It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up Warning from National Guard

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cotechs

The guy wasn't arrested.
He was a sensationalist who was drumming up traffic to his websites.

There was an Earthquake Swarm in Yellowstone a while back and he was screaming that it was going to pop.
He didn't really get in trouble, just sorta' laughed at. As he was a geologist himself, he probably shot his own career in the foot, but that's all.

It was a huge to do on this site for quite some time.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Oh, rock on. I'm new, so I was about to Google it.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thumb
I heard some info about 2 weeks ago that could pertain to the op, but honestly, I am scared to post it and I don’t have any credible proof other than what I heard. Maybe there are some other people out there that feel the same way?

Please share this information you have. I’m sure the OP thought the same thing and has put his ATS reputation on the line to give us all the warning. Please consider doing the same regardless of how scared it makes you. I do however understand if you choose not to post the information.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I totally say post it...if the source is credible.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by skycopilot
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Well, here goes...I have family in Richmond (Fed reserve center - the big 'E' on your one dollar bills) and I have tried to get them to FL for years. Ten years ago I had a series of visions (not during sleep, but in the day - and I have never used drugs or alcohol) of widespread destruction in downtown Richmond. Huge cracks in Hull Street crossing the James River, Carry St. with brick walls falling on the sidewalks, etc.

I have not had any since leaving. But I am still fearful for them.

I wouldn't worry to much. End of the world dreams are common. I have them all the time myself and have had them for years.
From what I understand, these dreams manifest during times of stress and this is how the subconscience processes the stress.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I know many people in the National Guard. And they have not heard a sliver of anything related to this paranoid, bogus internet sensationalistic bs.

Use your heads people. A warning like that (which would be huge if true) would not "filter" down through the ranks until some dude tells some other dude on the street. Not a chance. This thread smacks of ignorance, and shows how gullible some of us are, as well as displays people's lack of common sense, logic and reasoning.

If anything, this is nothing than a silly rumor, but in today's climate it gets spread pretty quickly, even among Guard members (which are no different than your or I, susceptible to the same paranoia and gullibility combined with ignorance)

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cotechs

I remember the story of the guy who got in trouble (I don't think he got arrested or anything) for the Yellowstone thing. In fact, I think it's on ATS somewhere but I'm not going to go and look for it because I don't really want to get into your arguement.

I do find it interesting though that you said you were at work and were allowed to surf the internet. In my experience, although it's not with DoD, it is illegal use of government property to surf the internet for non-related-to-business purposes. What is your business, then on ATS?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

That isn't true.
I used to surf the net often at work while I was in the Army.
Especially on the 12hr. Staff Duty details... which sucked, btw.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Maybe it's something more like Israel attacks Iran (which the U.S. would be told of in advance) and as part of contingency planning, the U.S. is warning all metropolitan area national guards to be ready to evacuate in case Iran, or any of it's allies, retaliates.

I don't know obviously. Just saying the timing's the same.

Yes , it seems only a matter time before Isreal, goes for Iran.
When they do which, I'm sure they will, I could say I hope they get blown to hell for it, but that would just be more problems for everyone.
The reason I say this about Isreal being blown to hell, is they had fore knowledge of the WTC attack , I don't care what people say.
Bush said something about 30 Isrealis being killed, when it was one, from what I understand, and he must of forgot to charge his cell phone or someting.
I found it really funny those Isrealis were thaking video, of fisrt attack thsi was not hey guys lets going do some site seeing, I want to get some pictures.
From what I understand these guys were elated when this happened, what kind of human could find joy, in such death and destruction, Oh, that's right they thought all their people were out.
God's chosen people, I'm sure that distinction has been taken away by now , as being a mistake, and given to Islam, brother from another mother.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cotechs

Surfing a conspiracy site while you work at the 3rd highest command in the Navy? I just aint buyin it. If you had heard something, I highly doubt you would post it anyway, so what would be the point of you saying you work there?

