It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So why can't Health Care be decided by the 50 States that represent this Nation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Look... I live in Texas...

Our State is just as crooked and corrupt as yours... But I think people here in Texas want to do things differently than the BLUE states.

So what happened to the Tenth Amendment?

I don't care what state you live in... If I can gamble, buy prostitution, and bet on sports in Nevada... why can't we get the states to provide Health Care to the public the way they feel is best for their community instead of the Federal Government telling all 50 States how they should live.... Next thing you know we will have the United Nations telling every country on the globe how to live.

Health Care Bill... it's kind of a big deal (Don't underestimate the power of the HealthCare Bill... you have no idea what the Bill is capable of doing).

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
In Australia its the states that dictate the health care for the people and it doesn't work, all the hospitals are heavily indebt and the quality of service is abismal. So i'd have to say the federal government dictating the healthcare would be by far superiour to having just the states.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by fapython

If the states can't handle the accounting, what makes you think a huge bureaucratic, centralized entity can?

edit: the best I've seen is a district county hospital. Ours currently runs at a surplus. They just bought a huge satellite hospital of one of the major private hospitals, so things can't be that bad for them.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by radio_for_peace]

new topics

join