It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Conspiracy stocks' - where to invest ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
halo, I'm newbie trader and interested in 'conspiracy stocks'

I'd like pro traders to share info on 'where to invest and why' in this market

i currently have shares in 'chip' and looking for some swine addons if not too late

please debate and dedicate this thread to 'conspiracy stocks'

merci

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
My best advice to you would be not to listen to anyone on a random conspiracy message board about investing and make your own decisions..

Prob. best advice you will hear on here

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Check out my thread i posted the other day

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I hope your thread does well.

I heard about IndyMac here on ATS. A week before the FDIC came in on a Friday, someone here predicted it. The Tuesday after when shares were trading down at $.08, I bought $2000 dollars worth of it. A month and a half later, I sold at $.16 a share doubling my money. It got as high as $.22 a share before I sold but I was out of town and missed that.

I used to daytrade when everyone and their brother did also. Had stopped investing in the Market for a while after getting pounded.

My "Conspiracy" investment?

Genworth Financial (GNW).
Reason:
They are involved in Reverse Mortgages. Reverse Mortgages will be big with the Baby Boomers retiring and their 401K's down. A housing slump means they will reverse mortgage their house at depressed prices. Reverse Mortgage companies will make a killing in the next 15-20 years.
I chose Genworth specifically because they are a spin off of GE. GE is in big with the Obama Adminstatration.

Bought in around $1.50 a share, it's above $9 now. I expect $20 a share in less than 2 years.

Personally I wouldn't buy in at $9 now. I'm hoping for that shoe to drop that everyone here is expecting and get the DOW back down to 7000. Hopefully I'll be able to get more GNW at $4-5 a share.

Look into the Reverse Mortgage industry, pick a quality/well positioned company and wait for a market dip is my tip.

The days of parents leaving an inheritance to their children are over. They will leave them debt in the form of a reverse mortgage.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
nvax=swine vaccine. Get in now...its goin to 20 a share on speculation alone.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Any security gov sub firms

2nd line here

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

thats an interesting chart

just be careful if it dips under the 20 EMA..

used it as support everytime on on mammoth run

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
General Electric. Bought just under $9, now around $14.75. Why? CEO J. Immelt is on Obama's Economic Recovery Board. Among other things, they make 'green' products and medical equipment, billing and record keeping systems. Guess who will get the no-bid contracts when the cap-and-tax and health-care 'reform' bills pass?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
General Electric. Bought just under $9, now around $14.75. Why? CEO J. Immelt is on Obama's Economic Recovery Board. Among other things, they make 'green' products and medical equipment, billing and record keeping systems. Guess who will get the no-bid contracts when the cap-and-tax and health-care 'reform' bills pass?

i was looking at the 'General Electric' too some days ago, for the reason of its being one of the Rockefeller companies

the other two i digged was 'Texas Instruments' and 'Eastman Kodak'

[edit on 11-9-2009 by angelx666]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
there's only one place to be if you think the world's gonna head to sh1t... and that's physical gold and silver, or gold and silver miners... the stock mkt will fall over eventually when reality hits and nothing will be spared.... don't buy ETF's or anything paper... it's rubbish and people will pull them...

too late for swine flu... think it'll be a big nothing done and premium is in the price right now

i been an equity tader for 14 years... i am selling my house into this uptick, going mortgage free... getting a house with a well in france... i have about 25% of my net worth in physical gold and silver, spread around various gardens of friends etc and i own miners in the mkt, that's it

new topics

top topics

join