It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Short thread- How I faced off against JWs and basically won....

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

when does God take over?

God will take over when you ask Him to (and mean it). You can meditate and say something to the affect of" "God...my will isn't working in my life. Thy will be done. I can't do it alone. Help me out if it is Your will."

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Sounds like you had an interesting evening. My personal view is religion is man made along with all the books in each religion. I believe in my heart that there is a God, but I also believe that no man or woman, dead or alive, knows anything about God or what God wants for us. So as far as I'm concerned each religion is basically like a business that's trying to monopolize it's market. They all advertise that they're prophet is the best and they all make outrageous amounts of money. How many prophets passed around collection plates and recommend you give 10%+ of your monthly earnings to them? How many went to poor countries with promise of food and medicine just to show up with their religious books and only give these items if the people convert to there religion? Zero would be my guess. If there truly were prophets of God, I'd have to say they gave everything they could to anyone in need regardless of race or their beliefs and asked for nothing in return, unlike religion today.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunchboks

Yeah- gotta love religion that IS money based, even if they don't admit it. If it wasn't true, I'd have found a wonderful woman, and be married. When someone (foolishly) tries to bring it to their attention- it's amazing how 'evil' they turn out to be for suggesting these people give away a little.

My turning point was when my pastor, who KNOWS how close to poverty I am, looked me in the eye when I needed someone to talk to and said " I have to deal with my deceased father's will. He was fantastically rich..." That did it. I started hammering God for money, since it seems that was ALL that was driving Christians. I didn't do it out of need, or even greed- I did it out of pure anger and disappointment. I have been told I 'cant afford a wife' from a member of a church. I once approached another pastor (I'm on disability) and asked for prayer, and a little help concerning my situation "God doesn't help those who don't work". I've heard "God told me" so many times, the next person who said it I swore I was going to knucklebust them in the mouth.

I could go on for hours- and this is only me. Think of the untold millions of others who have been thru this same thing. We're being turned away from the pearly gates because we're poor and 'don't fit in' with the social lifestyle these cretins have made for themselves. One person I know who WAS a member of a church- couldn't pay tithes because of HIS financial and health problems. Guess what the church did....

... they threw him out.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
I used to be a Christian, til I saw how stilted being a poor believer was- the deck is stacked, and the richer, more well off ones like to deal from the bottom of the deck. I quit believing. I stopped 'having faith', and I said "enough".
[edit on 5-9-2009 by wylekat]

Interesting. I always understood being a Christian meant that you repented (turned away from your previous lifestyle of constant sinning) and put you trust in Jesus Christ as your savior, who took the punnishment you deserve for YOUR sin, on the cross, so that you might be reconciled back to the Father, and be given eternal life in heaven after you die. This is why thousands of Christians over the centuries were tortured and murdered for their faith w/o hesitation, because they understood that this life means nothing in comparison to eternity... but I guess the Joel Osteen/prosperity preachers cult gospel of getting material things that I want here on earth now sounds a bit more appealing? To each his own I guess.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

Didja read the whole thread? Didja read about the insane, nonstandard crap I have been put thru? Read about the abuses than me, and I am sure others have to endure at the hands of the self righteous, who obviously haven't heard two farts and a sneeze from God?

The huge majority of the churches are for self enrichment, and pocket enrichment, and nothing more. Dont believe me? Have a look at the cars and how people dress next time you're at church. Then watch when (or if) someone shows up in a shabby car and not dressed like everyone else. Watch how the others treat him. It's a bit like watching sharks circle bloody meat.

Unless, of course, you ARE one of the sharks......

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I'm a Christian Mystic...

Gotta say all that stuff is more real then the reality and mental constructs and all of us are living in.

Did Bible study for 14 months, got baptized ....then all the direct mystical experiences started happening.... things that even the church and pastors I knew ....had no clue or inkling about.

This led me to find a Christian mystic monk teacher who guided me past "mere words" into directly experiencing God, spirituality, eternity, the Now, Infinity, etc.

It is your mental constructs that "block" what you desires. The key is to completely let go, be free of all your constructs, see the mind for what it is, meditation, spiritual exercises, yoga, etc.

Then you will see all that stuff is real ...other than that it's just intellectual masterbation.

