It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Short thread- How I faced off against JWs and basically won....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The OP is weak.

Did you ever read Job?

No, the Bible itself cannot be witness to God, but in Jewish law, two witnesses suffice.

Myself and I.

Get over yourself. You think you've suffered so much. Okay.

Just so you know, God feels sorry for you because you think you've been through something. I don't feel so sorry... I am certain that your ability to post messages on boards and online is proof that you are fine now.

You didn't win against the Jehovah's Witnessess. The only logical response to that kind of attitude is to let it simmer, regardless of what the future may hold.

[edit on 9/6/2009 by TarzanBeta]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

I take one look at the wasted years, and the way that the world is, and I've lost any bit of hope or fight. Then again, I've been kicked around by God's workers more than I care to think about. I still would like balance- I don't need millions in money, but how about enough so I can put my car back into fighting shape? How about a simple family? All I asked for was balance. I have NONE, no matter how hard I tried. It doesn't make sense, and it breaks laws. I am a victim of synchronicity more times than I care to admit even to myself- right up to stuff I thought up (never patented, no resources to be able to), and I see the exact same things I thought up someone else making millions off of. Only comfort I get there is 'well, at least it DOES work'. As a result... I stopped dreaming up anything. My inspiration's as dead as my love life.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Wylekat - stop feeling sorry for yourself already. It is a waste of time.

Everyone knows how you feel... but you're certainly not proving that you could defeat anyone.

Why don't you start reading the articles on ATS? If you read everything and apply logic, It is a given fact that God exists. A universal God exists, good exists, and possibly even some aliens who genetically modified us exist. Or maybe we crawled out of the primordial ooze according to His great and confusing plan? Whatever. All sorrow stems from a lack of direction; a misunderstanding of your origin if you will.

Every life has a beginning. Every life has an end, a destination. Point A gets to Point B somehow... but I think leaving it to be a simple, short straight line is foolish and pathetic.

You're gonna feel sorry for yourself the moment you're dying and realized that you spent your life fearing death. Ironic, huh.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Thanks to protestant paramilitaries i havent seen my kids since june 2000.
I just wanted a simple family too. However before i could be given the awesome responsabilty of a family, i had to be tested, made ready for that task
Every time i tried something i get knocked back too
You know what, im in that boat too. I have recently split with my soulmate who has moved back to Australia because her dad is dying. I thought I had it made finally. Setting up my own business development and marketing company, a new house, a new place with a beautifull woman who i love dearly. But fate throws terminal cancer to the father of my fiancee who dropped everything and moved back home.. I was left here to pay the bills and set my company up, but in the time since she left she has decided to not come back, and as i have a record, the chance of me getting a visa are slim to none so we called it a day. However we still speak every day and I am hopefull a visa shall be granted.. But if not I will still get on with my life. One step forward with my company, two steps back with my missus...
I too have been burned by the church who say one thing then do another, who condems homosexuality from the pulpit then commit adultery with thier parishoners, who con Gods people out of money, promise blessings back, live in nice houses and drive nice cars whilst thier "flock" who fund thier lifestyles are living in poverty waiting for those blessings to show up, and when they dont, they call God a liar and come away from the church! Jesus didnt have a nice house, a souped up camel, and niether did His disciples. They had nothing.. They suffered death and beatings, rejection by thier own people.... Surely, these people who use Gods good name to condemn and use Gods people to get wealth are sooooo in trouble! Read Mathew 23 and you will see what God thinks about these people!!
Those same people will also come out with stuff like "wait on the Lord" or "count it all joy" whilst you are in the midst of your suffering and you just want to smash them! They will pray for you, but leave out what they should do the most and that is to shut up, listen, and just love on you!
So thats what i am going to do. You can u2u me anytime, i will listen and try help you. I wont judge you because no amount of righteousness was ever produced through condemnation....
If not i seriuosly wish you great things

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Amazing how you 'Christians' jump on in here and start showing your teeth. Here's an idea: If GOD is in charge, and GOD is gonna show me how things are, then what use is the rhetoric coming out of YOUR mouth, unless it's so you can feel like you have some power, or is it a bully complex?

