It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Similarities Between Bush & Obama.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OrganizedChaos

The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again Lyrics

We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals when they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgement of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again

The change, it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the foe, that's all
And the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they'd all flown in the last war

Just like yesterday
No, no!

I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
For I know that the hypnotized never lie
Do ya?

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

There's nothing in the street
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are out-phased, by-the-bye
And the parting on the left
Is now parting on the right
And their beards have all grown longer overnight

Just like yesterday
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

Source

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I know what you were referring to. Ive been to ATS long enough and have read numerous threads on the theory. Im willing to entertain the theory. I am unwilling to call my fellow humans murderers on account of a theory.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Skyfloating]

Allowing, orchestrating, covering up - at the very least, it involved aiding and abetting in mass murder. The torture is on the record, but 9/11 shows something much more heinous.

‘The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing.’
~ Edmond Burke, English Philosopher

For "good men" to do nothing in the face of an obvious evil, not just a theory, is very problematic. Everyone knows there was something seriously wrong about the way the official story of 9/11 has been portrayed.

So you are saying that you are willing to consider that the twin towers were blown up, and that therefore the whole thing was little more than a global psychological operation, and a false flag event, a "New Pearl Harbor", but that you are unwilling to offer anything but praise to Bush and Cheney..

That's a strange stance to take, especially for a Mason, who, if on the level, is a good man, but one unwilling to say anything negative about the PTB and the office of the Presidency under the Bush-Cheney administration, even in the face of glaring problems, lies, coverup, and it would appear, complicity and conspiracy in the crime of the century.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing out that these are just puppets. When will folks stop talking dems vs. republicans, it's a waste of time. It should be individuals vs. corporations. The Federal Reserve is the ultimate enemy. Stop wasting your time talking about politics, that s a complete distraction.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Unlimitedpossibilities

Exactly!

Second line!

[edit on 7-9-2009 by OrganizedChaos]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I said Im willing to entertain the inside-job theory. But I think the theory that it was jihadist strikers is more plausible and likely...perhaps along with a deliberate failure of the mossad to report it.

but that you are unwilling to offer anything but praise to Bush and Cheney..

You are distorting information here. I originally said that I like both Obama and Bush and that I acknowledge the mistakes Bush has made (among them entering Iraq under false pretenses).

You choose to misrepresent what I am saying because your angry emotions have clouded your sense of discernment.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It makes me chuckle when I see so many people defending the actions of elected officials. Most had or have no knowledge of these individuals (strangers) until they decided to run for office. At that point, the only knowledge you receive is what the various groups want you to know.

Anyone, and I mean ANYONE that is elected to office should be held to the promises they make to get elected and REMOVED once the majority realizes they lied. The funniest thing is the fact that everyone that has lived through at least 2 or 3 presidencies should understand that these politicians will say anything to get a vote.

Most jobs in the US (especially high paid ones) have probationary periods and yearly performance reviews. Why are these policies not carried over to elected positions? Why do our elected officials establish 1 set of rules for the little people (us) and another set of rules for themselves? What's good for the goose should be good for the gander.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I said Im willing to entertain the inside-job theory. But I think the theory that it was jihadist strikers is more plausible and likely...perhaps along with a deliberate failure of the mossad to report it.

but that you are unwilling to offer anything but praise to Bush and Cheney..

You are distorting information here. I originally said that I like both Obama and Bush and that I acknowledge the mistakes Bush has made (among them entering Iraq under false pretenses).

You choose to misrepresent what I am saying because your angry emotions have clouded your sense of discernment.

Fair enough, but you're still saying that you like Bush in spite of the fact that he engaged the USA in a WAR under "false pretenses".

I just think it's amazing what goes right over the head of bright and discerning Americans.

Oh sure, they went to war under false pretenses, and caused untold death and destruction in the process, but Bush is really a good guy, I like him.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Like I said regarding lobbyists, for every lobby agenda there is another equal lobby with just as much power who wants something opposite. So they can't all win. So how do you decide then? You then go with the people who vote.

There is a lot more political grandstanding going on then you see. And quite frankly, some people just entertain lobbyists to get the free lunch.

I heard the other day there is now 6 lobbyists for every member of Congress. I doubt they all have the same agenda.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

Seconds before this amazing photo all five presidents were shouting obscenities at each other and were about to exchange blows when the first ladies walked in.

