It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a positive place

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Hello all!
Before I get into my question, I'm going to throw in a little disclaimer. First of all, I love ATS! It is my favorite spot on the web and I'm not leaving. Also, I'm not encouraging anyone to leave. That is not what this post is for. With that said...

I would like to know if any of you metaphysical/philosophical ATS'ers have another forum, message board or chat somewhere off ATS where you post at for support, guidance or what have you. Here's the thing... Like I said, I LOVE ATS and I'm not leaving, but there are some things that I would like to discuss with equally minded, positively-thinking people or people with similar beliefs as my own, if that makes more sense. There are many great people here, but the reason I don't want to post such things here is I feel that there is far too much negativity from the skeptics and such. I don't have a problem with skeptics... if everything was one-sided, the world would be a boring place. I'm even a skeptic myself when it comes to many things. It's just that there are certain things that I wish to discuss in a positive atmosphere and I'm looking for a place where I can be a little more personal. You metaphysical types surely know what I mean!

So, any recommendations? You can even U2U me if you would rather, because I don't want to look like I'm trying to take anyone away from ATS because that is definitely not my intention.

Thanks all!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The problem is mostly that skeptics are often very rude. If they would ask questions like ordinary people, it wouldnt be a problem really. But they tend to not show respect when they disagree with someone.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I used to have a few places I visited but after a while it got so fake I couldn't stand it. At least here, the fake is expected.

I wish there was a chatroom somewhere where like-minded ones could pat each other on the back for a minute, then head back out to fight the good fight once again. :;

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
To tell you the truth friend, this particular forum, Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics is probably the safest board on the site for posting beliefs and such things.

We don't really get people who will bash you for your spiritual beliefs on this one. We have the religious conspiracies board for that one

I for one would love to know more about what your ideas and beliefs are, and I am sure there are hundreds of other members who would chime in positively.

Those who don't, we can simply use the ignore button. After all, threads only get derailed when members allow them to.

So please share your thoughts here with us. There aren't that many places on the web where you will find a comunity this diverse, you might actually change your opinion after a nice discussion with some of our members.

Peace and Love.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

You hit the nail on the head, Copernicus!

That's ok though, because I know that ATS is a place for people of all beliefs and I'm fine with that. I'd just like to have another place to go for those of us who tend to think the same and can discuss a personal problem or whatever without it turning into a brawl, lol!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
We lose so much for being worried of getting worried.
Don't mind the skeptics and all the negativity because in fact they are just offering one more opportunity for us to grow, even though it may seem hard to see at first.

If you feel extremely annoyed by someones attitude or personal beliefs you can consider their post as a simple bump to your thread. One way or another its helping you.

I think the Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics board in ATS is the best place in the internet for the subjects that give the board its name and I would really enjoy discussing with you your ideas and reading other peoples input.

If you have really strong positive energies you can overcome any negativity.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Well, I do have to agree with you there, Hazelnut. To be honest, the person that got me into metaphysics to begin with turn out to be so fake that it's a thousand wonders I stuck with it. I did though and I'm glad that she led me to it.

I think maybe the biggest problem is that I like getting to know people on a personal level and I haven't really taken the time the do that here. My fave ATS forums are the UFO and cryptid forums. I should probably try spending a little more time in this one and maybe I'll feel more comfy. Negativity just really affects me badly, lol. I try to stay away from it for the most part. I can't stay away from ATS though, hehehe.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thank you, tothetenthpower! You are probably right. My main issue right now is that negativity gets me down so badly... I'm extremely sensitive to it and I try to stay away from it as much as possible. Perhaps it would be beneficial if I just learned to deal with it more instead of avoiding it. I'm sure that has something to do with the reason it bothers me so much anyway.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I use to have the same problem friend. I found the cause was an imbalance in my chakras.

Here's something that really helped:A Beginners Guide To Chakra Meditation

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Ok, ok, I'm already being impressed, lol. I guess I just hadn't given the place half a chance.

Yes, you are right about losing so much for being worried of getting worried. Those are pretty much words to live by.

I've just gotten used to being around so much negativity lately that I avoid it at all costs... which probably just brings on more negativity, lol. I am a very positive person so I suppose I just clash with negativity. I guess learning to deal with it is just part of growing stronger.

Geez, look what you all did! You went and made me think!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thanks! Reading it and bookmarking it now!

line 2.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
To tell you the truth friend, this particular forum, Psychology, Philosophy and Metaphysics is probably the safest board on the site for posting beliefs and such things.

I don't know about safe. But I have learned a lot more about spiritual and esoteric subjects on this forum than any other. But other forums I frequent on those topics are the Astral Pulse forums which are already mentioned pretty often here, and the Esoteric Arcanum. I'm sure there are lots of others. I like the community here at ATS though. Not everyone is thoughtful and/or nice but there is no shortage of quality information. The other two are much more polite because they are smaller communities dedicated to a much more narrow range of topics.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by bsbray11]

top topics

join