As far as what I have heard, I do not have any source to post from, which is one reason why I havent posted it. Though, I do trust the source I heard it from well enough that it makes me paranoid to post in a public place, regardless if ppl thought its BS or not.

in regards to yellowstone.

www.liveleak.com...

www.sott.net...

www.earthmagazine.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

That isn't true.
I used to surf the net often at work while I was in the Army.
Especially on the 12hr. Staff Duty details... which sucked, btw.

Ok, maybe the rules/regulations are different for DoD. I did say it wasn't the DoD (it WAS another Do? though).

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
While I do think the source is rubbish (that is, the source may be real, but his story is ridiculous imo), I found it interested that they had a big drill downtown about a month ago. Was the national guard, practicing NBC (nuclear, chemical, biological) training. They were in several locations, including Pueblo in the south, and I think Fort Collins as well. I hadn't seen that here in over 10 years, so it was a surprise to me.

I do think they are probably ramping up for the worst, although, they probably expect nothing close to it.

Denver btw, is pretty large. It's city-center may not be huge (still large enough), it's spread out quite a ways now. I remember as a kid, going to Southwest Plaza. There was nothing down that road to it. Came back many years later, and it's just a solid mash of apartments, condos, and shops. DTC is growing fairly sizable as well. I'd consider Denver and Colorado all in all, large, and important strategically for many reasons.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

They closely monitor which sites you access.
But this site wouldn't get him in any trouble.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Cotechs

I do find it interesting though that you said you were at work and were allowed to surf the internet. In my experience, although it's not with DoD, it is illegal use of government property to surf the internet for non-related-to-business purposes. What is your business, then on ATS?

I think this statement is funny.
The majority of workers with access to the internet spend time surfing at work. That being said, you seem to be accusing this person of "working" while posting at ATS (ie a disinfo agent). If that is indeed the case, lighten up ! Everything isn't a conspiracy

[edit on 6-9-2009 by jfj123]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yeah, the sites I can't see are blocked. YouTube...anything gamer related like Warcract, IGN, etc. I have open access to Facebook and other sites, though MySpace is blocked. My philosophy is that if I weren't supposed to be there, it'd be blocked by NMCI (Navy Marine Corps Intranet). And I work for US Fleet Forces / JFMCC...google it.

I'm outty 5000. Off work and heading home.

Tak'er easy...and remember...EVERYONE is being watched (on Google Earth)

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Warren, obviously with this being national guard it applies to the US but could you shed some light on to whether or not this is an international problem.

If its in regards to a pandemic or disease outbreak this would be important globaly, but if its due to civil unrest and violence this could be a localised/ national problem.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
An O3 captain is still a human being. We are ALL subject to a bit of paranoia, instinct and even fear. We are being 'primed' for something, of that I am certain. Population centers feel the effects of any negative incident more accutely then rural areas. Food shortage, cash problems, insurrections, pandemics...all made worse by large numbers of people in any area.
I appreciate the heads up Warren. Its good to reiterate this warning that has been repeated many times now. I think we all need to be ready.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

They closely monitor which sites you access.
But this site wouldn't get him in any trouble.

Lol, there'd be no way in hell I'd be able to access (much less contribute to) this site at work without being fired. Oh well, DoD's got it pretty good then.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

reply to post by Cotechs

I think this statement is funny.
The majority of workers with access to the internet spend time surfing at work. That being said, you seem to be accusing this person of "working" while posting at ATS (ie a disinfo agent). If that is indeed the case, lighten up ! Everything isn't a conspiracy

[edit on 6-9-2009 by jfj123]

We're monitored very closely in the Do? that I work for and we are reminded daily that it is illegal use of government property to surf the internet not related to business. Lol, I have coworkers that won't even access CNN because of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Oh I believe you but I'm just saying that even though it may or may not be legal, doesn't mean A LOT of people do it anyway in many businesses; government or otherwise.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join