Now we all know who the PTB really are!

If only that were true fishy, if only. The country would be different.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Excellent reply and avatar. (I need to get one of T'Pol).

Sometimes, like with this medical healthcare reform. I get crazy.

My husband and I still have good jobs, make more than 130k a year, and are a strong middle class. We have excellent health insurance.

BUT

We take nothing forgranted. Each day could be our last both physically and career wise. Nothing is stable anymore.

I like to think of myself as a champion of injustice.

We work in a soup kitchen once a week. I know many of the regulars and they are not all like you would think, lazy bums. Many were just like you and I, they owned a computer, lived in a house or apartment and had a job. Some have had a good education many are mentally challenged and thanks to Reagan (closed down many of the mental institutions in the 80's).

Some of these folks that had jobs, got laid off, couldn't find another job, lost their apartment and became another statistic. Some just don't have family (or family that care) and through no fault of their own they are not equipped to really take care of themselves. Some are Vietnam Vets.

Many people just don't see how precariously their "good life" hangs in the balance and with just one incident they too could become a statistic and end up in the soup kitchen line.

While many people watch Dancing With The Stars and The "Reality Shows" I read and I read about politics and what is really going on.

I don't believe or condone a society where some people earn so much money they don't know what to do with it all while others (usually the ones that do the real work) barely make enough to cover their basic expenses.

When we were kids and sat at the table mom would bring out a pie. Now if there were six people there, she cut six identical pieces - a equal piece for everyone.

Why is it okay for someone to sit at the table and cut the American pie up into two pieces, 3/4 for "them" and 1/4 for the rest of us to battle over?

It drives me crazy that my cleaning lady paid more in taxes than my husband and I did. We paid exactly what we were suppose to, but we have two houses and a dependent son - she does not. We made 130,000+ and Verna makes about 15,000. Fair? Oh but Verna voted for Bush.

Now take that one step further, Corporations and the real rich elite get loop holes galore. We need a straight taxing system, no loop holes no twisty turnies.

We also need to really penalize BIG TIME, the companies that have taken jobs out of America and "outsourced" them. If the middle class is drummed out who will pay taxes?

We need good universal health care for all American cititizens.

We need for companies and CEO's not to be allowed to take pensions so that our old people have to bop until they drop.

We need for our schools to give a equal education. My girlfriend is a teacher in a major downtown school and she says it is nothing like the richer suburban schools. Education is not equal. The children of the rich folk get newer books, better teachers and nicer schools.

Payscales are not fair, but people don't care or don't want to realize the injustices.

This war in Iraq, I believe in my heart that the Bush Administration somehow is responsible and funded a false flag operation to manipulate the American Public into another costly war - and the vast majority of Americans fell for it.

If we had taken all that blood money and used it for nobler purposes instead of invading another country, think of all the people that could have been fed, clothe, housed and had good medical care.

People are so easy to manipulate with fear. There were no weapons of mass distruction.

Our existence here on Earth could be so wonderful if we all learned to just play fair and be nice human beings.

I found the following books helpful:

Fraud by Paul Waldman
Hostile Takeover by David Sirota
Uprising by David Sirota
Pigs At The Trough by Arianna Huffington
Screwed: The Undeclared War Against the Middle Class - And What We Can Do about It by Thom Hartmann
Take This Job and Ship It by Byron L. Dorgan
Give Me Liberty and The Losing of America by Naomi Wolf

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/665e343793b9.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 7-9-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I could not agree with you more! And while everyone is all up in arms about Obama and healthcare, I would like to point out that both Iraq and Afghanistan have Universal Health Coverage!! Wanna guess who's paying for it??? YOU ARE!!! Thank you very much, Mr. Bush!!! Just something to remember when thinking that only Obama is running through your money like a maniac on a shopping spree!

Source.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I guess we will see. Or do you think it's a fact already? Do you not hold any hope at all for a better future? Is all lost?

It is a fact. I was told so by three career lobbyists lamenting their jobs, but not being able to do much about it, since they needed their jobs.

There is no hope for the american political system within the realm of voting and pleading with our representatives. Our voices and votes matter no more.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Voters still do matter, regardless of the immense power of the lobbyists. There are documented wins in the past few years that have been won by the diligence of the electorate.