Be a spiritual scientist and go beyond the boundaries to see for yourself. Then you will live "knowing" that these things are true ...and knowing is beyond faith.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

had same problems but learned that it was the same everywhere. in fact, worse in some places. a friend of mine was a long hair fella with a scraggly beard. he was tall and thin and rather poor. he couldn't walk down the street without attracting the attention of police officers.
they would always card him to see if he had any outstanding warrants and it didn't matter where he was in the US. so i'm gonna suggest that what you experienced in "church society" is similar in effect to police profiling.

you know that saying:

if it looks like a dog, walks like a dog and barks like a dog, it's probably a dog.

in profiling, one or more of those steps is not essential to garner attention, mostly because it's a numbers game. nothing against you personally, just snap judgement seems to pay off more often than not, if at least one of the criteria is present. i don't agree with that approach but admit that we all do it to some degree on any number of topics and as regards any number of "social strata" or "social groups" (like churches for example).

i've been to churches where very happy hippy like people would be all over the place, hugging, laughing, singing, reading bible verses and basically having a very good time in their "church service." they'd meet new people at the door with a big hug and a kiss, which today would be considered unacceptably dangerous. there was no profiling there. you could be rich, poor, polka dotted, didn't matter.

i've also been to churches where everything was orderly, subdued and restrained. no kissing or hugging, but perhaps a handshake, a wave, a polite smile. you would be profiled in a heart beat, based on your appearance and demeanor.

etc.

the churches out there are as varied as the people who comprise them, i think. depends on which verses appeal to you the most. for example, there are verses that tell you to be sober and in control of your emotions. but, there are also verses that tell you to praise the Lord with music and song, and to be glad and joyous...which is clearly not an example of being sober and unemotional. maybe this explains why there are so many different types of churches...because the verses have a different focal point for you at various stages in your life or for various types of people.

personally, i found a church that was somewhere in the middle. they were happy, friendly, joyful, but also realistic, logical and disciplined within reason, where discipline was required. can't say i've lived up to the standards yet but at least some of that is due to the various curve balls life has thrown me.

anyway, remember you are profiling big time at the moment, and although i understand your position, i am certain this doesn't have to be the case. afterall, it says where ever two or more are gathered in his name, there he is in the midst. church can be, ostensibly, two people who believe. it's only for edification anyway. the church building can't save ya or forgive ya of sins no how.

as regards your love life, i just happened to remember what i did about this topic as a young adult. i quit looking. i made up my mind to be happy and set goals for myself, in lieu of the hunt for the perfect mate. and within 2 years, i had met and married the man i'm still married to today. i'm 50 years old and we married when i was 22.

you might try picking up hobbies and such, to keep your mind energetic and positive. for example, i decided to hone my artistic skills. always wanted to play guitar, so bought a 12 string ibanez and learned to play it. wrote my own songs, sang, etc. learned to play piano. started to read voraciously and to help others when and where i could. kept me really busy and happy.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by undo]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
A little off topic....

I need to ask a question about the gangstalking- I had a VERY worrying thing happen today.

I went out to the car to look for something, and my title, which has been MIA for a VERY long time, has 'magically' appeared on top of all the other stuff in the glovebox. Including about 8-10 oil change kits. I cant recall when it disappeared- but I am pretty sure it went with one of the cops who stopped me over the license plate light that burned out. It was FAR too late to argue with the guy- and I was doing too much that evening to keep track of anything (long, long night at the animal shelter).

This is the sort of crap I get to put up with -what may as well be called a 'regular' basis. Like the hall light coming on by itself at 4 am, the back door being slammed at 4 am another night.. Various and sundry other things.

One question- is this some offshoot of the religion I have managed to PO or something? How do I find out why and who is doing this sort of thing?

And I may as well ask- Why is God ALLOWING this nonsense?!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
When JW comes to your door, just say, i will listen to what you have to say, I talk to god everyday, he lives in my toilet, want to see him? and show him the fresh loaf of the same stuff hes trying to sell you. Well it only works if you keep a fresh loaf around, on that note i suggest everyone keeps a fresh loaf in case of such a JW emergency.

As for gangstalking, cool! I wonder if their are gangstalkers who gangstalker the gangstalkers? Maybe we should just start setting gangstalker traps, like bear traps, but with more teeth!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

you might try picking up hobbies and such, to keep your mind energetic and positive.

Oh, trust me- I try. The loneliness intrudes anyways. It's like an aggressive computer virus, or a freight train going thru someone's house. I cant look at a married couple, or people holding hands, or even be able to watch tv without those feelings simply overwhelming me.

As a side note to the (above?) post I just made- I have noticed a trend the past 10 years. I think it directly relates with what I just mentioned- I may have been over-sensitized. However- mentioning it without feeling like some sort of a flake- there's the trick. The incident with my title suddenly materializing got me thinking about other weird crap.

People who were couples would walk past me, smile right at me, and then get romantic in front of me. They would actually go out of their way to act like this right in my presence. A few times, when I'd be lucky a couple times, when whatever I was doing brought me by the same people, and they didn't see me- no displays. The smile... it's always a whole lot predatory, no matter who does it. There's no other way to ask it- What's the deal? What in the world is going on?! And no, I am not imagining it. I wish I were. I read up on gangstalking recently- to be perfectly honest, I am sure I can include myself in that number. Too much adds up too right for it to be my imagination.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

There's no other way to ask it- What's the deal? What in the world is going on?! And no, I am not imagining it. I wish I were. I read up on gangstalking recently- to be perfectly honest, I am sure I can include myself in that number. Too much adds up too right for it to be my imagination.

