It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Unexplained Phenomenon called "Bloop"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I went to google to do a general search, when i notices google has a UFO in the tittle. Put my cursor over it since usually it will tell you why they have changed the normal emblem, but for some reason nothing...
So i clicked on it a whole page of Phenomenon came up. The second Youtube Video was this:

Can of worms...

The 'bloop' is the name given to an ultra-low frequency underwater sound detected by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration several times during the summer of 1997. The source of the sound remains unknown....

The sound, traced to somewhere around 50° S 100° W (South American southwest coast), was detected repeatedly by the Equatorial Pacific Ocean autonomous hydrophone array, which uses U.S. Navy equipment originally designed to detect Soviet submarines. According to the NOAA , it "rises rapidly in frequency over about one minute and was of sufficient amplitude to be heard on multiple sensors, at a range of over 5,000 km." This means that the sound was detected in 2 different places 5000 km apart! What could be big enough to make a sound that huge?

That is around 1200 or so miles off the coast of Chile, like here

Insulting fact is just on cue:

According to scientists who have studied the phenomenon it matches the audio profile of a living creature but there is no known animal that could have produced the sound. If it is an animal, it would have to be, reportedly, much, much larger than even a Blue Whale, the largest known animal on the earth. Scientists determined that its wave pattern indicates it was made by an animal...

Some more crediable articles:
archives.cnn.com...
www.bloopwatch.org...
www.pmel.noaa.gov...

It very much so reminds me of these little Jems:

[edit on 5-9-2009 by UnitedSatesofFreemasons]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
ye i was reading about this earlier it was on BTS in a thread of things that science cannot describe.

But this on the whole shocked me, i mean the sensors were that far apart yet it still managed to make that much of a sound!

If it is in fact an animal then bloody hell must be massive.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
very interesting. i hope we find out which or new animal makes this sound.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

Did you do a Search before starting this thread..?

And there is no connection to aliens and ufo's...

Back on Topic:

Yes, this is quite interesting...many people have speculated - but that's about it. Some weird stuff down there I bet.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

Well this is a new connection Aliens and UFOs.
I've seen many threads regarding the Bloop in the crypto threads.

I agree it's probably some unknown marine creature that lives in the depths of the abyss...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
In my opinion th center of earth is a black hole/white hole. And these sounds are the effects of feilds, kinda like rubbing against eachother. So thats why all celestial body makes a sound like this. Also this is why it can be considered a living being in te bottom, everyone has a black/white Whole, center of atoms, in your heart.. Well you would have to study the Grand Unified Feild Theroy by Nassim Hermien.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
There are a few threads on this already at ATS, but Im glad you bought this one up again. Its such a vast oceaan, we still havnt found all the species that live out there.'

BTW, should be in a different forum...not aliens and UFO's

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

you lost me there, maybe its the misspellings.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Scientists Track Down Source of Earths Hum

When two waves of opposite direction but similar frequency collide, they create a special kind of pressure wave that carries energy to the ocean bottom. As these waves pound against the sea floor, they generate a constant vibration with a frequency of about 10 millihertz, much too low for humans to hear but easily detectable with seismometers. By comparing the intensity of the hum with the height of waves around the world, scientists can track where the buzz is coming from.

Why is this in Aliens and UFO's. Perhaps you could have a Mod move it?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Probably a very large USO

there have been speculations that aliens also inhabit the oceans, sorta like Abyss

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito

Probably a very large USO

there have been speculations that aliens also inhabit the oceans, sorta like Abyss

Abyss is an EPIC movie i love it, but if thats whats down there then hell no im staying outta the sea! No more skinny dipping for me

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Why is this in aliens & UFOs?

Dread to think what it is.. think about all those weird looking creatures that we know live in deep seas.. whatever it is it aint gonna be pretty!

Quite scary to think about how much we dont know about our own planet, yet we spend millions every year looking into space!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Whatever it is it's HUGE.... CHOMP!

Edit to add: Removed the youtube video I didn't realize the poster had a foul mouth.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think it's Cthulhu burping in his eternal slumber.

Or some undiscovered animal.

Interestingly enough, though, they triangulated the location of the source and it is VERY close to the location that H.P. Lovecraft gave for the sunken city of R'lyeh where Cthulhu sleeps. ;D

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
not to burst any1s humongous monster fantasies but its probably just the underwater volcanoes or tectonic plates or something else to do with earth?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

According to the reports, scientists examined the sound and determined that it was not tectonic shifting or the like. According to analysis of the waveform, the sound most likely originated from a biological entity.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
ok I cant help but think this sound was made by this: www.korg.com... I meen really...................

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by platipus
not to burst any1s humongous monster fantasies but its probably just the underwater volcanoes or tectonic plates or something else to do with earth?

What makes you say that?

Scientists studied the sound and determined that the audio profile was from an animal. Tectonic activity makes a completely different sound than animals....well last time i checked

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Boy, people don't really make much of an effort to read the threads before they post here, do they? Saw a lot of responses asking while this was in the UFO forums.

As for the bloop, it's pretty cool is all. I remember hearing about it during all the big promotional stuff for Cloverfield. I doubt it's anything exceptional, but it's still a pretty cool mystery.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I don't mind the post being here

It does sound like singing of some sort, but since we don't have a real seaquest dsv to investigate with.. we may never know

top topics

<<   2 >>

join