This is as bad as dealing with Mafia loan sharks, I tell you! Your religion does not make a single solitary impression with me, as it's obviously run by powerless loudmouths who find nothing better than to bully what you feel are lesser people. It really IS just a franchise of a large business, isn't it? same tactics, (unless you're a scientologist, then you get your arms broke), same rhetoric, same scriptures, same cliches.... Ya know, if there is truly a God, I wonder who he's really rooting for. All these people who invent and perpetuate religion, or those of us who have been placed ever so ungently face down in manure and sewage BY religion?

So go ahead. Tell me where I'm going. Throw Job at me yet again. It's a tired old story that's better titled 'God goes to Vegas'. I love how it ends- Job asks why, and God says 'Because I can. Now shut up and enjoy what ya got back'. Priceless. I said it once, I'll say it again. GOD wants me, God knows where I live. God can come talk to me HIMSELF, and not send his leg breakers to do his lightwork. Or his legbreakers need to stop sending themselves, since all they do is look like a bunch of monkeys. So stop wasting your typing classes on 'learning me a lesson'.

Ya dig?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Those same people will also come out with stuff like "wait on the Lord" or "count it all joy" whilst you are in the midst of your suffering and you just want to smash them! They will pray for you, but leave out what they should do the most and that is to shut up, listen, and just love on you!

You are SO right. I never had much of a need to beat the crap out of people until I got into church and kept getting fed that manure. It never ceased to completely throw me how those words, when they came out of the rich one's mouths were always accompanied by that smile- the one where you just want a good shot at their pearly whites. There's nothing so disheartening and abusive than being insulted and abused 'for the Lord's sake' by people who shouldn't be allowed to tend plants, let alone people in a church.

Well, I gotta ask- do you think we're being pushed thru the chipper shredder to see these jackals for what they really are? I can say that my eyes have been opened (and blackened) by people who spit out scripture like a machine gun, and at the same time, berate, patronize, and treat a person like something brown and smelly they stepped in.

I just gotta know, tho... what's next. How do you fight a system like that- or is it time to just find like minded people and go somewhere away from society when the crap goes into the air blower? Be nice to run a commune of hurt, disabused people of like mind. Too bad none of us have any money left to start a community.....

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Truth is God is sifting the wheat from the chaff, that process is painfull because God opens your eyes to the true state of the church. Revelation says to "come out of her my people, lest you share in her iniquity." Also read the letter to the church of Laodicia, which represents this current church age in Revelation
A true christian is one who love God and loves people, because if you cant love the ones made in His image then how can you love God?
On your other point, we are not called to set ourselves apart in little communes, but are called simply to love those around us and be a beacon to God, not judging because we dont have the power to judge anyone or the right...
However, in ourselves we have to forgive the past, take responsability for our own free choice decisions, which then frees us to love unconditionally.

But to fight what is going on we also have to speak up because if we dont then we are guilty of allowing them to fall, but if they dont listen, then their blood will be on their own heads! This is what i did and got drummed out of my church for telling the truth lol.. I feel sorry for them

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I got run out... (or did I leave) of every "church" that I first went to. Now those very "churches" gangstalk me. :-)

I call those "churches" filters. You must learn to discern spirits. Gotta' come out of 'em... or you will go with them.

Don't ever forget that Yahweh lived as one of us. This life/test is really a trip. You have to admit.... if it is good enough for Yahweh to experience... you really should quit the complaining. Learn to enjoy the test.

BTW.... Job didn't whine "Why me, Yahweh?" After all was said and done Job said that the "test" was worth the ordeal by fire... for at the end he knew Yahweh better.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

Originally posted by wylekat
I dunno what this proves- that I have been so torched by religion, I can take on ANY religion, I am completely nutso, or what.

it only proves that when the answer is not what you want, you stop listening.

for example.. you say, "The unanswered prayers, the way my life has taken a left turn where *I* never directed it, the fact that none of what I have been thru doesn't make sense. I told him about the private torment I have had to endure- where NO prayer even dented it, to make it go away. "

me. me. me. me. me.

