It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must show no mercy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I am done also, its like talking to a wall.

I understand what you are saying Satyr, Its like we are still at war. But the UNIDTED STATES, is not at war, If you would ask them, they are policeing, untill the end of next month.

The insurgents of iraq might be at war, but the US is not.

Satyr, I havent been readding your posts, but if you are this agreesive in all of them, I can understand why you have been hit with deductions.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I don't have any doubt that we have the means to kill every current member of Al Quaeda but that doesn't destroy them, You would have to kill everyone who had ties to them as well, you'd have to kill their sons and daughters and their families, otherwise 10 years down the line the new threat will be called "The sons of Al Quaeda" But in doing that, you also piss off a lot of other people so killing their kids means that a few decades down the line you get "The Holy Organisation of Islam against child murderers" bombing your cities.

You can't win a war against an ideology, you can destroy its leaders and followers, That's what the Romans tried and all the Christians on this board only need to look at what's dangling from their necklaces to tell you how effective that was.

You could smash its current incarnation but it would only rise up again and the chances are it would be stronger than before.

This war isn't fighting fire with fire, Its fighting fire with petrol.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PolskieWojsko
The attack should've been lead by our leader (Bush unfortunatly) himself, he should be the first one in.
What? That is just absurd. I'm having a hard time taking this line seriously, but the rest of your post suggests to me that you are serious. Can you tell me how it would ever be possible to put the president on point? A civilian? Not trained in warfare? Were you just going off a little here?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
"Be careful when you wrestle with monsters, lest you thereby become one. For, if you stare long enough into the abyss, the abyss also stares into you."

-- Friedrich Nietsche

So your plan is to become as bloodthirsty and murderous as those you fight? And then afterwards just switch it off and go back to living like normal human beings?

So let's just escalate the atrocities until they become so barbaric that everyone is afraid of fighting you?

PolskieWojsko, with that attitude, you're no better than the terrorists with your total lack of compassion for human life.

Way to think things through.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think this proposal is a good way of pissing off nearly 2 billion of the world's inhabitants almost instantly. I suppose you would just intern all the males in the region and have them systematically euthenized, since you would never be able to determine for certain who was actually the enemy and who wasn't.

Right?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
If we fight them in the way they fight us, all we will do is reinforce their hatred of us and we will end up becoming the very thing we fight.

However, I do think that we need to start fighting them with the passion and determination of the old warior mentality. If we choose to commit ourselves to this, then we can not waiver or be swayed by casualties and momentary losses. We need to take the fight to them and face them man to man, bombing from the sky and using our technology will not be enough to stop them. This of course is how we fight terrorists and their allies, and it does not mean that we ruthlessly butcher people in a mad blood lust. Its simply fighting with everything we have at the appropriate time of battle.

As for Bush leading the charge, its kind of laughable but if we had a true leader who was experienced in combat I could see no greater show of honor, and boost in morale for our troops than for the leader who orderd a war to actualy participate in it and put his life on the line along with the common soldier.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I totally agree, our leader should be on the front lines fighting alongside our troops. If he is a bad commander, he will die for his stupidity and another will take his place. I think this is a great way to finnally get some leaders with some real guts and integrity.

As for the fighting technique, I'm being dead serious. As of now we are making a big deal over some prisoners who were humiliated. Isn't that the way they want us to act? Aren't we now playing into their hands with our media shananigans and stories?

This is probably exactly how they expected us to act, make a big deal over every little thing. What if we suprised them and treated them even worse than they treat us?

Those that want victory the most will get it. Look at Vietnam, an inferior yet ferociously determined enemy defeated a technlogically superior foe. We did not give 110% like the Vietnamese did(politics had alot to do with it).

We have to fight harder than they do. We must be more cruel then they are... Kill all of the terrorists and links that they have. Afterwards, we take care of the people and rebuild their country.

I do not have enough information to decide if this war is just or not, but if you start it, you better do it right.

And if the war is started and lost, the leader should be put on trial for treason.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Satyr, I havent been readding your posts, but if you are this agreesive in all of them, I can understand why you have been hit with deductions.

What are you talking about?

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Polskie.... ur first post ..... i think youre just thinking of ways to end the war asap but your idea wouldnt work because people just wouldnt stand for it.

"We should have never have gone to IRAQ. It was all LIES. Have not seen this? People of Iraq live in fear EVERYDAY now, period. That was not the case 6 months prior to the "war". "

could you expand on this please? where were the lies? are you from iraq? i bet you were against the sacking of the mirror editor.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by PolskieWojsko

That I believe is the only way to rid the stupidity etched into their minds. Afterwards, we help them rebuild and move on. As of now, we are still at war! They must be crushed without mercy

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by PolskieWojsko]

yeah... "their minds"....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join