It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Survivalist Fun : ZombieLand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I'm not one to promote MSM but this looks like just plain fun and perhaps we can all pick up some survival tips from this potentially informative movie. I don't know if it's a documentary but the trailer looks fairly realistic and could really happen?... You never know... Reminiscent of Dawn Of Dead. Perhaps a faster pace but just as fun.

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 9·5·09 by DrMattMaddix]

[edit on 9·5·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Awesome!

Two words:

Head Shot!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

I certainly hope this does happen and I just have to hope that the trailer, if that is what it is, does not have all the good bits of the finished film.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
i'll be seeing this movie...my friends and I are into joking about the zombie apocalypse, and potential "kits" we'd choose for taking on such an event... there was even one of those survey/apps on facebook we all did...most of the stuff we discuss is absolutely sarcasm, none of us know how to handle a 50cal, or pilot a helicopter, but we like to talk about it when the zombie topic comes up...

good times had by all

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Auto shotgun FTW

CX

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'll be watching this, cheers for the heads up.

It's funny, i've always been one of those that have not paid any attention to the zombie side of situation X, always taking it for the humour that is usualy is.....however....

Since the recent press about manmade viruses, and after doing a little research on how bad they can get.....it has made me take a little more interest in the situation.

Whether it be the "dead" type zombie, or the "sick" type zombie, i think i'm becoming more interested in how to look after my ass in a situation of this kind.

Looks like a good film anyway.

CX.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I think this movie is absolutely hilarious and in good keeping with today's everyone is going to die feeling. I just watched the preview and I think it's good humor to take the edge off.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
IS that woody haroldson? The main guy from natural born killers?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Indeed. Natural Born Killers was a trip...

Because of that film, I think he's perfect for this film.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Im definetly looking forward to this one. It does look really good. I does seem sort of a knock off of Shaun of The Dead though.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I really want to see this movie, loved SotD. Every time the commercial comes on my parents say that it looks stupid. lol

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This was a great movie for zombie fans...and I'm certainly one of those. I love the main character's (the kid, not Woody) "rules"...especially the "double-tap"....damn right!!!

The only downer from a survivalist standpoint is that they take a LOT of unnecessary risks, for seemingly small perceived rewards...but then, those instances end up making for great comedy, so it's all good...

There are actually a few "touching" scenes in the film, which may surprise some, and there is some good commentary on the nature of man in a disaster and the "out for myself" attitude...

Can't wait for World War Z...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Watched it last night. Can't wait to go and see it at the cinema. Woody Harrelson plays an awesome psycho. All I did was laugh.

It is kinda a cross between Shaun of the Dead, Bad Taste, and the zombie killing xbox360 game my kids have.

CX

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Can't wait for World War Z...

Hi Gazrok, do you mean the book?

I have that too, just about to start it. I just wanted to say though, if you are into zombie books and are getting the new Max Brooks book, "The Zombie Survival Guide - Recorded Attacks", be aware that when they say it is a "graphic novel", it is just that....graphics! It's a comic...every page!

You might be someone who enjoys comics, i don't know, but for someone who doesn't, like myself, it was a shock and a dissapointment i can tell you.

I've waited ages for it.

CX.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I watched this last night at a drive-in. If you haven't seen this flick, go watch it NOW! It is the best/funniest movies I've seen in a while, what with staying away from most mainstream media and with all the recent doom and gloom, I needed to laugh like that.

Woody H. makes the movie, and plays the part to the tee. Do yourself a favor and see it!
It's LOL!

CX

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

It's great isn't it.

My young daughter came home from school the other day saying she wasn't keen on the long run they had to do, they ran about 2 miles and she was puffed out.

I just gave her a hug and said, "Remember....Rule 1: Cardio".

She'll understand one day.

CX.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The movie was great!!!
Lol I wouldnt mind watching it again,perhaps I will

Rule 32: Enjoy the Little Things

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
i don't agree with the rule pertaining to being a hero. when the time comes to fight zombies i will probably use a katana or a scimitar until i can find an assault rifle. i might just practice guerrilla warfare and take weapons from the dead

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

No, I meant the movie...World War Z (and just recently, The Zombie Survival Guide) options have been picked up by film companies. I think WWZ is even in production, but would have to confirm it.... The book was excellent though (and I even have the CD version too, which is fun to listen to)....

EDIT: Not only is it being made, but Brad Pitt is starring! (and producing)

www.eonline.com...

[edit on 26-7-2010 by Gazrok]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
you know the wierd thing is i have never seen jet li in a zombie movie. ever since i saw night of the living dead i always wondered what it would be like if jet li was in this same scenario.

top topics

join