It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rendlesham Forest was hoax

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Yes there was a radar tape at Rendlesham but not at the time of Christmas 1980, it was in Oct/Nov 1980, it was the one that the MoD took away, two suits from London. The object was seen over the Wash and was a blip which jumped from 5 000 feet to 100 000 feet (edge of space) in stages over a few seconds. It would disappear at one altitude then suddenly reappear at a higher altitude. This is where the story about a so called radar tape at the time of Christmas being taken away by the AFOSI/USAF shortly after 28th December 1980 came from. It may be why Bentwaters was 'UFO aware' come December. It was nothing to do with the USAF, it was the MoD who took the tape.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFOexisist
The rendlesham Forest was a big hoax see this newsarticle: News article
This makes my belief in aliens able to travel to us much weaker and I somehow doubt wether the they exist or not? I think the evidence for existence is so small nearly nothing than evidence that those being as stated above exist. I mean where are they?

[edit on 5-9-2009 by UFOexisist]

I can't believe how easy is to shape human minds. Just an article with someone saying that he had a truck full of fertilizers and the whole story with countless of witnesses and testimonies, physical proof of the landing, sighting of the ufo it self etc, goes down the drain. Why? Because our tendency to be in denial is stronger then every thing, any kind of prove. I wonder for the people who are running to call this as a hoax, how much of knowledge have you about Rendlesham and what amount of research have u ever done to come up with your own opinion?

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It wasn't a truck load of burning fertilizer, I know this because it was me! I was only 3, but I headed out there in the car with torches, fireworks, and loudspeakers... Despite my diminutive height and resources, I raced around shining the torches and setting off fireworks, and then went home to bed. There is of course no evidence to prove this, but I tell you it is true.

Sheesh, this news report is rubbish, it really is. Full of holes than the finest Swiss cheese, and has about as much probative weight as the story I typed above.

I am not saying that it was Aliens, UFOs or even the Staypuft Marshmallow man, but one thing is for sure, it is not some petty thief and a truck load of sh*t.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sashwah

Yes there was a radar tape at Rendlesham but not at the time of Christmas 1980, it was in Oct/Nov 1980, it was the one that the MoD took away, two suits from London.

Sashwah, that's an interesting comment. To clarify what you mean, are you saying that when Hastings interviewed the radar operators as stated in his book excerpt here:

www.ufodigest.com...

that they incorrectly remembered the date as December (Christmas) when the real date was Oct/Nov? (or that Hastings incorrectly reported what they told him?)

That wouldn't shock me if that were the case as I know memory is less than perfect, however, it seems like Christmastime tends to stick out in my mind, as I thought it might for the radar operators, especially if they are working overtime to cover for buddies who went home to be with their families.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This information came from the radar operators themselves to the astrophysicist who was called in as one of the five scientists to look at all the witness accounts, data and also what celestial events it could have been. He was called in in January, just a few weeks after the event and shortly after another large craft was seen coming over the base, this is not widely reported by the way... due to the fact that the witnesses who were stationed on the gate decided not to call it in after hearing what had happened to the other soldiers who were involved in the christmas encounter.

So to answer your question somehow along the lines the story has been skewed. You can see how easy it would be for this mistake to occur seeing it is so close to the main event over christmas. But I cannot account for what has been written in the book. All I know is that the MoD removed the radar tapes before Halt had even submitted his memo. It actually had nothing to do with the DoD or the base seeing as the object was seen over the Wash which is a way away from the base and definitely British territory.

[edit on 13-9-2009 by sashwah]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Fraank Fontaine

Thanks for that... made me laugh

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Steve la Plume submitted this to eathfiles although i have spoken to him at length personally and have several mails form him regarding this incident.

www.earthfiles.com...

you need sto scroll down a couple of inches on your scroll bar to find the comments regarding the event in January I mentioned in the post above.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sashwah

Thank you for the explanation and the link!

That looks like more good stuff to read, I'll be reading it soon!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Isn't this about the forth or fifth person or group to come forward claiming they commited the hoax, I didn't relise how many people go out into Rendlesham forest at night and hang around an American military base waiting to hoax unsuspecting US soliders.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

Yes though I don't know if the other claims were full of manure, but this one sure was!

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Lol!!

You wouldn't believe the amount of people tramping about that forest on a weekend night. I've been a few times myself, it's almost tradition now. When I go to Suffolk to interview more witnesses (locals not military) I always find one night I'm tramping about the forest bumping into Brenda Butler and her gang and another lot who all dress in camouflage and shuffle around in the bushes. I've nick named them Brendleshams Army... They're a nice bunch but some of them have strange ideas... There has to be at least 50+ every weekend. The second night I'm there i always end up in a pub in a village talking to locals who have had sightings who insist on buying drinks all night. Good job i can record the conversations because on a couple of occasions i really wouldn't have been able to recall a single word the next day.... Local cider... the military should use that if they want to erase the memories of troops... I'm sure it would be less traumatic for them!!

And you're welcome... anything to set the record straight

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join