Hey give the dude a break will you, the poor sod has gone through a pile of crap thinking that the yahwhe jesus will help him out.

So he's come to realize it is all BS, there is no one up in the sky after all it was all a delusion.

There is nothing worse than a freaking patronizing xtian waving their magic finger at at a dude who been down.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

Don't ever forget that Yahweh lived as one of us. This life/test is really a trip. You have to admit.... if it is good enough for Yahweh to experience... you really should quit the complaining. Learn to enjoy the test.

You realize of course that Yahweh was an imaginary character that appeared in in some books authors unknown ?

Perhaps one day your great great great great great great great great grandchildren will be worshiping Batman if the same evidence is required.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Asking for wordly things from "God" is pretty selfish, don't you agree? And you think that's what' it's all about?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

You realize of course that Yahweh was an imaginary character that appeared in in some books authors unknown ? Perhaps one day your great great great great great great great great grandchildren will be worshiping Batman if the same evidence is required.

What do you have?

"Society/country/weird science"... is not much of a substitute for what you characterize as an "imaginary character".

Everyone has a "god"...

Take apart a fine Swiss watch. Put the pieces in a jar and shake until it all reassembles....... perfectly.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

On your other point, we are not called to set ourselves apart in little communes, but are called simply to love those around us and be a beacon to God, not judging because we dont have the power to judge anyone or the right...

Well, I mean when the crap truly hits the fan- do you want to be facing off against a buttload of angry, disillusioned suddenly ex Christians? I don't.... I'd rather be in a community hidey hole somewhere til some of it blows over. Once these people figure out there is no rapture- it's gonna get ugly but QUICK. If the economy renders our money completely worthless these people are going to go completely and totally ballistic. Besides, somewhere in revelations we're supposed to flee anyways. Making like Monty Python and doing 'Run away! Run Away' is some of the best advice I have seen.

I just wish I knew WHERE to flee to.....

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

Take apart a fine Swiss watch. Put the pieces in a jar and shake until it all reassembles....... perfectly.

I did that once. I ended up with a music box that played Weird Al's Amish Paradise.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by miriam0566

serving god is not about us. its about doing god's will. do you think it inconvenienced moses when god refused to let him into the promise land? what about when jonah didnt want to preach to the ninevites, you think it was jonah's plans to get swallowed by a fish? what paul and his unanswered prayers regarding his "thorn in the flesh"

Tell ya what. I'll come by, take your entire family from you, take every cent you have, and toss you out in the middle of nowhere (and when I say nowhere, I MEAN nowhere) with nothing but a burlap sack to wear, and no hope for anything ever being the same again- and see how long you spout that religious gibberish. I guarantee it wont be more than 48 hours before you're just how I am.

So you are saying to me god planned to have ALL my living parents get sick at the same time. IT was gods plan to inspire me to play guitar and practice 25 hours a week
for 9 years, only to have my window of opportunity shut during exactly when I needed to make a move. Sounds to me like you are saying god is sadistic and enjoys misery? I myself could not have planned a more evil plot or imagined such a vile story.
Yet here YOU are chocking it up to some plan for me and wylekat, that this putrid and systematic destruction of a persons life is intentional.

The man is right, it is easy to
spread rainbows and sunshine when the worst you have seen is the sniffles. If god did this to me, I would have appreciated him being at least human, not even divine. Why couldn't he be up front and just smite me in the face with a hammer over a decade ago.
You assert that he put effort into the entire thing, plotted EVERYTHING down to the day
and struck relentlessly attack after attack with precision. You are saying god is a vengeful assassin, who enjoys inflicting scars, but does not have the courtesy to AIM AT THE HEART.

I would much rather be swallowed by a fish madam or tortured for a day.
These stories you have provided are DISNEYLAND - where is the biblical reference to the guy who had to clean excrement out of his 95 year old grannies crotch or stick a cath in his own fathers penis to drain the puss filled, bloody infected urine out
his bladder.

Prey for ME then, ask god for a giant fish just for me, for mercy.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
I don't feel so sorry... I am certain that your ability to post messages on boards and online is proof that you are fine now.

