It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO? Asteroid? Atmospheric Phenomenon? You decide (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I just uploaded this onto youtube but I thought I would share it with you guys to check out and/or explain.

While driving I saw an EXTREMELY fast object fall from the sky (too fast for a plane, 2-3 seconds) leaving a trail of black and white smoke behind it from top to bottom (ground) this was as close as I could get to the point of impact (estimated 6-700 meters away) before trespassing onto private property. Object made a sharp crackling noise as it fell, loud enough to hear over the sound of my car. Smoke trail dispersed into nothing within 5mins. Taken about 5km west of Allora QLD Australia on the 1st September 2009.

My first thoughts was an asteroid, the reason being was it reminded me of this photo...but then again I could be wrong. Enjoy

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Whatever it is, it must have been pretty interesting to witness first hand.

Report it to your local UFO people, and hopefully they can find out what the hell it is.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Normal contrail high in the sky, the plane out of sight. Sun exact opposite direction making the dark shadow from the contrail..

Sorry, but you will not fool anyone in here with that made up story of ours.

Well maybe you will, some people are gullible enough, I guess..

What the point in posting those made up stories? To get ATS points? To try to fool someone?

Don't people get banned in here for posting crap like this?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by scarystuff
Normal contrail high in the sky, the plane out of sight. Sun exact opposite direction making the dark shadow from the contrail..

Sorry, but you will not fool anyone in here with that made up story of ours.

Well maybe you will, some people are gullible enough, I guess..

What the point in posting those made up stories? To get ATS points? To try to fool someone?

Don't people get banned in here for posting crap like this?

LOL, what?? mate Im not claiming it to be anything fancy...what you see is what you get, you make up your own mind, I was there...I saw it, I filmed it. DONT tell me its a made up story! wtf would I have to gain? ATS points? come on...

Or should I not have bothered sharing this with anyone?

Originally posted by Clickfoot
Whatever it is, it must have been pretty interesting to witness first hand.

Report it to your local UFO people, and hopefully they can find out what the hell it is.

Thank you, and it was interesting to witness. I think ill wait on the educated opinions of ATSers before I take it to any particular group.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Griffo515]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The trail goes behind the cloud and over the horizon. At "6 -700 metres" the trail would be MORE visible than it is in the sky, not less.

I vote for plane contrail.

[edit on 9/6/2009 by eaglewingz]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

At first glance, I thought it was a contrail and wondered what the big deal was, but then I read the story behind it, lol.

I'm not sure what it could be, but considering what you saw, it's very interesting! I would report it because it's likely someone else saw it also.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yes, but what do you do when the photographic evidence contradicts the story?

An impact within 1/2 a mile would be clearly visible well before the horizon and in front of the trees seen in the background. This trail goes well over those.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
To my eyes, that smoke trail seems rather low. Look at the level of detail between 0.28 & 0.30. Doesn't look to me like that is above cloud level.
Also, the claim that this goes beyond the trees in the distance is a no no.
Care to do a screen grab of where exactly in the film this is shown because after a few views, I can't make out the trees or horizon clear enough to make that judgement. I don't think you can either to be honest.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Ordinary contrail + the account of the OP.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Griffo515

Thanks for posting.
Fortunate the object made it to private property.

I hold to the theories about high voltage as being UFOs so
trails and crackling noises as it puts on the breaks might be
part of the system operation.

new topics

top topics

join