It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada to stage mock Afghan attack in Washington

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Canada to stage mock Afghan attack in Washington

www.theglobeandmail.com

The Taliban will attack an Afghan village set up in the heart of Washington courtesy of the Canadian Forces, who will send in a medic in a dramatic effort to save a civilian crippled by the explosion.

At least four times over two days this month, simulated IED blasts will bring the Afghan war – and Canada's combat role in Kandahar – home to Americans if an elaborate scheme based on modern training realism attracts widespread attention, as is hoped.

“If this works the way I want it to, more Americans will know what Canada is doing in Afghanistan,” said Lieutenant-Colonel Douglas
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hmmmm...interesting. This is the first I've heard of this. Hopefully this will make the reality of what is going on in Afghanistan tangible to the US citizens, rather then a small blurb in the paper on page 4 " IED kills 4 in Kabul". Canada has been there since the get go, but I fear most Americans have no idea of the Canadian military's sacrifice.

But, having said that, perfect situation for a false flag anyone?

Haven't found any US MSM picking this up yet......

www.theglobeandmail.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
WTF!

False flag much, come on now.

9/11, once again eh?

Wow, so this year is the year.

Shame on Canada. And I am Canadian, that's gonna take alot for me to say.

Ridiculous.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
very interesting indeed

another country testing our security

"nieghbors"?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

At least four times over two days this month, simulated IED blasts will bring the Afghan war – and Canada's combat role in Kandahar – home to Americans if an elaborate scheme based on modern training realism attracts widespread attention, as is hoped.

It's going to be held in the grounds of the Canadian Embassy and is part of a conference to showcase Canada's role in Afghanistan as well as the training methods used by soldiers before being sent over there.

I also assume that the simulated IED blasts won't be much like a real IED since they're going to be doing it several times during the month...

[edit on 5/9/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm not sure I understand the motive behind this exercise.....
Perhaps put a big creen up in Washington of live uncesored footage that combat troops endure from whichever country....not to mention local civilians.....no editing

Now that should give people the insight they need.

Alternatly show how Afhagnistan, a country full of foreign troops, is the number producer of 95% of that ' naughty stuff 'we cant mention on ATS .... but it does generate over half a billion in revenue for Taliban and Alqaeda a year.....all under the nose of the coalition of the willing.....

Mock sets ups of what they are doing...this is perhaps one of the silliest things I have ever heard come out of Canada since "roound a boot" instead of "round about"

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

And I am Canadian,

So, am I!

Depending on the scale scope of the fireworks display....this could very well result in something going bad locally, simply from tension or one agency not being aware of the event. One hand not knowing what the other is doing.

very interesting indeed another country testing our security "nieghbors"?

Perhaps your not aware of this, as many aren't:

N.Americian Army

We even have DEA offices in Canada. An arm of the US gov operating opening in an other sovereign nation....scary!

It's going to be held in the grounds of the Canadian Embassy and is part of a conference to showcase Canada's role in Afghanistan as well as the training methods used by soldiers before being sent over there.

Exactly.....so it is technically Canadian soil. I'm hoping it is as simple as face value.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I'm not sure I understand the motive behind this exercise..... Perhaps put a big creen up in Washington of live uncesored footage that combat troops endure from whichever country....not to mention local civilians.....no editing Now that should give people the insight they need.

Agreed!

Alternatly show how Afhagnistan, a country full of foreign troops, is the number producer of 95% of that ' naughty stuff 'we cant mention on ATS .... but it does generate over half a billion in revenue for Taliban and Alqaeda a year.....all under the nose of the coalition of the willing.....

The CIA and other agencies have to re-cop their budget cuts some how
Also.....if the military were to crack down on the locals they'd lose what little support they have.

Mock sets ups of what they are doing...this is perhaps one of the silliest things I have ever heard come out of Canada since "roound a boot" instead of "round about"

Come on...an Ozzie making fun of a Canadian accent...
JK lol!!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I was thinking the same thing. Does Canada want to attack us like our own government potentially did on 9-11?

Remember- what happened on 9-11 was a simulation first too... this is too weird.

top topics

join