It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA and the Moon War: Say no to the bombing!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by IX-777
Weedwhacker: When it comes to my photos, yes indeed I did publish them , that was around 6 years ago. Unfortunately the website I posted them on is no longer existing so it is impossible to retrieve them.
You can try the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine, it has helped me many times.

The government confiscated my computer and never gave it back as well, so I had to buy a new one even before I left the country.
Which government was the responsible, the Norwegian, the Mexican, the Brazilian, the Argentinian or a government from other country?

I suggest that you keep on-line back-ups of your important files, that way you can always get them back.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately it did not work. I did however manage to get in touch with the person whom still have the photos and he will try find them for me on a later occasion.

And it was the Norwegian government. Never was able to get the computer back from them, had a lot of sensitive material there which is now lost - or rather in their posession.

-Maggador

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Well, now, I have just learned by reading this thread that my 40 years of studying official Nasa images and all my telescope time has been for nothing and that all my drawings of flying objects lifting machines and trash out of craters and giant machinery and structures every where on the moon are just rocks!!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori
reply to post by IX-777

But why should you have to? Ad hominem arguments are fallacies. It doesn't matter to the argument itself whether or not you claim to be from another planet, or whether or not you claim to have escaped your native land. What matters is the argument.

If you said 2+2=4 but you claimed to be an intergalactic warlord it doesn't negate the supposition itself. 2+2 will always equal 4 even if you are a total nutter and candidate for Bedlam.

While that may be true the OP is asking us to accept what he defines as 'facts' by faith alone. When someone asks you to believe them or accept them by faith their credibility in an argument can be called into question.

We are being asked to accept this on faith alone. Other posters have already asked for proof. Show us something other than blind faith or a web site that shows us a few pictures and regurgitates the party line.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I believe the projectile mission has more than one purpose. TPTB never do things for just one reason. Whoever mentioned the 'ringing like a bell' scenario has got it spot on as far as I'm concerned.

And to think that a measly 2 ton object would be enough to scare/disturb/annoy/damage any moon inhabitants is ridiculous. I watched a program yesterday about people with messy houses. They cleared over four tons of rubbish from inside this one guys house. So a planet with 6 billion people that is only able to launch 2 tons at the moon would have any inhabitants laughing their asses off.

Hey Maggador could you answer these for me please.

What instructions were you given prior to your teleportation experience?
What was the actual act of teleportation like?
What were the side-effects/after effects?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
my comments may say a little, but peoples actions say more about those people .. rather than confront their fears they would rather call an authoritive figure,.

crazy world ...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sharps

Whoever mentioned the 'ringing like a bell' scenario has got it spot on as far as I'm concerned.

This 'ringing' nonsense should be finally put to rest.

It was an off-hand comment years ago, taken well out of context. The Moon is NOT hollow!

It is SOLID, and that's why it tends to reverberate, when seismic experiments are conducted!!! Use your brains, people.

OR, try an experiment of your own: Find a nice big rock, granite perhaps. (Look up what the Moon is mostly made of...actually igneous rock probably...so that's be better).

Put your ear next to this rock, then hit it with a hammer. (The rock, NOT your ear!!!)

Listen for that rock, that you KNOW to be solid, to 'ring like a bell'.

Try it also, with a solid metal. Not an exact simulation, but shows how solids can 'ring'.....

And for chrissakes stop the 'hollow' Moon nonsense!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
sharps: I was not given any instructions beforehand except for being told how it works, the experience itself was quick and not really very noticable, after-effects included dizzyness and confusion and 5-6 hours lost time. We were transported through time more than through space/location, but both time travel and teleportation works in the same regards and by having the knowledge on how to do one of them you can do the other as well - at least as far as this method works.

-Maggador

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IX-777

...but both time travel and teleportation works in the same regards...

Well, duh!! Everyone knows that! Really, only the best "hard" SF writers do it properly. Poor H.G. Wells, for all his fame, got it sooooo wrong in "The Time Machine". AS depicted in the movie version with that handsome actor...whats-his-name again?

Psssst...folks, here's the secret. When time-travelling, you have to remember that EVERYTHING is in constant motion, relative to everything else. You can't stand in San Francisco, hit a button for 100 years ago, and expect the Earth to be in the exact same place then, as it is where you're standing now, can you??? See?

SO, sheesh! We, who are clever, already know about the co-ordination needed to MOVE spatially as well as temporaly.

BUT, for just plain old vanilla transporter action, nothing is better than your regular matter/energy quantum computer/conversion matrix, with the dilithium phase-discriminator sub-processor hooked in quadruple redundancy, for safety's sake. Star Fleet standard now for nearly 150 years.....ooops! Did I just give it away? My bad.....

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
4 words... Remember the show "Space: 1999"? or is that 5 words...

Anyway, we were stock piling our nuclear waste on the moon. There was an explosion and the moon was blown out of Earth's orbit...

I hope this is not another example of life imitating art... or however that saying goes...

At least they are not firing Nukes at the moon... Phew.

