemma

I was stationed at Nellis. There are regular tours you can take to the Area 51 sites. Groom Lake and such.

Their fun, so I've heard.

But then we had to shoot them. . . .

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well, first you will drive down a dirt road and end at signs that say NO TRESSPASSING. Oh by all means get a good look at 2 or 3 signs and marvel about their magical powers. The security guard on the hill top close by you is from planet snoopy poop and knows everything about the mysteries of the universe. If you decide to hike up Tikaboo peak and have rather decent telescopes and video cameras, you may see the U.S. air force testing the replacement to the B2 or F1-17 perhaps. Area 51 in my opinion is a joke and a waste of time. If I were the government I would come down so F'n hard on people like Bob Lazar and John Lear, not because they have some kind of inside scoop, which John Lear being the bigheaded rich I think my sh@t don't stink I know it all type person that he is, but because this is a secret air force installation where the U.S. military needs to test top secret new aircraft and propulsion systems. My advice is, you will get there and see nothing but a couple of signs and joe blow in a truck on a hill. You will look back I promise you and say, '' that was the biggest waste of time in my life''. You may justify it by thinking, oh well I was at the Area 51 gate and I have bragging rights. Trust me, secret bases like the AFFTC DET 3 base and others love to have people sit there and think to themselves, '' whats worse knowing or not knowing ''. It's a godda@n drug to these people, and they love making you think they have portals to planet nibiru, time travel machines and doing secret bio engineering research on Mr, Grey. When, LOL all they have out there is new advanced stealth aircraft built by Boeing HAHAHA. You have to know my approach to understand where I'm coming from, it's a psychologist's absolute playground and I mean no insult. GOOD LUCK TO YA'LL!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hi!

You should watch the UFO Hunters episode "Area 51 Revealed", you will know a lot of things about it and will maybe see more than what you will see yourself during your trip. What is going on here ? We don't know. The more interesting thing that we should do is to track the Janet plane and to question one of the employee that will leave the plane at the vegas airport.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Do not watch UFO Hunters "Area 51 Revealed" (Worst Area 51 show ever!). You would be better off watching "Inside Area 51" even though it is about a decade out of date (Also, ignore the stupid rumors about the base closing and moving to Utah).

Just stay outside the boundary and you will be fine. Expect to see security guards in trucks, and possibly a helicopter. They usually don't bother you on Tikaboo but the last time I went up there, we got an air show (Seriously, it's the only way to describe it) from an MH-60G helicopter and an F-16. Bring binoculars.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Well don't plan on getting to close without getting in any significant trouble from the military. They say the base is inactive, however recent google earth images suggest differently.

If I were going I would do a quick search of the area to see what mountains and geographical features you can use in your aid to seeing the base. Unless you have high powered optics you really aren't going to have much success seeing anything. My best recommendation would be to try and get some 'high-zoom' camera shots from Tikaboo Peak

Possibly try going during the night, as this may be the best time to see any test flights that the military may be conducting. But if you are going with a serious intent, to document a UFO or secret black project... I would strongly recommend purchasing an ultra high quality camera that can take close up night vision pictures. Again, you may or may not be able to get some evidence to amass for our community to analyze. Would love to hear about your visit once you get back.

Good luck, and just remember... The military will be watching.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I heard they moved a lot of the stuff to Utah, because of all of the attention area 51 was getting.
But with a good scope you might still get to see something.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

They like to fly that HH60 at night just to see if you are camped out. I swear the only time it comes is when everyone is in their tent. This is at the last false summit. I generally don't camp out on the peak. [Too much wind disturbs my sleep.]

I thought if you could edit out about a third, Area 51 Beyond Top Secret from the History Channel was OK. I'd just dump Lazar parts and the anything to do with the Inn. I understand they have to interview people from the Inn for entertainment, but it is hard to take a show seriously when they interview anyone associated with the Little Alien.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The most obvious thing to bring is a scanner.

Personally, April is too early to head out to the range. Spring comes late there. I've seen snow on the way up Tikaboo when I've done the hike in April. May is better timing. I was around the range in March this year and it was snowing at ground level.

Since you have a few months, I will eventually get around to writing up some tips on Groom Lake snooping. I have plenty of GPS tracks and waypoints.

You have to realize in a day or two, you won't see much. It takes at least a week to see some flying around the range at close distance. And unless you are on Tikaboo, you won't see anything flying from Groom Lake. Well, with one exception. I saw N105TB chasing a SU-27 in free territory during the day. Not exactly a secret, but it was a flight from the base.
Groom Lake Birds But that is one daylight flight outside the box in over a decade of poking around the range.

I'm pretty sure they flew the SU-27 in front of outsiders to send a message to our enemies that fly it. They have wooden SU-27 mock ups as photo targets at Creech. Clearly we don't like that bird!

I only saw one test aircraft flying over Groom. It was at night with no moon. All I saw was a solid white light flying very low over the base. They have some scheme where they darken most of the lighting on the base during tests, so it's really hard to see anything. The runway lights are turned on full blast, which kind of kills your eye's night vision.

Regarding NV gear, it is not all that useful for Groom sightings. The thing to keep in mind is as you get magnification, you lose light. Twice the magnification is one quarter of the light. So night vision that doesn't use magnification won't show much for something 26 miles away. If you have a little magnification (usually 3x for NV), it is still to far away to see any detail.

Now NV is great for Red Flag. I've watched blacked out choppers fly over me. Very cool. [You see the chopper as a silhouette since the sky looks gray through NV.] The tail rotor hub gets hot and has quite a glow on NV. The problem with NV is it kills your eye's natural night vision. Thus you only want to fire it up when something is close. Otherwise, for safety, most jets leave flashers on, so you can see them with your naked eye at night. The afterburner is very visible.

NV is good for meteorites. Once it flies by, you can see the ionization trail with the NV gear.

NV will catch aircraft lights a hundred miles away. Very annoying since all the commercial flights show up, especially those flying over route 95, which is a busy air traffic corridor. You really need to practice with NV outside the range so that you understand what you see when at the range.

new topics

top topics

join