It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret that will destroy us all

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Edison created a light bulb, that is now on the east coast. This bulb has been buning for over 100 years.

They could make the filiment better so they dont burn out. They wont sell any light bulbs if they did this.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

you are playing head GAMES LESS ENERGY LESS DAmaGE THE END.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantheria
reply to post by MR BOB

you are playing head GAMES LESS ENERGY LESS DAmaGE THE END.

That's the type of simplistic thinking that constantly gets humankind in trouble. It sure is easy though isn't it...to be a sheep.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Watch this..I wonder how many of you saw this when it came out..good stuff here..

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-9-2009 by baddmove]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

The EMF is even more dangerous than the mercury because it affects you whenever the lamp is on. At least the mercury is sealed inside the bulb unless it breaks. Compact fluorescents create an especially damaging form of EMF that also gets broadcast via the house wiring, so everyone gets a dose. Obviously some people are more sensitive than others, but that is true of toxic chemicals as well.

An EMF consultant included this info in a lecture he gave, and one of the audience members came up after and said this may explain his health problems: The man had been inspired to go green and replaced all his incandescent bulbs with CFL. Previously he had been completely healthy, but over a few weeks his physical health deteriorated dangerously. He had never made the connection until the lecture, switched the bulbs back, and the symptoms all went away. According to the consultant, a simple capacitor in the CFL circuit (tuned to each model of bulb) could be added to eliminate the EMF, but that would add a few cents to the cost.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
People should also be aware that these so-called energy saving lights only save energy and last longer than the old incandescent bulbs if they are left on. The switching on and off of these bulbs increases their failure rate to match that of incandescents. I remember this being reported in a New Scientist article but as yet I cannot find it.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Until I read this thread I didn't know about the Mercury in the bulbs.

Mercury is very nasty. I remember the story of the Japanese Minamata people, poisoned by Mercury in the river. There's a page on it on Wiki here.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by johndoeknows
Buy LED lamps!

Last longer (you will urn back the higher costs) more eco friendly.

Originally posted by PolarKnight
use LED lights, much less energy and "IF" they burn out you can pull out the two wires, crush them up into sand again and sprinkle them on your favourite beach.

LEDs are a great technology but they are not without draw backs or controversy.

LEDs are manufactured using chemicals & materials that impact the environment and people.

What seems to go forgotten when people are discussing so called green products, is the indirect industries & components that must be manufactured in order to complete "green" widget A and/or to sustain it, which is precisely the corporate elites grand prestige (IMO). As I said in my last post: "For every gain there is a loss but the sad fact is that "we the people" get the loss."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c196980b4da.jpg[/atsimg]

Than there is the little known fact that MONSANTO was massively involved in LEDs; supplying the GaAsP (Gallium Arsenide Phosphide) and other chemicals/materials etc, in order to mass-produce the technology. Many people, including myself, question anything Monsanto's greed has ever touched or been involved with and one can only imagine the damage inflicted when they were in the LED market.... But that is another story. Here is a short article on Monsanto's LED venture. (www.eetimes.com...)

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

This is not the only danger from these lightbulbs. i think i have written a thread about the other health related problems these lightbulbs create. You can get really burned, as if you had a really bad sunburn, if your skin is delicate and if you stay under one of these lightbulbs lit for too long, as in several minutes.

There are other health related problems, from headaches, to nausea, etc.

Let me see if I can find the thread.

Here is a thread made by another member.

It has videos with facts, and statements even from doctors and people who have suffered because of these lightbulbs.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here is the insight from someone who actually worked for a company which was giving away these lightbulbs, they claimed for free, but it was a scheme by "Easy Being Green", and other companies.

newmatilda.com...

If you really want to use these bulbs, you should buy the ones that have a screen, and not the ones that you see have a spiral form. Still I would never recommend anyone using these lightbulbs.

This was another scam perpetrated in the name of the "Global Warming hoax."

[edit on 7-9-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
i found it profoundly difficult to believe that these so called "environmentalists" were somehow unaware of the fact that these bulbs contain the toxic substance mercury. i guess if it's good enough to go in our vaccines, it's good enough for our lightbulbs. hey, maybe they'll even put it in our water along with the sodium fluoride next.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
What idiot dreamed up the idea to have a bulb like this in the house when it needs a virtual hazmat team to clear up after you break the thing.

That nut would be Nikola Tesla. He dreamed up fluorescent bulbs with mercury vapor conductors. Got to be a different way- water vapor maybe?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Electronics such as phones and laptops may start shedding their power cords within a year.

