It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Unexplained Phenomenon called "Bloop"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Not sure where this belongs, as I'n not up on "bloop".

Moving to Fragile Earth for now.
Unexplained phenomena showing how little we know about our planet....

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Scientists Track Down Source of Earths Hum

When two waves of opposite direction but similar frequency collide, they create a special kind of pressure wave that carries energy to the ocean bottom. As these waves pound against the sea floor, they generate a constant vibration with a frequency of about 10 millihertz, much too low for humans to hear but easily detectable with seismometers. By comparing the intensity of the hum with the height of waves around the world, scientists can track where the buzz is coming from.

Amazing none of you clicked on my link to the answer?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I am not so sure if your link really gives the answer. As far as I know the "Bloop" was only recorded during the summer of 1997, and has not been heard again.

Further study of the Bloop is hampered by the fact that it has not been heard since the summer of ‘97.

www.damninteresting.com...

I have not been able to find any information about more recent recordings of this strange sound. If your explanation was correct, then the sound would be there more or less all the time, wouldn't it?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If you believe the sound to be Cthulhu then it could quite easily fit into the aliens and UFO forum.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join