It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and logic VS skepticks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
The amount of sightings around the world in modern years shows us there are exotic craft being flown.From the accounts of people who have been abducted and others who have seen alien beings walking on our planet we can conclude that there may be a very good chance that aliens fly these craft.

All of these people who claim to have been abducted or have seen aliens close up can not be liars or attention seekers.There has to be a percentage no matter how small that is the real deal.

Well, the abduction stories, stories of seeing alien beings close-up, and the accounts of seeing very strange-looking craft up close and in detail have never been verifiable (i.e. there is very little evidence to back up the claims of these people)...

...so the only good verifiable evidence among all of the 1.) craft sightings, 2.) close-up personal encounters with alien beings, and 3.) abduction stories have been the fact that people have seen strange lights in the sky -- and to me, strange lights in the sky does not automatically mean "aliens".

I can't make the logical leap from "light in the sky doing weird things" to "aliens".

....and, yes. I do think all of the people who claim to have been abducted, people who claim to have been face-to-face with an alien being, or the people who claim to have seen an alien ship up close and in detail (i.e., standing 100 meters away from one in daylight) are making those stories up, for one reason or another. I don't think it is too much of a stretch to believe they could be making the stories up.

[edit on 9/6/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by symmetricAvenger

The tag line from CE3K sums it all up for me:

We Are Not Alone

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
The tag line from CE3K sums it all up for me:

We Are Not Alone

and that's fine...People have a right to believe that. I, in fact, have a relatively strong belief that intelligent aliens exist elsewhere in the universe, and perhaps in our galaxy.

However, the OP is saying that he can logically show that aliens are visiting the Earth. I personally don't think he has shown us his logical argument for this belief.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

well in fact i do prove it.. if you can agree to life outside of earth then you add the age of the universe.. getting here would be a doddle, you forget humans have only had tech for 200 years max, and look how far we have come?

think about humans in 5000 years from now...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Your logic is contingent on one big assumption that I don't think you could just make so casually -- and that is assuming that faster-than-light travel is even possible.

I suppose that one day, perhaps, humans may discover ways to travel great distances in a short amount of time, but I think the fact that it seems impossible right now casts doubt on your logic.

There are too many "what ifs" in your reasoning to claim that the logic is valid.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I can name at least ten cases that show we are being visited by extraterrestrials.

During the Summer of Saucers in 1952, the Air Force's Project Blue Book had over one hundred cases in that time that are listed as unknowns. This is from an organization that is only too willing to explain things away with swamp gas, weather inversions, weather balloons, birds, and ball lightning.

The best cases have radar confirmations and physical evidence of landings. Others have multiple witnesses who do not have any reason to make it up.

1. Betty and Barney Hill (physical evidence, Barney's drawing of the object, radar confirmation of an unknown in the area keep this case top notch)
2. Lonnie Zamora
3. Papua New Guinea incident (this includes contact with beings on the ship)
4. Summer of Saucers (Washington DC flyover)
5. Col Gordon Cooper sighting of metallic disks in formation with other pilots. Add to that his viewing of a picture of a landed craft in the 1950s that was confiscated by the US Government.
6. Flatwoods incident in Braxton County WV.
7. Pascagoula MS abduction (the men talked about the incident while being secretly recorded and a retired military member has come out with a sighting of an unknown object the day of the incident).
8. Kecksburg PA (Although it has been proven that no Soviet satellite crashed in the area, Project Moon Dust was still activated to retrieve an unknown. This was found out by researcher Kevin Randle, who is one of the more down to Earth researchers out there.)
9. Shag Harbor Incident (this object was tracked by the military and is one of the best documented cases out there)
10. The Phoenix AZ boomerang sightings at @ 8:30PM (witnessed by thousands, including many retired military and the Governor of the state).

Those are a small amount of the really good cases. They are off the top of my head. Occam's Razor will also show that these cases must be extraterrestrial in origin.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

and your logic is what?, that we have had no contact with aliens?, even tho you admit life is out there?

if that is the case lets do some math?

the earth is 6 billion years old.. life was meant to have arose 2 billion years after, humans as a technological race has been around for 250 years at the most.. your argument is flawed based on the age of the universe let alone thinking just because we don't travel faster than light that some aliens can not, seems some what arrogant,

intelligence + age of universe = aliens are indeed here and have been, to think otherwise is akin to the world being flat...

logic

[edit on 7-9-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

It's not a question of technology -- it's a question of physics. Physics, as we know it, tells us it is impossible to travel faster than the speed of light.

