It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-fascists clash with right-wing protesters in Birmingham

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Anti-fascists clash with right-wing protesters in Birmingham

u2w3.com

There were angry clashes in a city centre today as right-wing protesters fought with anti-fascist campaigners in a busy shopping street.
A planned demonstration by The English Defence League in central Birmingham descended into violence as the group charged along New Street, close to the city's main train station.
More than 20 men have been arrested.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Here we go....

BNP and a new one for me - The English Defence League. These parties are growing in strength and numbers as more and more people get fed up with the nation loosing itself to other cultures and beliefs.

So the UK being an ultra monitored 'police type' state which seems to be oh-so-keen to push the rights of the minority rather than the majority, will be seeing more of these outbursts as I dont see them going away anytime soon unless:

- We see mass-death.
- Emergency etc. to place peoples minds on other things.

I don't agree with violence, I dont agree with bullying or some of the actions that occur but I can in some way understand the reasons behind it....to the English, England is lost.

u2w3.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/9/09 by AlwaysQuestion]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Just a couple of snaps from the article. A picture speaks a thousand words.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Wow, you are right. Here we go. God help us.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
If the English people have been made second class citizens in their own country, and they choose to protest that, why are they labeled as 'Fascist'.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
"Anti-fascists clash..." First I was like
but then I lolled. Not very convincing.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GigaloCool

Probably because it sells newspapers? Or perhaps like much reporting the facts are not straight.

You make a good point.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
England isnt lost and never will be!

BNP are scum,not sure about this EDL-will read up on them

but I expect there closet racists

LOL one coward had his hoody up in those photos,same as the extreme muslims snapped at their silly little rallies-there so alike

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
A little video link from the BBC

Video

Beeb article

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
As I had never heard of EDL before I looked them up... here is a quote from their website:

'Unite Against Fascism' (UAF) and its affiliated magazine 'Searchlight' between them have extensive experience in campaigning against anything which deviates from their far-left ideology. Their most effective, and widely-used tactic is to label any group that they disagree with: 'far right'. Ironically, these tactics make the group itself far more guilty of Stalin-esque Totalitarianism than any among their opposition. Deliberate use of misleading information about ones' ideological opponent, thus demonising and misrepresenting them, is the hallmark practice of fascist organisations.

So, inevitably, the UAF and Searchlight have deemed the EDL 'far-right'. Quite simply, the 'far-left' (UAF and Searchlight) are strongly aligned with Islam and anybody who criticises extreme Islam now not only has to contend with Islam itself, but with the 'far-left' who threaten the use of force and the limiting if liberties to ensure that their opponents do not have a voice. Ironic that a group who claim to be fighting 'fascism' are both using fascist tactics themselves and openly protecting Islamo-Fascism (which is just as real and dangerous as far-right extremism).

Problem is, the EDL are not fascist, or right-wing, or racist. The EDL have gone to significant lengths to show this, as well as stating clearly that they only oppose militant Islam, not Islam in general. In conclusion, the 'far-left' have proven themselves capable of clear and deliberate deception.

EDL Site

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by noangels

They are all haters mate, they want to divide the nation, they have been caught up in the economic troubles and this is theior voice.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ho hum. I don't really agree with the BNP et al but everytime they do a march and show themselves in public these wretched "anti-facists" appear.

I don't know much about this EDL lot, and probably never will if these "anti-facists" appear. These are probably the same bunch of toss-pots (or their offspring) who who used to demonstrate at my Students Union back in the 80's. Right pain in the nether regions, especially the day they tried to close the bar!!!

Just let the BNP / EDL (or whoever) get on with their marches and no-one would notice them. In a free country (yes, I know some prople here don't think the UK is free, but...) they should be allowed to have their say whether we like the message or not.

Maybe, the anti-facists are actually afraid of a debate.

Regards

[edit on 5/9/2009 by paraphi]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
England isnt lost and never will be!

BNP are scum,not sure about this EDL-will read up on them

but I expect there closet racists

LOL one coward had his hoody up in those photos,same as the extreme muslims snapped at their silly little rallies-there so alike

well here across the pond, i believe that any religion that says honor killings of women are ok, and that people that do not convert to islam should be killed, should be sent back to their own country. you are not a fascist for believing that, your simply NOT a barbaric human, stuck in the 7th century. man...i voted for obama in this country and i'm a democrat, but these radical islamists that believe that crap, should all be sent back to their country as soon as possible.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
thanks for linking that site op

Well it looks like they have sold 16 black shirts on Ebay

There also linked to help for heroes,my company deals with the founder I wonder if he knows whos linked to his charity?