Wireless electricity may soon make tangled power cords a thing of the past.

That's the prediction of Eric Giler, CEO of WiTricity, a company that's able to power light bulbs using wireless electricity that travels several feet from a power socket.

WiTricity's version of wireless electricity -- which converts power into a magnetic field and sends it sailing through the air at a particular frequency -- still needs to be refined a bit, he said, but should be commercially available soon.

Giler, whose company is a spinoff of a Massachusetts Institute of Technology research group, says wireless electricity has the potential to cut the need for power cords and throw-away batteries.

"Five years from now, this will seem completely normal," he said.

If the light blubs don't kill us, then the electricity going through us will.
I can see us becoming magnetic fields.

[edit on 9/8/2009 by Katie]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Heres where I got that information from.

www.cnn.com...

This was actually the brainchild of Telsa... Next time travel. Which has been developed(shhh)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
wow i never knew they contained mercury... good to know. thank you for pointing that out. i havent bought any yet, but now i definitely never plan to.

i dont think we should boycott green products in general because many of them ARE good... but you definitely should always be wary and especially of chemicals and electronics.

we should all go back to good ol' candles for lighting. i mean for most of the day you dont need light anyways because it is light enough outside... and candles burn for a pretty long time and produce a good amount of light if they are big enough. meh, thats if you REALLY want to be extreme and save money and be safe. but it works

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katie
Heres where I got that information from.

www.cnn.com...

This was actually the brainchild of Telsa... Next time travel. Which has been developed(shhh)

Or Tesla whatever his name is.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Heres something about those light blubs which I think is odd. I have one in my bedroom and ever since I have been getting these strange dreams. But if I keep the light on all night I don't get these dreams. But with the light off I have these really weard dreams. YOu would think it would be the other way around.

I think I will remove that light blub, unless its to late and I have a mercury brain. LOL

There will be a problem in the future because these are the only blubs they will be making. The tradional blubs they will stop making.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katie
Heres something about those light blubs which I think is odd. I have one in my bedroom and ever since I have been getting these strange dreams. But if I keep the light on all night I don't get these dreams. But with the light off I have these really weard dreams. YOu would think it would be the other way around.

I think I will remove that light blub, unless its to late and I have a mercury brain. LOL

There will be a problem in the future because these are the only blubs they will be making. The tradional blubs they will stop making.

use candles. if it comes to that... im gonna use candles. they are pretty and romantic anyways. those lights are often harsh and give me headaches, even without knowing the mercury was in them.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Katie

Hi,

Do you sleep facing the ceiling?
Do you have a ceiling fan?
Does the bulb seem to flicker visibly?
Have you tried replacing the bulb with another Fluorescent bulb and/or regular bulb?

Reason I ask is that the frequency of fluorescent lights is too high to interfere with Alpha waves, unless you have one with a faulty ballast or something that produces a rhythmic pulsing of the source (ceiling fan).

Read this link particularly page 3 section 4
If you cant get the pdf try this alt link

(3) Light sources for use in the field would be cumbersome, easy for the enemy to avoid, and easy for snipers to hit.
(4) In some cultures, phenomena such as seizures and hallucinations have positive rather than negative connotations.Possibly some groups would interpret these phenomena as good omens.

The background information leading to the interest in pulsed lightas a potential weapon can be summarized very briefly. Recordings (electro-encephalograms or EEG's) of electrical activity from the human brain were made in 1924 by Berger, who identified and named the predominant wave (alphawave) of the electrical activity. In the 1940's, it was found that alpha rhythm can be controlled by photic driving, i.e.,by having the subject watch a flashing light. Later it was discovered that pulsing at certain frequencies can induce epileptic attacks in some epileptic patients.

also this may be of interest

The strobe light was popularized on the club scene during the 1960s when it was used to reproduce and enhance the effects of '___' trips. Ken Kesey used strobe lighting in coordination with the music of the Grateful Dead during his legendary Acid Tests.
quoted from source

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well my family and I were thinking about buying these a few months ago, until the mercury info popped up. I have a 2 year old and he throws things. Cant imagine if he hit a bulb and got that crap all over him. So thats why we decided against it. How can you call something enviromentally friendly if it has a toxic chemical inside it. Come on now.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Thank you for the information, since reading this post i have gotten rid of all those light bulbs and went back to the old ones, it seems though in the future we wont have much of a choice and will be forced to use these newer lightbulbs, unless we want to revert back to candle light or alternative methods for light sources.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join