It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLASMA ORB turns into FAKE PLANE UFO! by Pittsburgh, PA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Now this is interesting for sure just watch and after watching give your response on what you think......

www.youtube.com...

Posting video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ
* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

[edit on 7/9/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The "plasma ball" is nothing more than an out of focus light in the sky....probably an airplane.

sheesh.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
first watch than cheese k

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by soundmatrix2009

I did watch it...nothing to see but a light in the sky that goes out of focus when she zooms in. Nothing interesting to see here other than finding out there are people that have no idea how a camera works, I.e..focusing.

I didn't see any cheese.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

Originally posted by soundmatrix2009

I did watch it...nothing to see but a light in the sky that goes out of focus when she zooms in. Nothing interesting to see here other than finding out there are people that have no idea how a camera works, I.e..focusing.

I didn't see any cheese.

You ever seen a plane before? Their lights generally flash... you know... like on and off.

Whilst the video doesn't prove anything unfortunately..... there is not a hope in hell of that being a plane.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by soundmatrix2009

I don't see any stars in the sky... leading me to believe that there may have been clouds in the sky during these shots. I know a very, very common report of UFO's is actually from Venus or Mars appearing as an orb or craft.

This is a very interesting video, and if I were to make an assumption based of what I currently know regarding the topic I would predict:

The observation is that of Venus or Mars. It seems to disappears because cloud cover moves between the line of sight of the observer and the object. Concidentially, at the same time an aircraft is moving above the observer and is mistakenly identified as being the same object. I would find something along these lines to be the most probable.

-Or-

We have an inter-dimensional UFO. Why inter-dimensional? Well through my studies, most orb/balls of light have been assumed to be an inter-dimensional UFO if, in fact, they are not of human origin. For more info, google Dorothy Izatt.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
definitely interesting.. i just dont know enough about digital video to weigh in a serious opinion. beginning part looks super wierd - i wonder if the angled edges of the thing are an effect of the lense or if its shaped and moves like that?

the second part could be faked if you held the camera in a certain zoom or focus setting to give an airplane the blurred appearance of an orb and then pulled it into focus, revealing an airplane

prob faked

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is just too stupid. I wouldn't call an out-of-focus distant airplane a "plasma ball". It does not turn into a fake plane UFO, it's a plane IFO coming close enough so that the camera can make out the details and the flashing of the lights. (Why don't they flash at first? Because the whole plane is just a blurred point of light at first, the flashing seems like the swirling of the 'plasma ball' spread out on the camera sensors.)

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Funniest UFO vid since the Profit Ya-ha-ha-weh filmed an aircraft coming in over the boundary fence of an airport and at one point said, "it IS an airplane" !

The comments about the transforming tail section are priceless.
OF COURSE a low-quality night video illuminated only by strobes is going to look somewhat different in every shot. The angle and conditions are constantly changing.

Thanks for the chuckle

[edit on 9/6/2009 by eaglewingz]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
OK, this is now the THIRD time I've heard of this.

I can see how people are EXTREMELY skeptical, but here are TWO reports of similar..
The first report is the one that caught my attention to make a report.

here's report # 2.. or mine in response to # 1

I haven't discussed this on ATS until now, but since a thread related to the above links has popped up..well, I should at least draw the correlation to your attention

Don't you think THREE separate instances might give this story a little credence. I mean really.. how would three sources unrelated come up with the same WACKY SOUNDING scenario..

something is up with this.

b

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Bspiracy]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Quote: "They hover for hours, blinking, wobbling, flashing, meandering, beaming out multi-colored lights, and often jumping or shooting around, ..."
Page 172 from 'Pentagon Aliens" by Bill Lyne
Yet he say no aliens just some form of us, people.

Similar comment at youtube, comment pending.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tmayhew01
I don't see any stars in the sky... leading me to believe that there may have been clouds in the sky during these shots. I know a very, very common report of UFO's is actually from Venus or Mars appearing as an orb or craft.

This is a very interesting video, and if I were to make an assumption based of what I currently know regarding the topic I would predict:

The observation is that of Venus or Mars. It seems to disappears because cloud cover moves between the line of sight of the observer and the object. Concidentially, at the same time an aircraft is moving above the observer and is mistakenly identified as being the same object. I would find something along these lines to be the most probable.

Venus or Mars or possibly another bright object.

There are several free programs like this one:

www.stellarium.org...

You can run on your computer to see if there are any planets in the direction of the video you just shot. But some people would rather think these are interdimensional spacecraft than figure out what they are. Kudos to you for a good guess on the planet theory. If every sighting reported the time and location of the sighting, and the direction of the sighting (as they should) then anyone could see if there were any planets visible in that direction at that time from that location.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice at 7:40 in the video theres something that looks like a UFO shooting across the object from bottom right to top left?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
In the beginning, the trees are in focus, leading me to believe that the "plasma orb" isn't focused.

reminds me of something Carl Sagen said; "it is the wild claims of amateurs, that has scared the professional scientists from the subject of ufo`s"

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KoraX
reminds me of something Carl Sagen said; "it is the wild claims of amateurs, that has scared the professional scientists from the subject of ufo`s"

Well that's the sort of cop out I would expect from a debunker like Sagan.

Then again it makes sense in a way... because we know the scientific community is full of egotistical tosspots who are more worried about where they can make the most money and even more worried about the ridicule from their peers within the scientific community if they investigate paranormal phenomena. They don't have the testicles to put their professional reputation on the line and investigate a real phenomena.... instead preferring to collect their big pay checks to concentrate on inventing seedless watermelon.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I think it's a helicopter that is mistaken for a UFO and then mistaken for a plane.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
There's a UFO made of cheese? I am confused.

I watched the video and it looked like a light that was blurred due to the limitations of the video camera, but, hey, I'm not Joel Schumacher (I am not the genius who put nipples on the bat-suit). I am just plucky.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I see this type of thing all the time when I'm sky watching. I do think it's only a plane and I do think it's landing lights are on, regardless of what dude making the video says. The "plasma light" is just an out of focus landing light, IMO. I agree that planes with their landing lights on do look peculiar. I have gotten excited about them several times, only for them to get to a certain point in the sky or change direction and then I see the flashing lights and know that it's just a plane.

One very big indication that the person doing the video doesn't know what he/she is doing is that this person zooms in on the tower (or whatever it is with the red lights) and says "nope, no airport over there," when it's pretty obvious that the plane isn't going in THAT direction anyway.

It's interesting to watch because I know how easy it is to be fooled by planes with landing lights... and I've even worked in the airline biz! I've been disappointed many times by them and my experiences were exactly like what is in the video.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSam

TheSam, I DID see that! That was the most interesting part of the vid. Not sure what it was though because it went pretty fast. Maybe that is what we should be focusing on, lol.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Ridiculous. She proclaims every light in the sky to be some sort of alien craft. At the 1:10 mark there is a split-second blink in the sky, she says, "there's another one." She says the radio tower she spots at around the 5:00 mark is "another one coming." To be frank, she has no idea what she is looking at. She, like some posting in this thread, want so bad to see proof of their beliefs they have thrown common-sense aside. The only transforming planes exist in their minds.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join