Many non muslims honer kill their wifes and children jimmy,our jails must be full of people from all faiths who do this-but I do undersand you logic,but I have to say that those simple minded people who do that must be VERY small in numbers

Sorry I dont believe that rubbish about killing all who dont covert to Islam,as far as I am aware its christians who seem to be killing brown people in their own land.If we left them alone there wouldnt be any extremists in our country.My countries actions in Iraq and Afganistan have made us a target now,well I spose it makes a change from the Irish blowing us up with american funding

The thing is a lot of these extreme muslims were born in England,if you want us to send them back to their own homes then its going to get tricky!lol

If they break the law,lets lock them up

To be honest the best things we can do is ignore their rallies,if the media didnt make a big song and a dance about these events they might not bother doing any more if the knew no one would film them or write about what they said

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Anti-fascists my arse. They are the disaffected teenagers of brum, out for a ruck, as it has always been, and as it always will be.

Nothing more.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by noangels
thanks for linking that site op

Well it looks like they have sold 16 black shirts on Ebay

There also linked to help for heroes,my company deals with the founder I wonder if he knows whos linked to his charity?

Many non muslims honer kill their wifes and children jimmy,our jails must be full of people from all faiths who do this-but I do undersand you logic,but I have to say that those simple minded people who do that must be VERY small in numbers

Sorry I dont believe that rubbish about killing all who dont covert to Islam,as far as I am aware its christians who seem to be killing brown people in their own land.If we left them alone there wouldnt be any extremists in our country.My countries actions in Iraq and Afganistan have made us a target now,well I spose it makes a change from the Irish blowing us up with american funding

The thing is a lot of these extreme muslims were born in England,if you want us to send them back to their own homes then its going to get tricky!lol

If they break the law,lets lock them up

To be honest the best things we can do is ignore their rallies,if the media didnt make a big song and a dance about these events they might not bother doing any more if the knew no one would film them or write about what they said

well, i consider myself to have a degree of critical thinking skills, so maybe your right.
and i know your right about our american government trying to blow the crap out of people that we should leave the hell alone.
but in this country there are many islamic owned properties out in the middle of nowhere, that are being watched by the FBI, because of training drills being carried out with live ammunition. there have been a few independent news groups that have asked to go in, or even tried to sneek into these camps, and they have been met with fierce resistance, due to our liberal gun and property rights laws. these particular people are using our laws for what appears to be violent, secretive, training. this scares the hell out of me, and i consider myself to be a pretty rational person.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
these 2 videos are about the radical islamists in britian, check them out:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

and even though i despise FOX NEWS, and don't watch it, they had a video that was disturbing to say the least, check this out:

www.youtube.com...

so i don't think it's a far stretch of the imagination that these radicals are in both of our countries and they are not here to live peaceably and intergrate into the mainstream.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

Apparently there was a March last week too.... i never heard about that one but this one? Yes, there will be more of these i'm afraid... things are getting out of order over here... i really don't know why the Government have not kicked these fools out yet... it beggars belief really... i'm wondering if it's all been set up to go this way... Demonstrations every other week... things will turn violent soon.. i'm pretty sure about it... should have nipped it in the bud while the chance was there.... but nope... they've let it grow and grow... Islamist Extremists need to be kicked out.... so what if some were born here... don't want them here.... EDL seem to be Marching against Extremists only so whats wrong with that? We all want them out of here.... they don't want to change to the Western ideals... they want to force there Religion upon all of us and this is what they are doing all over the World! Maybe the New World Government have set it up to be like this....

I can only see things getting worse...

[edit on 5-9-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
i live in stockton calif. U.S.A., and in lodi, just 7 miles north of us, is where the FBI captured some islamic radicals that were part of a group that was sending money to various al-queada members in the middle east through front businesses. it was big news here for a while. you might want to check into the mosques or islamic schools (madrasses) in your area, if your inclined, and if its possible.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Maybe the people thinking these "right wingers" are evil demons should listen to what the "anti-fascists" are shouting.

"Our streets!" has nothing to do with protesting against a fascist government. They're not combatting officials, they're attacking British people who want their country back.

They believe they can "claim the streets", and in many places around the country, they have, with immigrant populations outnumbering 'natives' in large areas of big cities.

Both groups are extremists, anyone thinking logically can tell that.

I've had it with all yobs, whatever their reason for just hanging around the street causing trouble just for the sake of causing trouble. I think there should be a system of work camps set up for people between the age of 15 and say 35 who have never had a job and are not in education. Or maybe national service. Get them all working in farms, quarries, industry.

I despise the current form of government we have where on the one hand they like things like ID cards and snooping on people at will, while on the other having entirely useless immigration and social policies. Their idea of immigration is simply let people in and let them build their own little communities inside communities. Multiculturalism my ass, this is just building countries within countries.

It may take 10, 20 years, but honestly, expect a party like the BNP to be in power within that timeframe. That's if something isn't done now.

I cannot wait til a complete disassociation of all religion happens. World-wide on earth. You can't imagine how great that'd be for everyone.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by AR154]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join