It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana 2nd Ammendment tax free weekend spawned by "Imminent Peril to Public Welfare"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Okay I have obtained 3 pertinent documents. The first of which you are aware of.

revenue.louisiana.gov...

This one was apparently what the retailers were provided as general use

www.rev.state.la.us...

And this one is refered to in the above form

www.kcsouthern.com...

thats all I have guys. So far its just a happy go lucky event and the people are really embracing it according to local reports.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by praxis

upon reading the whole thread , I had the feeling that this was a local issue , with local crime issues involved .

the idea that some one was prepareing for a national situation seemed unlikly .
frankly , politians are beggers in nice suits . anything and everything a politian does has a back door buildt in where money is slipped under .

your post does have merit , and puts a slight spin that makes me look a bit closer .

my second reaction , is to look at what happens in other states .
if this is a once done then silently dissappear.. its likly local..

if other states do the same , we can assume are friend got a green light and a carefully worded phone call letting him know he would be fine doing this .

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by readerone

It is being discussed and apparently South Carolina did something similar. Look if they want to help out the local hunters a week before hunting season well thats a no-brainer. My concern has been and still is the verbage in the declaration of Emergency. What Emergency? what imminent peril Hey I'm an ATS'er I can fill in those blanks. But what did "they" mean when they wrote them?

Related article

blog.al.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hey check this out.

Fairfax, VA – Senator David Vitter’s amendment to prohibit the use of funds appropriated under the Homeland Security appropriations bill (H.R. 5441) for the confiscation of lawfully possessed firearms during an emergency or major disaster passed the United States Senate with broad bi-partisan support, the final vote margin was 84-16. In the House, Congressman Bobby Jindal of Louisiana introduced HR 5013, the “Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006,” an NRA-supported bill amending federal emergency statute laws to stop local authorities from confiscating lawfully owned firearms during times of disaster.

www.nraila.org...

this wouldn't go into effect unless the state was in a state of emergency, which would be covered by a "Declaration of Emergency".

revenue.louisiana.gov...

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

Hey i just found R.S. 49:953(B) the administrative procedures act no time to read just yet but i hope this helps www.lmvc.state.la.us...

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
reply to post by WWJFKD

Hey i just found R.S. 49:953(B) the administrative procedures act no time to read just yet but i hope this helps www.lmvc.state.la.us...

Nice find - thanks for the help

Page 4. suggests that specific reasons must be provided as to why failure to adopt rule would result in Imminent Peril to Public welfare, health, safety etc. It clearly does not.

From what I can gleen here - the Declaration of Emergency provided clearly does not meet with the Adminstrative procedues laid out by the state. It is clear that there are other documents related to this but not available for public use. I imagine the only way were getting to the bottom of this is a FOIA request.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

glad to help ... im at work right now so im really just back and forth from ats and drawing if i stop to read ill get caught haha

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join