It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a Run On the Banks and They Don't Want Paper!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by praxis

Originally posted by allclear
The PTB are not stupid folks. They know not to rock the boat such that revolutions break out across the world. They WILL maintain the status quo which consists of you continuing to pay more and more to the government so that the rich and elitists of the world maintain their status.

At one time, Louis XVI probably thought the same thing. The great unwashed masses disagreed and removed his head. Elegant solution to a 'taxing' problem.

At one time, the gov't was scared of the people. At one time...

Now, we are so scared of what the gov't will do next, we don't revolt or uphold the liberties our founding fathers have insured us, we just complain and say its normal! Well, finally, I'm seeing the frustration mounting in the citizens, and I like it. It shows we care more than before and we need to stand up!

:bnghd:

[edited for spelling]

[edit on 7-9-2009 by havok]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Stockpiling gold isn't going to do them one little bit of good if we have a total global melt down. you can't eat or drink gold.Staples like flour sugar and salt would be worth more gold than you could carry! Seed and a plot of ground to grow on is where the real wealth will be then... Let the Germans hoard their gold, Me I'm already halfway through building the green house for a few winter veggies.

If they get hungry later... sorry gold is useless to me... lets talk about trading in chickens...

[edit on 7-9-2009 by DaddyBare]

On a personal note I would have to agree with you 100%!

But in a national banking scenario Gold would be required to assert a new currency in the traditional sense of a standard system based on physical wealth rather than "promises to pay" (which is all the current system is and why it has failed).

Seeing nations stockpiling Gold is worrying because it suggests that they have the survivalist mentality that many here at ATS have. And bearing in mind they know a lot more about global economy than we do, it suggests that our worst fears on the future security of our nations and our financial stability are completely justified.
But, it also suggests that they are preparing for the possibility of a return to a gold-standard currency (a good thing).

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Of course your right but the latest moves by TPTB still have nothing to do with gold
Source

UN Says New Currency Is Needed to Fix Broken ‘Confidence Game’

Sept. 7 (Bloomberg) -- The dollar’s role in international trade should be reduced by establishing a new currency to protect emerging markets from the “confidence game” of financial speculation, the United Nations said.

UN countries should agree on the creation of a global reserve bank to issue the currency and to monitor the national exchange rates of its members, the Geneva-based UN Conference on Trade and Development said today in a report.

So what their thinking is a totally new currency to replace the dollar as a global market trading bank note. by making it UN issued no one country would hold title to "World Market trading Leader" things would be a bit more fair to emerging nations and put a stop to all this speculation by the ultra wealthy...

Well that's what they want to do... me I still have a greenhouse to finish building... shows how much faith I have it all their plans

[edit on 7-9-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

If they simply want to replace the $ with another trading currency, they don't need to stockpile gold.

I think we're looking at two distinct issues here, separate from one another.

There's no doubt several countries are in talks to replace the $ as a trading currency, I think this was reported several months ago.

But the hoarding of Gold isn't required to do this. The currency of choice can simply be implemented to replace the old.

The only two explanations for a nation hoarding gold are

1. Panic.
They fear the collapse of the $ and how this will damage each currency globally, so they need a valued standard which can weather any financial storm. It's a larger scale of what individuals are doing to safeguard their investments.

2. The creation of a replacement currency.
Most of us know how this has happened, the money in the real world doesn't equate to the massive numbers held on record as "promises to pay".
This is because the banks are allowed to "create" money from nothing simply by tapping it into a computer as nothing more than an IOU. The IOU is then transferred from person to business and back again through the system, it rarely needs to actually exist in the physical world. And, you pay interest, but that interest comes from somewhere. With only a finite amount of physical wealth actually in existence, this results in a funnelling of wealth to the banks in the form of profit. They really are sucking the money out of the system for their profit, and leaving the people in exponential debt.

This system will inevitably collapse. But when it does, Gold can be used to define the value any nation has in a vault if the traditional monetary system model is used.

The matter of a trading currency is viewed in the same model as our current system and is inherently flawed. And I am certain this is being discussed without connection to the idea of returning to a gold-based currency.
I suggest this because this is why the current system was implemented; to allow for international trade without the need for transferring a gold asset across the seas. Money was initially nothing more than a cheque to allow for such trade.

It's all my opinion of course, but that's how I see it.

If a nation is hoarding Gold, it suggests that they either expect the $ to completely collapse and fear the ramifications on their own financial system, or they want to return to a gold-based currency within their own borders and are amassing enough wealth to cover this transition.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

There is a possible 3rd scenario. Countries may be moving their gold supplies to "safe" places in anticipation of an upcoming global conflict?

UN Calls For New World currency

Let us subject the entire planetary economy to the same legal counterfeiting system that ruined the United States?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses
Let us subject the entire planetary economy to the same legal counterfeiting system that ruined the United States?

Heh, what did you think they meant by New World Order and One World Government? There are only a few countries left that aren't signed onto the World Bank and/or the IMF, and they are all, cooincidentally of course, collectively known as theAxis of Evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join