It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Selection Debunked

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

I like to think we will have evolved past laughing at people in 20 years.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I find it quite disturbing that some still view this god as a person who could intervene in life itself. I also find it quite weird that most people don`t try to reconcile both opinions, while I think that the idea of a being on a higher plane of existence combined with some sort of evolution is feasible.

Life as we know it is complex and when viewed in great detail we find that the building blocks of everything are seemingly intelligent by design.

That said and knowing that the entire universe could be programmed into 0s and 1s. And also knowing that DNA can communicate with other DNA and that DNA can 'pick up' outside communication I think that you could see the universe as a giant database with functions, a giant DLL file for lack of a better description.

And where ever life sets foot, the primordial soup will check if there is anything in the database that tells them what they can to do. If there is, life will sprout rapidly, if there isn`t anything in the database ( a new environment that hasn`t been registered, new elements all around that haven`t been registered, etc.. ) Life will have a slightly more difficult task because it really has to start a new.

I hope this makes sense to some people, bottom line is : Proof of evolution does not have to rule out 'god' and vice versa. Both can be complementary.

Edit for horrific spelling errors.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Lunatyx]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join