It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads up Warning from National Guard

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
reply to post by nikiano

They nolonger need all those people ,the computer and machine have been perfected far enough for that.

Well, I personally disagree. I personally think that the CORPORATIONS are who has the all the power in the world, but CORPORATIONS depend on consumers. No consumers, no money. No money, no power. Sadly, they need us consumers to keep consuming their products in order for them to stay powerful.

If they could have automated everything by now, they would have. Besides, who would fix the machines when they broke down? Who would service the machines? Who would buy the things that the machines produced?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by 6EQUJ5

How dare you question the OP?
Look at all the stars on this thread.
It is still kinda' fun to speculate on things, though. I don't think this thread was ever intended to be a serious "get out of dodge NOW" type of deal.

Or was it?

This thread has posts by one of the biggest tipped clairvoyants of recent times.

No charge for services, only tips.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
WarrenB would be out of his mind to come back and post more. Look at this thread
I'd just be sitting back reading and enjoying the entertainment.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Originally posted by tmayhew01
reply to post by pluckynoonez

or little birds, create rumors of speculation... that tumble out of control and turn into illogical accounts of unproven disinformation...

EDIT: Not in any reference to this thread or warrenb, just in the general sense of the metaphor.

Agreed. A star and...kiss for you, I guess. Since a flag wouldn't be appropriate here.

This guy has gotten a lot of stars and flags by me. He's working while I'm doing something else (drunk, or playing poker).

Take care.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It would appear that there are several confirmed MIXED cases of H5N1 (avian flu) and H1N1 (swine flu) in Egypt. You can read about it here:
RSOE EDIS Link

If there is ANY truth to this speculation, I could see it coming about with the chance of a Pandemic involving this deadly combination.

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail and there will not be anything radical.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
This thread is pretty entertaining.

No credible source for anything but it's become quite popular. A good example how we thrive off fear and enjoy being paranoid?

Indeed.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by tmayhew01

I didn't really notice any disinformation in this thread.
Of course I wasn't paying much attention.

Too busy with the explosive nature of your avatar? I get it.

What I was saying was just that. These forums breed the a-little-bird-sent-me-to-tell-you mind-set, and we get all excited, just to walk straight into a giant pile of ostrich poop. Ever see an ostrich poop before? At those drive-thru safaris? It is disgusting.

Well, what we have here is the classic jumbo-sized ostrich-poop omelet. And it looks like everyone here brought a fork, including me.

Post-script: in case you are wondering, and for the record, the Denver omelet is small compared to the ostrich-poop omelet.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Now that is one vaccine I WOULD demand.

Edit - In regards to the H1N1 H5N1 combo SUPER FLU!!!!!

[edit on 7-9-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Sorry, I got lost about midway through your post. I like the new avatar more than the other.
Seriously though, ...
... Yeah, these threads happen sometimes. But it was still fun to participate in.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

lol, I respect your statement as we have all delved, at least a little bit, into the ostrich poop of the internet.

These forums breed the a-little-bird-sent-me-to-tell-you mind-set, and we get all excited, just to walk straight into a giant pile of ostrich poop. Ever see an ostrich poop before? At those drive-thru safaris? It is disgusting.

Well, what we have here is the classic jumbo-sized ostrich-poop omelet. And it looks like everyone here brought a fork, including me.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by tmayhew01]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You never really know what's the safe place.

In May at the height of the swine flu scare I considered cancelling my planned trip to Disneyworld with my little niece. I thought since Florida had a high hispanic population, the mass crowds of Disneyworld would be a danger. I thought it would be safer in my semi-rural midwestern suburb.

I went anyway and during the trip they closed the schools in my niece's school district because of a swine flu outbreak.
So as it turned out my niece was actually safer is Florida than in her small suburb.

So I guess you never really know.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

Honestly the Military is as much a hotbed for specualtion as anywhere else. I can remember quite well when my ship was deployed to the Med. how different departments would be going on and on about "Oh I heard we are going -here- or we are going to do -that-", well I worked in the CIC and had a secret clearence, I can tell you the rumors were always 100% wrong.

and why?

Because the people who did know what was going on kept their mouths shut without exception.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

So, take the cat out of the carrier and cancel the booty call?

Sounds about right. Hooey is as hooey does, and this hooey is prime and fresh as hooey can be.

I mean, I love fresh doom as much as the next girl, but these types of rumors are just lame, lame I tell you! Now let's keep talking about it until page 500 and warrenb has 80 billion points. Pretty good for a one paragraph post, eh?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
i wish someone would keep track of all these doom and gloom posts. this must be the 5th time in a yr that an "event" was coming that would usher in martial law.

you all are either new here or have bad memories.

President Bush was supposed to declare martial law several times last yr. Oh and war with Iran was days away. Israel has planes being prepped as we speak. a friend of mine - officer in military says get ready, and my all-time favorite one....the classic nuclear attack is coming.

oh you forgot that 9-09-09 is coming, thats suppposed to be meaningful if i recall.

get a grip guys. one post with zero evidence and you all are planning your escape route

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

Actually, I've got my bags packed and am just waiting for the "sign" to get out of here.
I already know my escape route.

But I agree, the sky is falling.

Seriously though. This was worth looking into. And it was found to be pretty unreliable, so far as I can tell.

Nothing wrong with checking out any info you come across. At this point though, the thread has become pretty comical. I noticed about half an hour ago this thread had 60 stars, it seems. Now, at last count, 82!!

Still going strong.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
It would appear that there are several confirmed MIXED cases of H5N1 (avian flu) and H1N1 (swine flu) in Egypt. You can read about it here:
RSOE EDIS Link

If there is ANY truth to this speculation, I could see it coming about with the chance of a Pandemic involving this deadly combination.

Hopefully cooler heads will prevail and there will not be anything radical.

What will they call it when it mutates? I'll wait and get shot for the mutated one, what will it be flying pig flu, or human flying pig flu., how bout Spanish Bird Swine Flu.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Maybe something a little more dramatic... Foul of Prey Hog Sickness. They'll want to stop calling it the swine flu soon. People will be desensitized to it.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

That's when you pull out the acronyms. FPHS (Foul of Prey Hog Sickness)...
At least that is what they do with other science terms.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join