It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Christians caused the world to spin off its axis?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Good afternoon everyone. I was just contemplating this and decided to share my contemplations.

It appears lately that the world has begun to spin off its axis. My question is: has this been caused by Christians?

Of all the religious groups, they seem to spew the most hate on here and in the real world. Most other religions are very tolerant of other ways of thought. Christians on the other hand are, in general, a very intolerant bunch, hating those not like them and not willing to take Jesus as the "New God." Don't get me wrong...there are other scary and nasty religions out there or ones with scary subgroups that make up their own rules.

So, if God created the world and the universe and etc....is He responsbile for spinning the Earth off its axis due to the vast hate filled group known as Christians? After all, Christianity was created out of greed and hunger for power.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
What do you mean by the earth spinning off its axis?....specifics please.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
God is one, he is responsible for everything.
But we did not take responsibility, growing towards god means
responsibility you take by becoming one first, by care and giving,
the opposite of what some theology sometimes teaches.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Tread lightly sir! You are perilously close to heresy. And we full well know what happens to heretics.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
whaaa, I haven't burned anyone at the stake since the late 1700's.

[edit on 9/5/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
not yet.
God enjoys a good laugh
He makes me doing it all the days of my life.
honesty you know, how can we blame honesty ?
opposite of what some theology teaches us.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Oh stop it OP!

You just made that thread to make christians look hateful. How you gonna bunch an entire group of souls into one category without knowing all of them?

Those hateful christians are hypocrites. As Jesus didn't even teach such things/

Do you even have a clue what Christ taught about our enemies and our neighbors. To love them.

Tolerance doesn't equal to love. I'm tolerant of my brother all the time in some areas, and others I am not.

Does it mean I hate him? No. I see people all the time, tolerant of peoples sins, beliefs, they are uncle toms, let you do drugs, and they let anything go, yet they don't love enough to be intolerant of certain things that will help people have good lives.

Of all the religious groups, they seem to spew the most hate on here and in the real world. Most other religions are very tolerant of other ways of thought. Christians on the other hand are, in general, a very intolerant bunch, hating those not like them and not willing to take Jesus as the "New God (OP)

Ok so saying we believe in something with real faith is hateful? Since when did preaching Christ become hateful?

You can love other people in other faiths without be tolerant in terms of thought.

Christ himself taught tolerance but also truth. He said he was the one, and we believe it, does it equal to hate?

That's insanity...

bye op ...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
christianity is not bad as in persons, some theology is

persons choose what they are and believe.
but there is something as growth
'bad' is not an absolute in this world

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
whaaa, I haven't burned anyone at the stake since the late 1700's.

Yeah but I'll bet this guy would like nothing more than to smell burning flesh.

www.youtube.com...

and this guy

www.youtube.com...

Yes E_Bs right. The world is spinning off it's axis and Christians aren't helping.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So, if God created the world and the universe and etc....is He responsbile for spinning the Earth off its axis due to the vast hate filled group known as Christians? After all, Christianity was created out of greed and hunger for power.

This is the stupidest thing I ever read. with all due respect. It's flame bait. Any sane person can see that.

1. Christ taught love. even loving our enemies. So it's not christians but hypocrites. Get that fact strait first.

2. Christianity was created out of greed? Insanity since the whole bible preaches the exact opposite. it was created to create saints through Jesus sacrafice in communion. When you die you will realize this.

3. The end will be brought about by mans own sins. creating nukes and war and rebelling against love and God.

the end will be brought about mostly by the nwo who are freemasons, many of them are, and freemasons have nothing but tolerance, one thing they don't have is a real faith so anything goes with them.

and this is why we have sercet societies and the like who plot antichirts arrival and a global communism controlled human race.

man's free will makes the earth spin off axis, and seriosuly mans free will cause (christians) to be hypocrites.

do you know how many good, decent, solid, helping the poor christians there are out there?

it's insane to lump true christians in a hatefilled group and you have the gull to talk about tolerance?

God bless you OP. I hope you realize this one day.

peace.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Pastor Wiley drake is an idiot!

Get that strait whaaa. That was beyond stupid reading that. He's not christian.

You can take a crap, dress it in a suite and tie and call it christian. Does it mean it's a christain?

hech no.

Don't call them christians, call pastor Wiley drake a hypocrite for praying for that.

That's comepleteley unchristian.

God I find that many athiest are not all so bright.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yes preaching hate is not very Christian like...but lets call him a Christian for a second...and say he has 300 followers. That is a very small percentage of the estimated 2.1 billion Christians in the world today.

I mean we can find hate everywhere, in every group from the atheist to the person that hides behind religion to spew hate...

I would say Bible following Christians are a pretty decent group of folks.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

God I find that many athiest are not all so bright.

This sentence really speaks volumes.

What atheists are you speaking of? Is one an Atheist if one doesn't believe in Jesus? You see, I believe in God. Therefore, not an Atheist...not that there is anything wrong with Atheists. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. It's actually in that rag, to some, known as The Constitution. Freedom of Religion. Freedom of Speech.

You actually can get mad at me for generalizing about Christians while you sit there and do the same for Atheists? In your own words, that's not very Christian.

The world is spinning off its axis. What are you Christians going to do to stop it? Can you? Is it too late? I think it's too late....

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
it's never to late. If there is a god, pain has a function, and function is defined.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Excitable_Boy you need to start taking responsibility for your actions. Spreading negativity and bias like you do helps nobody...it just breeds more negativity and bias. You want a more positive existance...."Be the change you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

Edit: please don't think I'm saying I'm perfect because I'm far from it. I lose my temper and get passionate just like everyone else. But we need to be critical of ourselves from time to time to see where we could do better....or bring more peace and positivity.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

we need to be critical of ourselves from time to time to see where we could do better....or bring more peace and positivity.

Now you're speaking my language. Right on! I say the Christians need to do better. They don't seem to bring peace and positivity. They bring war and greed and their power hungry freak show.

The world is spinning off its axis. What do you do?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
The world is spinning off its axis. What do you do?

If you are the reference we blame one segment of society we have prejudice toward and break all the mirrors in our home.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
some people fly into action
and make mistakes
other prepare themselves mentally
and make mistakes
others go slowly, start at home, do small
and make mistakes
orthers go rapid, start everywhere,
and make mistakes

but if you do a mistake, you can regret it
and although not perfect, you changed the world
that's why not everything that isn't perfect is evil

some people do nothing. and say they 'love' life,
because for them love is self-confirming.
They build easy on the mistakes and regret of others.
ignorance.

before perfection there are ONLY mistakes and regrets,
seeing them takes away their blame.
Even in the most extreme situations there is still regret and reflection,
and they make us grow.

You 'count' progress in the amounts of sorries or regrets or reflections
someone makes. Because admitting every single of of them hurts.
Truth hurts and then it will set you free, because you are one with truth.

It's not that bad with this world, it only looks like it sometimes,
and that makes us take our cross of care.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

What do you mean by the earth spinning off its axis?....specifics please.

I mean the world is a mess. There is global warming, global, hate, global weather conditions changing to the extreme, I mean there are bad people in powerful places, I mean the world is spinning off its axis and I believe the Christians are to blame.

God is sick of y'all worshiping your false god so He's finally decided to bring on the end times. IMHO.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Ex boy I said not all athiest are so bright. I didn't say all christians are hateful.

Iv'e never said all athiest are hateful, some of them, many infact, have alot of goodness and graces.
I'm not going to generalize because I don't know every athiest. I haven't gone to all their houses, ate dinner with them.

I haven't gone inside their brains and heart and searched their thoughts.

so please forgive me if i sounded rude.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join