It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Van Jones be attacking Glenn Becks free speech?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I heard about this on Olbermann yesterday. It turns out that it was Van Jones (The green jobs czar) who initiated the attack on Glenn Beck, attempting to get all his advertisers to pull out. Here's another site that confirms it:

Examiner.com

Van Jones is a co-founder and key person in the group "Color of Change" who have been leading this attack.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Personally I find Beck a bit nutty, but I do think it's disturbing that a member of current adminstration is one of the key people in this attack on Beck's free speech. And it is an attack on free speech. The aim of getting his advertisers to drop out must be to force Beck off the air.

If some outside group was doing this, I wouldn't really have a problem, it's the fact that Van Jones is a government official that makes this really disturbing to me. The government should not be involved in this kind of protest, it comes across as a government sponsored attack on free speech.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by harpsounds]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Van is probably angry that Glen played all those video clips, like the one where Van blames white people for poisoning people of color.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It is utterly mind boggling that someone who has been to jail could even get a job in government let alone one so high up. Still, they are all linked to each other and their communist groups. Welcome to the new world.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This was the discussion earlier.

Weird.

Obama, where's your head?? Van Jones??

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by suigeneris
This was the discussion earlier.

Weird.

Obama, where's your head?? Van Jones??

His topic is about the disturbing fact a person close the president is attacking American citizen's freedom of speech. Something the Obama administration does often, in conjunction with the MSM.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
IMHO if you will read the entire thread, many thoughts on the same subject were brought up.

I am only stating my opinion. But then again it is like an a##hole. Everyone has one and usually they stink.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

Thats a good point. It has to make you wonder. I also wonder at why he was put there in that position in the first place. It's like Van Jones's history was a big secret to anyone, so [politically charged insult removed] can't claim ignorance. Van Jones was not a major contributer to obumbers campain so you cannot brush it off as payback. Van Jones was no VIP lobbyist so you can't say there was some arm twisting to appoint him to that position. He could have choosen anyone, yet chose this one, Why?

The only possible answer is, Van Jones holds the same or similar views as does obomber. Anyone have a better explanition? I sure would like to hear it.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by useless eaters]

politically charged insult removed

please read Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

[edit on 5/9/09 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds
I heard about this on Olbermann yesterday. It turns out that it was Van Jones (The green jobs czar) who initiated the attack on Glenn Beck, attempting to get all his advertisers to pull out. Here's another site that confirms it:

Examiner.com

Van Jones is a co-founder and key person in the group "Color of Change" who have been leading this attack.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Personally I find Beck a bit nutty, but I do think it's disturbing that a member of current adminstration is one of the key people in this attack on Beck's free speech. And it is an attack on free speech. The aim of getting his advertisers to drop out must be to force Beck off the air.

If some outside group was doing this, I wouldn't really have a problem, it's the fact that Van Jones is a government official that makes this really disturbing to me. The government should not be involved in this kind of protest, it comes across as a government sponsored attack on free speech.

beck is a filthy mouth pig that can't discuss issues, insults more than half this nations populace and you right wingers somehow think he's your savior, your mentor, your champion of free speech and your own voice on TV. i know, why don't all of you just start insulting every non-republican you meet...you can call them names, curse them out, roll your eyes, wave your arms, talk over them louder and louder until people just start pointing at you and laughing like your some clown in a circus.

but you know what....OBAMAS STILL GOING TO BE PRESIDENT FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER 4 YEARS!!!!, and he's a BLACK LIBERAL DEMOCRAT....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....just laughing at some circus clowns.

my god!!! i've sunk to the right-wingers level of discourse, how disgusting.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by jimmyx]

[edit on 5-9-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Did you see the part where I mentioned that I find Glenn Beck nutty? I'm not a right winger either. On the political compass I'm in the middle of the bottom left box, ie libertarian left.

I just think people in active government should not be doing this kind of political action, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Did you miss the bit where I said I'd be fine with some independent group doing this 'remove the advertisers' attack?

Maybe your post is more general, at those people who support him on right wing grounds, but that's not me, and I don't think it should be other people too. Personally I think we should all hope for government to stay out of peoples free speech, no matter what side we may be on.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by harpsounds
reply to post by jimmyx

Did you see the part where I mentioned that I find Glenn Beck nutty? I'm not a right winger either. On the political compass I'm in the middle of the bottom left box, ie libertarian left.

I just think people in active government should not be doing this kind of political action, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Did you miss the bit where I said I'd be fine with some independent group doing this 'remove the advertisers' attack?

yes i did, and believe it or not, i agree with about half of what the libertarians believe on what government should be like. and if everything is true and factual about Van Jones and i would have to do more research on my own to come to that conclusion, then i would be questioning somebodys judgement on hiring him...the problem is,... i have done so many of these "FACT CHECKS" and there has been so many misleading statements, and out and out lies, that i just stop checking and automatically assume what i'm being told by the right wing is false.
it to me has become like the little pig calling wolf too many times.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Beck is playing with the big boys now, big business is 90% relationships, 9% BS...

However I do not think advertisers and free speech can be correlated -

Glen is free to speak, however his advertisers might be sensitive to the LEVEL
Of vitriol and Psychosis his talk entails.

The guy is trying to incite anger and violence in a very strong fashion

extraordinary even

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
hey JONES you seem to think you are the new KARL ROVE

the new architect......

you are not, you are nothing

another flash in the pan

crawl under the rock you emerged from and leave us honest folks alone

we really don't need your egotistical agenda

go fishing or something, be somebody...........

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boston Grump
Oh I don't know but I have another question. Should people learn the proper use of an apostrophe before they're allowed on the friggin internet?

We are soooooo screwed.

You really think we're all screwed just because someone misuses an apostrophe? Seems a little overly dramatic to me. How about you point out the mistake so people can learn, rather than just get on your high horse about it?

top topics

join