It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Strange Campfire Picture

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It was in 2006 100% positive, when I look at the information it says 2009 on the dates of the picture, as when I downloaded it from my gmail account it put the date on it. So I don't know where your getting the 2003 number from, I was in iraq in 2003 so yeah definitely 2006.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by phiktion]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d1407990624.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by butch_uk
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d1407990624.jpg[/atsimg]

Uh oh, someone has some explaining to do..

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
have no idea what program your using to pull that information up with, the camera puts a imprint on the photo im guessing? the time of the camera could of been off / or the software date could of been dated back to then, believe the camera was a few years old the one we were using, only explanation I can give, I am 100% positive on the date so that march date is off as my uncle died in april of 2006 and it was probably around 10:30 pm not 0400 like it says(that would be in the afternoon and its obviously night time), sure whatever software your using is could be tricked if the internal timing on the camera is off..

and I'm not seeing the relevance of the incorrect date that I am giving? if there was a 3 year difference due to whatever software you used to pull information off the image what does that mean? does it change what the picture shows in it? just seems like your trying to waste my time?

[edit on 7-9-2009 by phiktion]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Sir, posting the EXIF (Exchangeable image file format) info is not an attempt to debunk, because there is nothing here to debunk, you have taken a picture of a fire and our brains make order from the disorder, similar to pictures of clouds or any picture with random shapes, colours and shades.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I immediately saw a dragon and I looked some more and still only see a dragon. Pretty cool looking pic too.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Sir, posting the EXIF (Exchangeable image file format) info is not an attempt to debunk, because there is nothing here to debunk, you have taken a picture of a fire and our brains make order from the disorder, similar to pictures of clouds or any picture with random shapes, colours and shades.

why post it then? besides to waste my time, do people really care about the picture information and if they did im sure they have software to grab it.. or are you like this in every thread with a picture you like to post information to be annoying?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexxica
I immediately saw a dragon and I looked some more and still only see a dragon. Pretty cool looking pic too.

people that are only seeing the cartoonish looking dragon are only briefly glancing at the picture and not actually investigating much further then that...

[edit on 7-9-2009 by phiktion]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Here's a version of the picture edited it to point out everything I noticed. Really this isn't very impressive though, you can see shapes and other familiar things on virtually any surface if you're looking for them.. it doesn't really mean anything.

img36.imageshack.us...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by phiktion

why post it then? besides to waste my time, do people really care about the picture information and if they did im sure they have software to grab it.. or are you like this in every thread with a picture you like to post information to be annoying?

Because I can.

I'm not too sure how I can waste your time on a social site.

When you take a picture of something interesting with that camera, you will thank me for pointing out the EXIF anomaly, because a semi-credible story will become poop if your EXIF doesn't correlate, and if you think I'm an arrogant S.O.B. then wait and see what you will get from the others, I'm a pussycat compared to them, so consider my replies as helping your long term credibility on ATS rather than wasting your precious free time.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I saw several things as well in the fire but it's what our minds do. We connect things to turn them into something familiar, most noticeably a face. Especially looking at a medium such as fire which changes shape before you can even process what your looking at. Even if the fire took the shape of a full figured women for mere seconds and you got a picture of it we would all say that's so cool looking but not because we think that a women is trying to show herself with the fire but because the fire looked like something it shouldn't for a mere second. I don't think anything paranormal is going on here. But, it was a fun post to look at anyway.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Fire always shows pictures and faces in it. I have seen much more impressive fire than that many times. All in all I still only see fire behaving naturally. I am guessing that you don't spend that much time camping and outdoors because if you did you would know that is very normal for fire.
Just my ten cents.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
OK, rorschach test, that's all I'll say. Your brain is finding things vs reality

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I saw a dragons neck and head pretty much. I couldnt see anything else really. Big fire though.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It is a fascinating photo, that much is true. It is amazing how our brain works and how we make associations from shapes and forms we notice. I'm sorry, but I can't make anything out of this except for a fire. No demons, no crosses, nothing. Though I can understand how you could make them out in this photo. Apart from the fact that there appears to be no presence in the photo, it also just feels like a regular photo. Sometimes it is possible to sense the energy of a presence on a picture, and even though not feeling anything doesn't mean there can't be anything there, I think it is highly unlikely.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I can see most of what you mean. I think its to much coincidence to call it pareidolia. Whats the story about this fire OP? What do you think it all means?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm not debunking the photo. I am just looking at the fire/flames as instructed and giving my honest impression which is not to be confused with any absolutes. Just merely and opinion. I am also comparing it to pictures of other small fires. In each case, just like letting the human mind use it's imagination, one can pick out faces and shapes like a kid sees shapes and animals in the clouds above. What makes that possible is the human psyche's subconscious reference to archtypes imprinted upon it by past experience such as media, religious/spiritual beliefs and impressions, cultural background and accepted stereotypes. In other words, if one did not have these references consciously or subconsciously, what would you see other than random shapes and textures?

Hate to say it, pareidolia plain and simple. Nice shot though. Nice tall dramatic, stretching flames.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I see a cross in the middle but I'm gonna go with what this guy said. Also, like the Tesla avatar

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
"I told him to get the fire built up high and I will take a picture to see if we can see anything crazy in the picture. "

I don't think any debate is necessary, you were determined to find something in the picture even if it isn't there.

I'm with the others on this one.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join