It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movie: The Fourth Kind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Gonna see it?

The Fourth Kind

1n 1972, a scale of measurement was established for alien encounters. When a UFO is sighted, it is called an encounter of the first kind. When evidence is collected, it is known as an encounter of the second kind. When contact is made with extraterrestrials, it is the third kind. The next level, abduction, is the fourth kind. This encounter has been the most difficult to document…until now. Structured unlike any film before it, The Fourth Kind is a provocative thriller set in modern-day Nome, Alaska, where—mysteriously since the 1960s—a disproportionate number of the population has been reported missing every year. Despite multiple FBI investigations of the region, the truth has never been discovered. Here in this remote region, psychologist Dr. Abigail Tyler (Milla Jovovich) began videotaping sessions with traumatized patients and unwittingly discovered some of the most disturbing evidence of alien abduction ever documented. Using never-before-seen archival footage that is integrated into the film, The Fourth Kind exposes the terrified revelations of multiple witnesses. Their accounts of being visited by alien figures all share disturbingly identical details, the validity of which is investigated throughout the film.

The trailer really gives very little indication as to whether this film will be worth the effort. I, for one, am very tired of seeing this type of trailer, where they use all kinds of cheap, manipulative theatrical techniques to startle you.

Hopefully the film will have more substance, but I'm not too optimistic.

The trailer and the verbiage on Apple's site claim that the city of Nome, Alaska has an unusually high amount of unexplained disappearances. Anybody know if there's any truth to that?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Genre:Thriller

It isn't a documentary.

[edit on 9/5/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

There are at least 2 other threads regarding this.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

As Sam says, there are two other threads already - the main one is here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, the disappearances are apparently true, but beyond that it seems to be fictional. It's all in the other thread.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Clickfoot

Sounds interesting, any truth in it.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I actually quite enjoyed the trailer.

I find it interesting more to look on films like this as an indicator of how society sees this topic, or perhaps more interestingly, how society is being shown this topic.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Ive heard both sides but from what I understand is the bulk of the story is fabricated in Hollywood (www.thefourthkind.net...) but it was supposedly based on this story (fightforjustice.blogspot.com...) and some unnamed doctor who was the psychologist.

they even set up fake Twitter accounts as a Dr. Abigail Tyler(twitter.com...) to give it that documentary feel.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by kronos11]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Please add to the existing thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Springer...

new topics

top topics

join