Hmm, I wonder if that Alien Baby Mexico has is from the Moon?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ByteChanger

yes

And they managed to zip past a new inhabited planet every week. You are talking about the show that led to discussions about "Should TV try and do SF"? Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica and Startrek hid in shame, to not be associated with space 1999. (The eagles looked cool though)

AFAIK Asimov is on record with uttering a verbose "Whut?" in response to the shows premise & execution.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I did hear about the 2 ton kinetic bomb being used to creat a 5 mile wide hole on the moon. Imagine what a 5 mile wide hole looks like especially filled with water, yea ok. 5 miles deep seems they are distrubing or looking for HIVE DWELLERS DEEP WITHIN " LOCUST " I HOPE NOT guess we shall see EARTH 1z. If its an attack then some aliens fkd up somewere down here BAD.
IF I GUESSED CORRECT THERE IS SOMETHING BEING STORED UP THERE IN A SPACE LAB THAT MAY BE ABOUT TO GET LOOSE AND COME HERE???? BUT WHAT?

[edit on 9/8/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I did hear about the 2 ton kenetic bomb being used to create a 5 mile wide hole on the moon..... 5 miles deep...

(shaking head)....

WHEN will the insanity stop???

Here's an idea --- YOUR Local Library!

Get a card. GO. USE it! Learn.

(walks away, muttering in anquish over the current state of education in the world.....)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

I did hear about the 2 ton kenetic bomb being used to create a 5 mile wide hole on the moon..... 5 miles deep...

(shaking head)....

WHEN will the insanity stop???

Here's an idea --- YOUR Local Library!

Get a card. GO. USE it! Learn.

(walks away, muttering in anquish over the current state of education in the world.....)

What you no lika my engalish IMAGINE SPEEKING MINE LOL BUT THANX FOR WHAT EVER REASON YOU DID THAT

[edit on 9/8/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I guess it was more about the content of your post than the presentation, although the presentation make it a little hard to understand.

The crater will not be 5 miles wide, it will be much smaller, the kinetic energy is not enough to create a 5 miles wide crater and much less a 5 miles deep crater, as you probably noticed by now, craters are always much more wide than deep.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Life on the moon? Purrrlllleasssse lol. Thanks mate, the best laugh i have had in ages

Just wondering though, did these "moon men" evolve from single cell cheese, or when the pussy cat laughed to see such fun as the cow was jumping over the moon, did the cow impart some genetic matirial in its leaping?

And the dish ran away with the spoon

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Exactly what ArMaP said. I apologize for not being more specific, I was distracted and hurried.

In fact, a mere 4,000-pound object, moving at the velocities already established, will not, cannot make a crater 5-miles wide, and as ArMaP also pointed out, it certainly would not be 5-miles deep.

Again, whomever put out that sort of info just did not know what he/she was talking about, but a trip to the library for research into the realities of how things work, how craters are formed, etc, would show that rather quickly.

Even the online Wiki can be useful, as a starting point:

For an earthly example to compare, consider ----

Meteor Crater lies at an elevation of about 1,740 m (5709 ft) above sea level. It is about 1,200 m (4,000 ft) in diameter, some 170 m deep (570 ft), and is surrounded by a rim that rises 45 m (150 ft) above the surrounding plains.

*skip*

Formation of the crater
The crater was created about 50,000 years ago during the Pleistocene epoch when the local climate on the Colorado Plateau was much cooler and damper. At the time, the area was an open grassland dotted with woodlands inhabited by woolly mammoths, giant ground sloths, and camels.

*skip*

The object that excavated the crater was a nickel-iron meteorite about 50 meters (54 yards) across, which impacted the plain at a speed of several kilometers per second. The speed of the impact has been a subject of some debate. Modelling initially suggested that the meteorite struck at a speed of up to 20 kilometers per second (45,000 mph), but more recent research suggests the impact was substantially slower, at 12.8 kilometers per second (28,600 mph)

Just for emphasis, the LCROSS spent rocket portion will NOT be moving that fast!!! It is in Lunar orbit, so if it were to go faster than it is now, it would escape from orbit, and never hit the Moon.

It is believed that about half of the impactor's 300,000 tonnes (330,000 short tons) bulk was vaporized during its descent, before it hit the ground.

en.wikipedia.org...

SO...a object that is MUCH heavier than the 2-tonne LCROSS object, moving MUCH faster than the LCROSS, hit the Earth and the crater formed is less than ONE mile in diameter.

See? Not everything put out on the Internet about this upcoming event should be accepted at face value. Seems people like to exaggerate, just a little.....

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

LCROSS is in Earth Orbit.
lcross.arc.nasa.gov...

It will impact the Moon at 2.5Kps

[edit on 9/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Using this impact calculator and some calculations of my own, the impact that created Meteor crater was 4000 stronger than this "bombing".

If it was on Earth, it would break in the atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for that!

LCROSS is in Earth Orbit.

The surprise on my face makes me look like a woman in Beverly Hills just after her latest facelift.

I had this notion of the LCROSS booster taking the LRO on out to the Moon, and all...like an Apollo-type scenario. Oh, well.....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join