Like I said before in an earlier post......

You need to ask yourself not, "What is going on?"...

You need to ask, "Can you ever imagine doing to others what you know is happening to you?"

There are two distinct "bloodlines, genetics"..... on Planet Weasel.

You can spot "them" by how they act.

"They" know who you are.

Now...... you need to figure out who and what "they" are.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

You need to ask, "Can you ever imagine doing to others what you know is happening to you?"

Are you kidding?! NO.

Now...... you need to figure out who and what "they" are.

Great! How?

[edit on 20-9-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

just thought i'd share some beautiful music with ya

i'm not sure what's up with ya, wylekat. what's your diet like?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

what's your diet like?

It's normal- I have all 4 food groups, cut out beef for the most part, fresh veggies when I can, no pork. Fruit's too danged expensive, Only when i go to the chinese buffet. When I go, I do chinese buffet like a bulldozer- decimate the fish and shellfish. I have occasional junk food- chips, pretzels, Little Debbie cakes rarely.

I rarely do mcdonald's- the stuff usually doesn't appeal to me. Occasionally, I'll get a craving. A REAL treat is the occasional fresh tomato from my poor tomato plant.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

do you drink, smoke, do drugs, take prescriptions?

you addicted to anything ?

do you have dreams, visions (out of body experiences)?

has your libido increased dramatically over the course of weeks or months?

do you crave certain types of foods more than others?

are you sensitive to other people's pain?

are you prone to allergies?

do you have odd requirements for sleeping, such as cold air on your head, warm air on your feet?

do you have difficulty falling asleep or difficulty staying asleep, once asleep?

[edit on 20-9-2009 by undo]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

do you drink, smoke, do drugs, take prescriptions?

Drink- rarely. Smoke, drugs, no.

you addicted to anything ?

No- and to be honest... I cant BE addicted to anything. Tried to become an alcoholic once (Alcohol has no appeal, but I was gonna knock myself out, and keep doing it, I was so depressed)... No workie. Drugs have no appeal (Never have had any desire to take them). Smoking (cig smoke) just plain kills me. I seem to readily reject anything that can be addictive.

do you have dreams, visions (out of body experiences)?

See all the stuff I wrote about my ex and *those* visions.

has your libido increased dramatically over the course of weeks or months?

Yes- and imagine the frustration and fun of having no where to take care of it- except for *that* way.

do you crave certain types of foods more than others?

Occasionally. I like my seafood at the Chinese place, and would KILL for another ripe tomato to show up on my plant.... But I gotta wait, so wait I have been.

are you sensitive to other people's pain?

Yes, but I dont feel it in the same spots as others do- just a nasty feeling in my chest when other people are hurt.

are you prone to allergies?

Nope. I have had one allergy to some exotic thing that was in pound cake, and I think it was in heat N eat pretzels once, too- other than that... it actually takes massive stuff to make me itch, or rash.

do you have odd requirements for sleeping, such as cold air on your head, warm air on your feet?

I need flowing, sometimes cold air (in summer)- and I usually am under a blanket- but in winter, I need the heater on, shorts, and a blanket. I almost ALWAYS need earplugs- Mostly from just being sensitive to noise, and I am highly suggestive when I am asleep. Found this out after going to Disney with friends- and they told me I was answering in on their conversations, and completely asleep. When i woke up, I was just like I had gotten NO sleep at all.

do you have difficulty falling asleep or difficulty staying asleep, once asleep?

Depends on my stress level. There are times, I could sleep thru a bomb, But when the Ex g/f stuff hits, I am far more sensitive to being woke up. And I almost never get back to sleep after that.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

well so far the only things that sound really suspicious are the libido and the series of seemingly unrelated yet related events. if you don't mind me saying so, i think you have something going wrong in your brain. not sure what yet. i've heard that some people develop symptoms that are not diagnosed or realized as life threatening until they are severly ill. and then it's a sudden WHAM. you have no idea you are ill, the only symptoms are the bizarre events and the increased hormonal responses. doctors don't find it till your symptoms are so intense, that you are literally on the brink of death. so i'd suggest you monitor your health VERY closely. any new symptoms or an increase in severity of your present symptoms, should be considered worthy of a visit to a doctor of natural medicine at the very least. and ask for a mycoplasma test.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by undo]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Too bad on my financial level- the only 'natural' doctor I could afford would be a voodoo doctor who I can pay in chickens.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

hrm.
got any relatives or buddies that could help?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

got any relatives or buddies that could help?

This is a trick question- right?

I have NO. Repeating for clarity- NO Relatives. None. No one. Nada. Zip. Zero. Bupkis. Disbelieve all ya want. No matter how many times I say it, no one believes me.

Everyone I know is as broke as I am.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join