[edit on 9/6/2009 by TarzanBeta]

You think typing and having access to a computer has anything with suffering?
It is amazing that you assign such importance and garner so much insight from
taping of the fingers and a computer. You do not know suffering then, the act of suffering
has nothing to do with the physical realm, true suffering can not be assisted with money
or manipulated with fingers. The best part is that you establish PROOF of not suffering
to justify your attitude and base it upon worldly goods...

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Ugh. I need something to wake me up. Post deleted due to non awakeness....

[edit on 7-9-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well you obviously have ALL the answers. Faith is a hard thing to hold onto because of the physical existence. Many hardships happen to us and it can lead a person to believe that God either doesn't care, or doesn't exist.

But if you turn to some other examples in the Bible like Job, or even Jesus, you will see that suffering is part of being human. This life is a test to see if your soul can be trusted to live under Gods rule for all eternity.

Don't let this short hard physical existence keep you from making the right decision.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

You nailed it RIGHT on the head. When these people say it's God's plan, whether it is or isn't, does NOT inspire anything but pure anger, upset, and hate. Then, out of the same, accursed mouth these people own, comes 'don't you DARE call my God evil!' Funny- you yourself just proved it BY YOUR OWN WORDS. God's plan is to wipe out someone's dreams? God's plan is to watch someone yank, pull and nearly kill themselves to find the right woman to marry, and then yank it away with such force, they are left crippled by it? God's plan is to do what a couple people on here has described?

What I and not less than a few others gather- God's plan is to hurt us severely, so you 'blessed' people can get off laughing at us. I feel a rant coming on.....\/

But yet, YOU, the ones spouting this *CENSORED times 100* are the ones who are 'so very, very BLESSED by GOD, and can feel the joy of the Lord'???!!!!

I'll be honest, blunt, and pretty up front:

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE???? What the hell died and made you the happy end all of the planet, so you can sit there and dictate how the less fortunate, the UN fortunate, and the list of people who have been treated like this are simply in a plan?! What- God loves us all, but you people are loved more?

These are the same ones who wonder why people think their religions stink, people would like to see all of them burned at the stake, and their churches are emptying. It's because what they preach is complete and utter Bull*snip*. Plain and simple.

How dare these people. How dare they come up to us and treat us like this.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Far too many people come to God and view Him as a vending machine and believe that they will now walk everyday in a rose garden......while forgetting that with the roses come thorns.

God is not a vending machine to where you say, "Hey God I gave you my life and I get nothing I want, I get trashed! What's up with that?"

I say this based on experience from my own family. Two of my siblings "accepted Jesus" but when a husband didn't show up, when a job promotion didn't materialize, when their bank account didn't grow, when their social life didn't get better they blamed God. It was all about them.

My reply to them, as it is to everyone in the same boat, is that no one ever "accepts Jesus" with the mindset that THEY are somehow doing Jesus a favor.

Two things people over look when it comes to salvation.

1) God calls those whom He has predestined for salvation. Therefore no one can boast that they had anything to do with it.

2) Once one becomes a Believer they are saved and no one or nothing can remove them from that position, why? Because of point #1.

My siblings "faith" soon fizzled out and some years later they are still unmarried, no money, one is unemployed, no better social life. So was it really Gods fault? Given the evidence I would suggest God was just a fall guy to them at that particular time in their life. Now it's this person, that person or because of this or that. Rarely is it ever....."Sheesh, I'm a screw up!"

Jesus said, "Follow Me..." but what riches did He have? Well He had tremendous wealth but it just wasn't what we may consider material wealth. He had a large following of people, a rather popular social life, but those same people later cried out "crucify Him, crucify Him!" He had siblings but they all thought He was a basket case.

A church is not to be a huge building that cost millions of dollars which is to then house thousands of people. This leads to pride within the pastor and it becomes then about getting more and more people in which in turn brings in more money. Rather church is THE believer themselves. There is no word for "church" in the Scriptures. The word translated church from the Greek is "eklessia" which means "called out" so the ones "called out" by God from the world are in fact the "church".

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join