Of course our understanding of the physics concerning the speed of light could perhaps be wrong, but to assume it is wrong is one assumption I'm not prepared to make.

Like I said in my other post, your logical reasoning must include "what we know about the speed of light is wrong" -- and I think that's where your logic falls apart. How could you assume what we know about the physics of traveling faster than the speed of light is wrong? Sure, it could be wrong, but the simple possibility of it being wrong is not enough to make such a definitive statement about ET visitation.

If our understanding of physics is NOT wrong, then even if our civilization lasts 1,000,000 more years we would never be able have faster-than-light (FTL) travel (i.e., because it would be physically impossible).

I understand there are fantastic ideas about how to travel FTL, but those fantastic ideas are just that -- ideas. None of them can get past the physics yet. Perhaps one day we will revise our physics and find that FTL travel IS possible, and we figure out how to do it.

However, that possibility is simply a "possibility" and definitely not a foundation on which you could build a logical argument.

[edit on 9/7/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

no theoretic physics does, and even normal physics says you can using gravity!

the same could be said about finding the usa, oh cant do that may fall off the edge of the planet?

im sorry but this is the year 2009 not the 1400's we have pc's and in the next 100 years if we don't destroy our self i'm sure we would have put a man on mars? and can sit with a straight face and honestly tell me WE are the best the universe has to offer?

now that is funny

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

wake up

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Thank you for posting that video. (I guess that is how they communicated in Star Trek.) Seriously, the impact of this faster than light research may show it is quite possible to travel long distances in short periods of time.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

your very welcome

2nd

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Actually, that video just shows it's possible for energy to travel faster than light. Matter cannot.

to SymmetricAvenger:
No matter how much you throw a fit and call people names, the logical likelihood remains that there are probably aliens "out there". They have not visited earth.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by tallcool1]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

I thought Einstein stated the speed of light was absolute. If they can make energy move faster than light, what is to stop them from making matter move faster? I think we are very primitive when it comes to time, space and the speed of light. We are like Columbus if he were shown a nuclear submarine and told to build a ship just like it. He would not be able to comprehend nuclear power or other technology used. That is how we are when it comes to space travel.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
If your going to sit there and say how amazing your logic is,
YOU.
NEED.
TO. MAKE.
SENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you drunk or just slow? "God or aliens" is not a question and is thus unanswerable. Please learn how to write well enough to make other human beings understand you before you come onto the inter-webs and embarrass yourself.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger

intelligence + age of universe = aliens are indeed here and have been, to think otherwise is akin to the world being flat...

logic

[edit on 7-9-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

UHM.. WHAT? Coka Cola + country western = bigfoot is indeed crapping in my backyard.
i can make stuff up to O,o

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggamemnon

and im guessing you suck at math?

Basic calculations are above your mentality?

so let me get this right.. you did not make ANY valid comment just insulted my typing

oh wow .. now that is something new

come back when you have something to add other than cola analogies

thanks

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I did not call anyone any names ??

I was using basic math to prove a point?

age of the universe vs life on this planet vs vastness? / civilization ?

ever hear of the drake equation? well i kinda made it shorter ; )

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

just to add energy and matter are one of the same thing..

That's why it can not be destroyed FACT ; )

matter is a description of scale.

I suggest you read more books

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
All of these people who claim to have been abducted or have seen aliens close up can not be liars or attention seekers.There has to be a percentage no matter how small that is the real deal.

WHY NOT ?

as we are using logic here

if your claim is true - then by your logic of appeal to numbers - a certain percentage of N i g e r i a n 419 scam emails must be true too

i currently have 17 of those in my email spam trap [ thats just a 30 day holding pen ] - and every one is different - so i must be igetting > 100 unique ones per year

still wish to use the appeal to numbers argument ?

now before any one takes umbrage and gets frothy on me - i actually believe that a percentage of sighting claims are genuine unexplained events - but i also know that many moore attention seeking retards also make claims of alien interaction -

and whats worse is that at first glance - some of the walts SEEM more credible than the people whos integrity i trust and make claims that are genuiniely unexplainable

edit : N I G E R I A N is a nationality not a racist insult FFS

[edit on 14-9-2009 by ignorant_ape]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join