It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a Run On the Banks and They Don't Want Paper!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If you've wondered why Gold and Silver have suddenly taken off, there are a couple of stories that shed some light
url=http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_08/willie052709.html]HITMEN[/url]

Background inventory strain has come from unexpected sources. The Germans have demanded that gold bullion held in US custodial accounts be returned to their owners, with physical gold shipped back to Germany. The Dubai bankers have demanded that gold bullion held in London custodial accounts be returned to their owners, with physical gold shipped back to the United Arab Emirates. They are following the hired German counsel. In all likelihood, neither US nor London sources are in possession of all the gold held in those custodial accounts, since at least some of it probably was improperly leased. By that is meant without owner permission or knowledge. So an uproar could come soon with charges of gold bullion theft, or at least failure of fiduciary responsibility. Theft is a simpler description.

And here is evidence that it is happening

By Chris Oliver, MarketWatch HONG KONG (MarketWatch) -- Hong Kong is pulling all its physical gold holdings from depositories in London, transferring them to a high-security depository newly built at the city's airport, in a move that won praise from local traders Thursday.

So we may be in the middle of Bank run. It may come to light in the next few days that several countries are trying to convert as much of their dollar reserves into commodities

[edit on 5-9-2009 by UMayBRite!]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Could you post a link that targets the article specifically. I was unable to find it at Gold Eagle.

I follow gold closely by way of Jim Sinclair and he doesn't mention this.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

I think this is the source the OP was trying to link...
www.gold-eagle.com...

Interesting information. Thanks to the OP.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This is not a good sign. The other countries must be expecting a war or something that would threaten their gold deposits...why else would they move it? Good post.
s&f

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

Good information but that was not it.

This is the first post and it the earliest date I saw it is May 29, 2009
socioecohistory.wordpress

This seems to be the second article, which is more recent
Market Watch

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The banks are about to be no more. No paper just commodities....
It is plain as day.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I hope everyone read the signs and is prepared. It is all fire and brimstone from here on out.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Good article. Just another sign our economy is in dire straits!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ConnectTheDots

Brass tacks, What can we expect and in what kind of timeframe. I personally have been out of banks for about 3 years now.

Is this the busting of the COMEX I keep hearing about. In which everyone demands physical gold which they have paper on but in fact the gold does not exist?

Good post

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
i don't think you are correct.

I think the primary banks are well capitalized, and will continue to raise cash through whatever means possible (legal or illegal...it does not matter). You may see smaller regional banks close their doors, but THERE WILL BE NO BANK RUN!. Your title is very misleading and jumps to conclusions that are not based on facts.

Regardless if primary banks have marked their assets to fantasy, and not market as initial accounting standards have dictated, there will be no depression and status quo will remain. What they are doing is keeping you busy and distracted with non-issues like mandatory vaccines (laughable), internment camps (laughable), 9-11 (laughable because there will be no new investigation), UFOs, health care, Madoff, Iran, North Korea and other bullcrap.

The internet has become the modern day National Enquirer and this article is the perfect example.

The taxpayer, and future taxpayers, will be responsible for an enormous debt since the US is buying their way out of this depression by recapitalizing banks, commercial real estate and even foreign entities. If we were in such dire straits, do you think foreigners would continue to finance our trillion dollar wars around the world? The only conspiracy going on is right in front of your nose. They are mandating you accept whatever debt they generate. But alas, there will never be much attention to this matter and its implications. This is due to their success in dividing the people among faux issues, and defusing any united outrage towards the fleecing of taxpayers for decades to come.

The PTB are not stupid folks. They know not to rock the boat such that revolutions break out across the world. They WILL maintain the status quo which consists of you continuing to pay more and more to the government so that the rich and elitists of the world maintain their status.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by allclear]

[edit on 6-9-2009 by allclear]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well let's be somewhat objective here, shall we? The first article is an opinion piece that cites a source with secret 'insider' information. That should raise some red flags shouldn't it? The second article says that Hong Kong recently built a storage facility and is asking that gold held in foreign facilities be transferred there. Makes sense to me.

The recent global economic upheaval and the 'missing' gold from the 9/11 attacks would certainly cause jitters. Institutions and governments simply want their holding stored close-by and with governments in which they are invested. It all seems a reasonable result from recent events.