What "wins" might those be? And I'm referring to actual change in the form of new programs or laws the benefit society. Sure, we may surprise the power-brokers from time to time by placing some unexpected name on the nameplate outside a Congressional, Senate, or executive door... but once they're seated in the office on which the name is post, the influence of money takes over.

I realize that the lobbyists wield much power. But to use that as a reason to give up the fight for our freedom is not in *my* personal constitution. They are just another hurdle that we need to overcome. Just because they wield influence today does not mean that they will always have that power.

Under no circumstances do I advocate the "giving up" of any such resistance to the long-corrupted system we now serve. My intent is to highlight my opinion that any attachment of the hope for change to this system is futile. There can be no change as long as "we the people" serve the republic of lobbyists.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I guess we will see. Or do you think it's a fact already? Do you not hold any hope at all for a better future? Is all lost?

It is a fact. I was told so by three career lobbyists lamenting their jobs, but not being able to do much about it, since they needed their jobs.

There is no hope for the american political system within the realm of voting and pleading with our representatives. Our voices and votes matter no more.

What would you say is the primary catalyst for our predicament? You see and know more than many of us?

From my view point it seems Capitalism has taken over our Nation rather than Democracy or Freedom.

Our government appears to have became ran by Corporations rather than "We the People".

How do you see it SO? You have a bigger picture than I do I am sure. While I do have my view points and strongly argue them. I am also willing to open my eyes to a different perspective and larger picture.

X

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Xeven]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Very informative and well written AshleyD. Thank you for your research, as well as the time you placed in this post.

Str&Flg

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I originally said that I like both Obama and Bush and that I acknowledge the mistakes Bush has made (among them entering Iraq under false pretenses).

You admited that you liked Bush and then said he did lead us to war on false pretenses, and then assumed it was a mistake?! Even though there is tons of evidence ALL over ATS and the web that the war had been planned before bush even entered office.

I'm baffled that someone on ATS has this opinion, even more so to here it coming from a MOD.

We are screwed America.

[edit on 9/7/2009 by Uniceft17]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
One President started a war on false pretenses and sent over 4,000 innocent young men and women to fight and die for a lie.

The other President really hasn't had time to do much of anything expect try and wipe the dog crap off his shoes that was left by his predecessor.

Big difference if you ask me

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I believe Bush2 was just plain ole stupid. I do not think he meant to mess everything up. He believed what is tiny lil brain could comprehend and understand while at the same time being "handled". IN the last he attempted to use his brain once he saw the mess they had made and went against Cheney on the pardon for Scooter. It was his attempt to save face and do the right thing after all the screw ups. Sadly it was far to late and it seems now that his one character trait of loyalty fell to the side. He should have pardoned scooter in my opinion cause the guy took one for the team. I do not however condone Scooters admitted actions.

Cheney on the other hand is not so stupid, but is paranoid and lacks knowledge of history and psychology or refuses to acknowledge them. His ideals of war and how to win hearts and minds is delusional. He also seemed to have puppet strings on his stupid lil President.

Seems Obama is also ignoring history and psychology when it comes to Afghanistan. Ever one of them we kill (innocent or not) spawns several more haters.

The lesson we fail to learn in war is that to win a war you have to be brutal, politically incorrect, kill civilians and bring them to their knees, so that they believe continued war will end their lives and possibly all they love. Additionally after you win you must take over the nation and absorb them as your own enforcing your education, laws and religious systems on them for decades till the old school are dead and buried.

No I do not condone the above but it is how war is won (period).

If your nation does not have the fortitude to do that then don't war at all.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Personally, I think hating a President is illogical.

Would you spit hate at a ventriloquist dummy because the puppeteer made it say something vile?

As long as people keep believing and acting on the belief that a change in Presidents actually fixes something then the cycle will continue.

You have to remove the lobbyists, the power brokers and the old money families behind the government before any real change can be enacted.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
Everyone knows there was something seriously wrong...

Ive noticed that people here get very uncomfortable when someone thinks differently than "everyone".

Originally posted by Uniceft17
I'm baffled that someone on ATS has this opinion, even more so to here it coming from a MOD. We are screwed America.

I used to think 9/11 was an Inside-Job, but reading the 9/11 Forum for awhile, I now tend to think it was not. Spend a few years reading this site and examining the sides and you might change your mind.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Skyfloating]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join