It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The death of my son

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I am truly saddened and sorry for your profound loss.

To be a parent and to lose a child is one of the most tragic and difficult of all burdens that we humans must bear.

I have experienced much death and loss in my time, and I can faithfully say that though it doesn't seem like it right now, this grief too shall pass.

Honor your son by always remembering him well. I wish you the best.

- Jon

"It is worth dying to find out what life is." - T.S. Eliot

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
HEY Ben, I am very sorry that this has happened to you and your son.
Please take care of yourself

I think it is safe to say that we are all here for you, if need be you should take us up on it.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Dear Ben,

My heart truly breaks for you and your family. I cannot imagine what you must be going through. Just know that God is there with you. He will not leave you. My pray for you is peace that surpasses all understanding.

The community here is strong! We are all here for you.

Sincerely,
Ali

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

I started to cry just reading this thread. I can't imagine what you're going through. Hang in there. Hold on to the warm memories and good times. If you find yourself reading ATS and a comment slips out the way you would talk to your son, don't feel silly. Maybe he'll hear you.

My sister on the other side of the country emailed this to me the other day and it came to mind, so I'll share it.

I pray you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no
matter how gray the day may appear.

I pray you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.

I pray you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and
everlasting.

I pray you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in
life may appear bigger.

I pray you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.

I pray you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I pray you enough hellos to get you through the final
good-bye.

This is a reminder to me that we need to make great memories with all of the people in our lives. You can never know what to expect in life. Every moment is a treasure, because it is beautiful moments we will appreciate forever.

May your memories be enough to keep your heart warm until brighter days come.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Im so sorry to hear about your son

Sending positive thoughts your way mate

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
My deepest sympathies.
There is nothing in this life that time and substitution can't heal.
Always something good can come out of even the most tragic things, if we decide.
Let the time pass and do not torture yourself with what you could have done.
For now only remember the good times you had with the person you miss. Our thoughts get more clear as time goes by.
Remember that the person you lost want's you to be happy and probably want you to think that he is not lost, it's just somewhere else. A place where every soul born on this earth has gone to since we came to be and the place we will all go to someday. We can do nothing more than honor the memory of our people that left. It is just another place with different kinds of laws and purpose. You should not be thinking that all things should not matter to you anymore. I am sure that is what your beloved wishes also for you.

Take care.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
My dad had died.

However this video helped me a lot and all of Bashar.Make sure to see this and explore.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6-9-2009 by kapodistrias]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

He'll be in our prayers.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
You and your son will be in the prayers of my family...

I am so sorry for your loss...

Semper

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Dearest, what I am about to say will not at all remove the sting of what has happened to you, but I hope that it will give you some tiny bit of comfort in the days ahead.

I have been to the Other Side and it is beautiful. Not only that, but you are still "you". He won't forget you. No, no, no, a thousand times, no. He will remember you and you will hug in a way that you've never hugged before. No hurt between you, no distance, no barriers.

There is no time there so for him it will be an instant until you are together again, though the days will most definitely be long for you. Just take comfort that he is in a loving place and will see you again. Until then...while you cannot physically see him, know that he is just a veil away from you. He is not far! He is there.

I know all of this to be true because I experienced it for myself and had to come back. Please, take very good care of yourself. If you need anything U2U me.

God bless you,

EDIT: Sorry, I am a mom and I forget myself and say "dearest" and "hunny" and "sweetums" too much to strangers.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by A Fortiori]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

Nicely said A Fortiori

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
A few weeks ago I had a friend literally drop dead, although it hurt deeply I can't imagine loosing a son or other close family member. Even though this is only your first post, I hope you continue to post here and keep the memory of all our loved ones alive.

God Bless

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine the pain. Know this, he's where there is no pain, and he'll be there when you get there waiting. Healthy, happy, and glad as you remember him.

Again, I'm so very sorry...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Your post sank my heart so very much. I have two young boys and send my sincerest condolences. I have only imagined the pain I could feel with such a loss. My heart aches for you and I hope you find the strength within to preserve his memory and find meaning in your loss. With a heavy heart I wish you well.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

A Fortiori, that was beautiful. I am so glad you shared that. You touched my heart. Thank you.

And to you, dear OP, I am truely sorry. Take comfort in your son's memory. His demons are quiet now. I will keep you in my prayers.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss. Nothing hurts more than the lose of a child.

I have family that has gone through the same loss of a beautiful son with a wonderful heart. What makes them turn to drugs? Is it the search for something better, or escape, from what this world deals them or has to offer.

No judgment here, just the most heartfelt sympathies and good energy, such as it is, for your healing.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
My deepest condolences.

Death is like that "icky" thing; which no matter what cannot be taken away, or changed.

I don't know that it helps, but it is a widely held belief none of us can die until We each individually have fulfilled Our life's destiny. I truly believe in that; Your child in my opinion didn't just die, but completed whatever purpose they had here.

His energy, and impact he had on Your soul will never change; you'll always have that.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

How might I even respond? I'm not sure, but I must.
As a parent I know the love that goes out to our children. I will say this. I cannot imagine your pain. But know this, and I speak the truth. If you need someone to talk to, then U2U me, and I will give you my number.
I cannot begin to fix your pain, but dammit I will absolutely give you my shoulder.
I am here my friend. And these words are more than a couple typed sentences. I am here for you. Do not hesitate for a moment.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
So sorry to hear about your son. That must have been the hardest thing you ever had to go through. The death of someone so close is too hard to decribe and the pain seems to never go away sometimes. Everyone here on ATS is here for you. And ill definetly pray for your son.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join