Is gold going to turn up missing? Hell yes it will. The curtain has been pulled back on these criminals and there is going to be a comeuppance. But I thing the artcle cited is a bit over-the-top. This isn't the end of banks, currencies or commodities. We're just going to see an overdue restructerring of the system with a great deal more transparency and oversight. Just like what happened after the Great Depression. And then the banking and investment lobbies will work to eliminate all those measures (just like they have since the Reagan era) and then they'll loot the treasury again.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
US: Here, I'll give ya a few poundings with my howitzers, then you can ask me again.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
This is not a good sign. The other countries must be expecting a war or something that would threaten their gold deposits...why else would they move it? Good post.
s&f

They are expecting the complete collapse of the western style financial system, and western financial institutions.

This Link is probably related:

www.reuters.com...

China owned financial institutions have told their minions that they do not have to honor derivatives contracts with western financial institutions.

The dollar (And western Finance) is collapsing, and people are getting out as fast as they can.

-Edrick

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UMayBRite!

Having been involved as a survivalist and Numismatist for several decades, allow me to make a suggestion to those inclined to purchase precious metals as a hedge against a "worst-case" currency collapse. Don't buy gold. The smallest gold coin (1/10th oz) may be too high value for bartering for the small but needed items.

I would encourage you to purchase old silver coinage that is recognized in your country of residence. In the US, for example, buy pre 1965 dimes, quarters and halves. These would be easy to use for barter for a loaf of bread or milk or first aid supplies, etc.

The problem with a one ounce gold coin is this: I find a person willing to sell me a loaf of bread and quart of milk which I need desparately for my family. How do you do that with a gold coin worth $1,000 or more? If you already have gold bullion coins, a trustworthy local coin dealer can work out a trade to silver coins for some of your holdings in gold.

Don't put the coins in a bank safety box! BigGov will close the banks and seize your holdings. Hide it in a safe place that you and family members can access but others won't locate. Invest in a fire-proof storage box (about $20 at Wal-Mart). If nothing else is available, bury it in a safe location nearby, in a sealed container, where you can get at it when needed.

You say, silver and gold seem too expensive now? Then stay with paper, God knows it's cheap...and lotsa luck, you'll need it!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UMayBRite!

This could also have a bit to do with it.

republicbroadcasting.org...

The U. S. is in the muck now, best to be prepared. Even if you have no money at all, you can still survive and prosper, it's the human way.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

You can invest in gold to protect yourself from inflationary pressure on paper money. If you are looking to barter, ammo will be an excellent form of currency which will probably be easier to negotiate with cause when the crap hits the fan, people are going to need lots of it. Five bullets for a loaf of bread. good deal to me! just make sure he don't shoot you to get his bread back though

Why are people buying gold and silver? Because the US dollar and british pound are just about to collapse. Hang on to your hats because the run is on, you can see it in the markets already.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I believe the title is very misleading. With a run on banks, one would deduce the possibility that there is a fear of the banks closing their doors. With nations putting a run on gold or other commodities, one would assume what has been said for many months now. The dollar is going to start crashing.

We all know this was going to happen, with inflation knocking at our door. I don't think they have all those sales pitchs' on the TV to "SELL YOUR GOLD", for nothing.

Have we (the USA) ever seen a massive sell-off of gold this big in a while? I don't think we ever had this before. Why? Because the makers of our currency know that when the Big dogs come running for their money, and we can't pay them back, we have to give them gold. The only way to get as much gold as possible: Tell the public gold is at its highest and they should sell it to get as much money as possible. Done deal.

Just my $0.02

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Countries moving their gold around just as the gold prices peak? I smell a conspiracy here...

money.cnn.com...

Gold is supposedly climbing in value... so if these countries are moving their gold around, do they know something that the rest of us don't?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Stockpiling gold isn't going to do them one little bit of good if we have a total global melt down. you can't eat or drink gold.Staples like flour sugar and salt would be worth more gold than you could carry! Seed and a plot of ground to grow on is where the real wealth will be then... Let the Germans hoard their gold, Me I'm already halfway through building the green house for a few winter veggies.

If they get hungry later... sorry gold is useless to me... lets talk about trading in chickens...

[edit on 7-9-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by allclear

The PTB are not stupid folks. They know not to rock the boat such that revolutions break out across the world. They WILL maintain the status quo which consists of you continuing to pay more and more to the government so that the rich and elitists of the world maintain their status.

At one time, Louis XVI probably thought the same thing. The great unwashed masses disagreed and removed his head. Elegant solution to a 'taxing' problem.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join