It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli soldiers fire on Al Jazeera and Protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Israeli soldiers fire on Al Jazeera correspondent - 04 Sep 09

Israeli soldiers have fired tear gas on Palestinians protesting against the Israeli separation barrier which cuts through their West Bank village.

The soldiers also fired tear gas at Jacky Rowland, Al Jazeera's correspondent who was covering the event live from near the village of Bilin.
Source: Al Jazeera

Google Video Link

Palestinian villagers protest land seizure - 04 Sep 09

the protesters, marching from the village of Bilin, are regularly met with a violent response from the Israeli army.

Google Video Link

I was surprised at some of the weapons used on these protesters, especially the white phosphorus chemical weapons still being used.

Israel has outed Al Jazeera, earlier this year, due to their continued open coverage. Note that what usually is shown live on Al Jazeera TV is unedited unlike the msm.

"This huge settlement will result in 40,000 Jewish settlers living on occupied land here in the West Bank and as Prime Minister [Binyamin] Netanyahu is planning to give the go ahead for even more of these settlement homes to be built," she said.

Netanyahu is set to approve plans to build hundreds of new homes on Palestinian land in the occupied West Bank, before considering US demands for a construction freeze.
Source: Al Jazeera

[edit on 6-9-2009 by dzonatas]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Look, live and let live is my credo...but for the LIFE of me i cannot get to grips with the Israelis or their mentality.

Wouldn't you have thought, with what happened to their people during WW2, that they would have more understanding of what the Palestinians are going through? And treat them accordingly?

It seems they withdraw a little for a while, then move back in and steal even more land while they think the world isn't paying attention..what the hell is wrong with these people.

I don't get how they can murder innocent men, women and children indicriminatly, and then claim it as some kind of warped self defense!

Yes, they get crude rockets fired at them, and yes i agree that is not a good thing. But the levels of response to these glorified fireworks...is totally disproportionate every time.

It's as if they really do not want peace.

I condemn both Jews and Palestinians for the violence they show to each other on a continual basis. But the Jews are occupying someones country, and have vowed to kill every last Palestinian...so would you try to resist if someone invaded your land, and systematically murdered your people?

It's absolute madness.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't see it as Jewish vs Palestinians. It appears many try to hide behind the curtain of 'being Jewish' and scream such and such word is a 'code word' for Jew. Every once in awhile that needs to be pointed out.

It's about Israel vs Palestine. Actually, it is more than that on a national basis. There is a lot of political games going on, and many of them mess with people's lives.

join